Last updated on July 6th, 2021
Best Western Rewards is the loyalty program of the Best Western portfolio of hotels and suites. The program, formerly called the Gold Crown Club, was rechristened “Best Western Rewards” in 2008. Best Western operates more than 4,100 properties worldwide, including over 2,000 in North America alone.
What Hotels Are in the Best Western Portfolio?
The following hotels and resorts make up the Best Western portfolio and participate in the Best Western Rewards program:
- Aiden by Best Western
- Best Western
- Best Western Plus
- BW Signature Collection
- Best Western Premier
- BW Premier Collection
- Executive Residency by Best Western
- Surestay Collection
- SureStay Plus
How to Earn Points with Best Western
The easiest way to earning Best Western Rewards points is through booking eligible stays at participating Best Western properties worldwide.
Eligible stays are defined as stays that are not booked through a tour operator, through a discount travel website or app (such as Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, etc.), or with other discounted rates – including employee rates.
The amount of points a guest earns with eligible stays at Best Western varies depending upon their membership tier in the Rewards program. These points-earning rates break down as follows:
The base level in the Best Western Rewards status levels, Blue earns 10 points for every dollar spent on bookings and purchases with Best Western.
Gold tier earns a 10% bonus on points earned. This means guests earn 11 points for every $1 spent with Best Western.
Platinum tier earns an impressive 15% bonus on points earned, meaning customers earn 11.5 points per $1 spent on bookings.
Diamond members earn a 30% bonus points – 13 points for every dollar spent.
Diamond Select is the premier tier in the Rewards program, with members earning a 50% bonus on the base 10 points per dollar spent.
Best Western has partnerships with over 30 airlines and frequent flyer programs worldwide, meaning Rewards members can earn points when booking flights through select partners. Best Western Partners currently include:
- Avios: Rewards members receive 500 Avios when they book their travel directly through Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, Air Italy, or Vueling Air.
- Aeroflot: Members also earn 500 miles when they book flights through Aeroflot.
- Aeroplan: Members who book flights through Air Canada’s Aeroplan earn 250 miles.
- Air Miles: Canadian members also earn 20 Air Miles reward miles when booking.
- Alaska Mileage Plan: Bookings with Alaska Airlines’ Mileage Plan earn Rewards members an extra 250 miles.
- Alitalia Millemiglia: Rewards members also earn 500 miles when booking with Alitalia.
- AAdvantage: Rewards members earn 250 American Airlines AAdvantage miles when booking through the carrier.
- Asia Miles: Members earn 250 rewards points when booking with Cathay Pacific.
- Asiana Club: Members earn 250 reward points when booking with Asiana Airlines.
- China Southern Sky Pearl Club: Members also earn 250 miles when booking with China Southern.
- Club Premier: Rewards members earn 800 kilometers when booking with Aeromexico.
- Czech Airlines OK Plus: Rewards members earn 500 miles when booking with Czech Airlines.
- Flying Blue: Travelers also earn 250 miles when booking with Flying Blue carriers, including KLM and Air France.
- Hainan Airlines: Members earn 250 miles when booking with Hainan Airlines.
- Life Miles: M embers earn 250 Life Miles when making flight bookings with Avianca.
- Miles & More: Rewards members earn 500 miles when making bookings with carriers in the Lufthansa Miles & More program.
- Payback: Best Western Rewards members earn 500 points when spending with Payback Italia, and 250 points when booking with Payback Germany.
- SAA Voyager: Members earn 500 miles on bookings made with South African Airways.
- SAS Euro Bonus:600 points are earned on bookings with Scandinavian Airlines through its SAS Euro Bonus program.
- Southwest Rapid Rewards: Members earn 600 points with Southwest Airlines.
- Turkish Miles & Smiles: Members earn 250 Life Miles when making flight bookings with Turkish Airlines’ Miles & Smiles program.
- United MileagePlus: Grants 250 miles through United’s MileagePlus program.
- Virgin Flying Club: Members earn 500 miles when making bookings with Virgin Atlantic.
Best Western Rewards members can earn bonus points when they book with select car rental companies:
- Alamo: Rewards members earn three Best Western Rewards points for every dollar spent on both time and mileage at participating Alamo locations.
- Avis: Rewards members earn 1,000 points for every rental, plus enjoy 25% savings on base rates with Avis.
- Budget: Members will also earn 1,000 points and receive 25% savings on base rates with Budget at participating locations.
