Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Best Western Rewards® Premium Mastercard®
Earn Up to 80,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 17.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 17.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $89
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn up to 4 free nights just by opening your account, as well as automatic Platinum Elite status
- Earn 80,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in the first three billing cycles after account is opened
- Earn an additional 40,000 bonus points when you spend at least $5,000 during each 12 billing cycle period
- Earn 20 points per $1 spent on Best Western Stays, and 2 points per $1 spent everywhere else
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.99% or 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $89
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style - Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 - See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs - Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 - See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate's life with Miami Children's Museum - Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Best Western Rewards® Premium Mastercard® is a co-branded hotel rewards credit card with a lucrative introductory offer that will grab the attention of anyone who enjoys staying at Best Western hotel properties while traveling. Earn up to 70,000 bonus points within the first year of opening your card, as well as 20 points per $1 spent directly with Best Western – that’s up to 4 free nights just from opening your account and using your card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Will spend $5,000 within the first year of account opening (to earn up to 70,000 bonus points)
- Will make purchases with Best Western to take advantage of up to 20x points per $1 spent
- Want a card with no foreign transaction fees
- Would like automatic Platinum Elite status and a 15% discount
Best Western Rewards® Premium Mastercard® Review
Boasting a generous introductory bonus, the Premium Mastercard from Best Western Rewards weighs in as a formidable contender among its fellow hotel co-branded credit cards. New cardholders have the opportunity to earn up to 70,000 bonus points within the first year of opening their account:
- 50,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 or more within the first three billing cycles after the account is opened.
- An additional 20,000 bonus points after spending a total of $5,000 or more during each 12-billing-cycle period. These are known as anniversary points.
This deal is accompanied by automatic Platinum Elite status, which affords cardholders Best Western perks like a 15% points bonus when booking a hotel room from Best Western properties, a welcome gift at check-in, a free room upgrade (when available), and more.
Reward Points & Redemption
Use the Best Western Rewards Premium Mastercard to earn points in the following ways:
- Earn 20x points for every $1 spent on Best Western stays:
- 10 points as a Best Western Rewards® member.
- 10 points for using your co-branded Best Western Mastercard®.
- Earn 2x points for every $1 spent everywhere else.
There is no limit to the number of points a cardholder can earn by spending, although bonus points may be limited by the card issuer for certain purchases and/or promotions. Points earned do not expire, unless the cardholder’s account has been terminated by Best Western or the card issuer.
Rewards points may be redeemed for free night stays at a Best Western licensed hotel; for a complete list of hotel properties, visit bestwestern.com. A free night stay with Best Western averages at 16,000 points per night; each free night stay ranges from 8,000 to 36,000 points per night depending on the property, room availability, and time of year. In addition to hotel stays, rewards points may be redeemed for virtual gift cards, gas and auto rewards, and more. Points can even be converted to airline award miles at the discretion of Best Western.
Cardholders are also eligible to receive an exclusive discount of 10% when they book a room by selecting the Best Western Rewards Rate at bwrcarddiscount.com.
Account information is easily accessible via online account access as well as by mobile. You can pay balances, check account activity, and report fraudulent activity quickly and conveniently. If there are fraudulent charges, cardholders are not responsible thanks to a zero-liability guarantee. Additionally, they’ll receive a free FICO® score to help monitor their credit.
For more information on the Best Western Rewards loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Best Western Rewards Premium Mastercard®?
The Best Western Rewards Premium Mastercard does not charge an annual fee for the first year as part of its introductory offer; after the first year has passed, cardholders will be responsible for a middling annual fee of $59 – which is competitive when compared to other hotel rewards card offers. To help cardholders save money, there is no foreign transaction fee associated with this card. If you’d like a credit card that will allow you to earn rewards points towards a free stay at Best Western properties but do not want to pay $59 each year for the opportunity, BestCards recommends that you consider the Best Western Rewards Mastercard, which has a similar rewards offer and no annual fee.