- National: Members receive 25% savings on all rentals and earn three points for every dollar spent on time and mileage at select National locations.
- Sixt: Rewards members earn 1,000 points for every Sixt car rental or 2,000 points with every Sixt limo service – plus 15% on every rental.
Best Western Rewards does not have a shopping portal where members can earn additional points. That doesn’t mean, however, that members cannot earn points with purchases. Members can earn points when shopping with the following partners:
- Teleflora: Members earn 1,250 points on every order when they provide their membership number when prompted.
- Vinesse Wine Club: Members earn 5,000 points when they signup for the club through the Best Western site.
- Diners Club: Diners Club Rewards members can transfer their Diners Club Rewards points to their Best Western Rewards account, with Diners Club points transferring to Best Western points at a rate of around 1:2.6.
What Are Best Western Rewards Points Worth?
How to Redeem Points with Best Western
The easiest way to redeem Best Western Rewards points is through booking stays with Best Western properties around the globe. To book, all you need to do is visit the Best Western Free Night page and enter the details of your trip. Reward nights vary along with room rates – based on the city and date of stay – with free nights in Los Angeles starting from 8,000 points and nights in New York City or Miami starting from around 20,000 points per night.
Other ways to redeem points include:
- Gift Cards: Rewards points are redeemable towards gift cards through the Best Western redemption portal. Gift cards are available for airlines (like American Airlines), Canadian and American retailers (such as Amazon, Kroger’s, Loblaws, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Best Buy, and more), dining and food providers (like Starbucks, Subway, Cheesecake Factory, and more), gas and auto retailers, and more.
- Merchandise: Points are also applicable to select merchandise rewards, including products from Black & Decker, Calvin Klein, and more.
- Best Western Vouchers: Points apply to Best Western gift cards, suitable for free nights worldwide.
- Entertainment and Travel: Gift cards are also available for National Parks, SeaWorld, and Carnival Cruise Lines.
- Charitable Donations: Rewards points can be donated to select Canadian and American charities.
- Share or Pool Points: Best Western also allows members to either share their points with loved ones through gifting or pooling points with friends or family to help reach loftier redemption goals.
Transfer Points to Travel Partners
Rewards points also transfer to the frequent flyer rewards programs of over 30 different airlines. All a rewards member needs to do is log in to their Rewards account, visit the Redeem Points portal and transfer points.
The following is a list of airlines and frequent flyer programs that are partners with Best Western:
- Air Miles
- Alaska Mileage Plan
- Asia Miles
- Asiana Club
- Club Premier
- Flying Blue
- Life Miles
- Southwest Rapid Rewards
Best Western Rewards Membership Tiers
Blue is the introductory level in the Best Western Rewards program and offers the base level of benefits and perks.
- 10 points per $1 spent at Best Western
- No blackout dates
- Points never expire
- Access to the exclusive reservation line
- Free nights count towards elite tier status
- Early check-in/late check-out
Gold is the first elite tier in the Best Western Rewards program that offers perks beyond what regular (Blue) members can expect. Gold status requires a minimum of either ten nights at Best Western, seven qualifying stays, or 10,000 points. Best Western Rewards Cardholders also receive complimentary Gold status.
Gold members can expect the following perks beyond what Blue members receive:
- 10% bonus points on stays
- Choice of a thank you gift or points upon arrival
- Free room upgrades
Platinum is the next tier in the Best Western loyalty program and offers enhanced perks beyond those of Gold members. Platinum status requires a minimum of either 15 nights at Best Western, ten qualifying stays, or 15,000 points. Best Western Premium Rewards Cardholders also receive complimentary Platinum status.
Platinum members can expect the following perks in addition to those experienced by Gold members:
- 15% bonus points on stays
Diamond is the second-highest tier in the loyalty program and offers further enhancements than those Diamond members can expect. Diamond requires a minimum of either 30 nights, 20 qualifying stays, or 30,000 points.
Diamond members can expect the following perks beyond Platinum:
- 30% bonus points on stays
Diamond is the top tier in the loyalty program and offers additional benefits from those Diamond members can expect. Diamond Select requires either 50 nights at Best Western, 40 qualifying stays, or 50,000 points
Diamond Select Benefits
Diamond members can expect the following perks beyond Diamond:
- 50% bonus points on stays
Current Best Western Credit Cards
Best Western currently offers two co-branded credit cards. These cards are versatile travel credit cards that earn additional points per dollar spent on qualifying purchases: