Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 11th, 2021
Hotels.com® Rewards Visa® Credit Card
Get 2 Reward Nights Worth $250
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Collect 1 stamp for every night you stay at an eligible property booked on Hotels.com. Collect 10 stamps, get 1 reward night
- Get 2 reward nights when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card is a straightforward hotel credit card from Wells Fargo. The card provides basic rewards earning potential and useful travel protections in a package that charges no annual fee or foreign transaction fees.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer to book their travel and hotel stays through Hotels.com
- Plan to book travel outside the United States
- Want Hotels.com Silver status
- Want the peace of mind that comes with travel interruption or cancellation protections
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee or foreign transaction fees
Hotels.com® Rewards Visa® Credit Card Review
The Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card is a no annual fee co-branded hotel card from Wells Fargo. The card rewards those who prefer the Hotels.com brand and interface when booking stays with additional rewards and protections.
The Hotels.com Rewards Visa earns stamps towards (you guessed it) the Hotels.com Rewards Program. Stamps are the rewards currency of the program, with members getting a single stamp for every night they stay at a property booked through the Hotels.com website.
There are currently over 500,000 properties within the Hotels.com network, meaning no matter where your travel plans take you there is likely a hotel, inn, bed & breakfast, or resort eligible to earn stamps.
How to Earn Stamps
Since the card is part of the Hotels.com Rewards Program, holders earn stamps for bookings via the website or Hotels.com app. An additional stamp enhances the single stamp for every eligible booking for every $500 in purchases they make with their card.
The Hotels.com Rewards Visa also comes with a decent signup bonus. New accounts earn two free nights (20 stamps) after they spend $1,000 in purchases within the first three months of account opening.
How to Redeem Rewards
Redeeming rewards through the Hotels.com Rewards Program is very straightforward, as the stamps you earn count towards free nights. Ten stamps are equal to one free night.
This solo redemption option places the value of the Hotels.com Rewards Visa’s stamps at approximately $11 per stamp. That earning rate equates to roughly two-percent cash back – or what you can expect from a flat-rate cash back card like the Citi Double Cash.
Another thing to consider with the redemption process is that Hotels.com Rewards Visa Cardholders aren’t subject to the $5 redemption fee the website charges for every free night a user books. Such a fee seems excessive (and greatly reduces the “reward”), so the fact cardholders are exempt is a nice feature.
Complimentary Silver Status
The card also comes with complimentary Silver status in the Hotels.com loyalty program. Silver status provides several excellent benefits that make traveling a little bit easier, including:
- Free breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi
- Airport transfers
Other Features of the Hotels.com® Rewards Visa® Credit Card
The Hotels.com Card comes with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees. These are unique features for travel or hotel cards, but they are still nice features to have, nonetheless.
Given the near-global purchasing power of the Visa payment network, no fees on foreign transactions can result in significant savings when using the card abroad. It also assists travelers with purchase and fraud protections that cash can’t provide.
The card does not provide any introductory APR offers. If you are looking for 0% intro APR on purchases, you’re out of luck.
That said, the everyday APRs on both purchases and balance transfers are competitive with other similar products. The APR, for example, is practically identical to the Expedia Rewards Card from Citi.
Other card features include:
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption benefits of up to $2,000 per insured individual on a Common Carrier ticket
- Visa Roadside Dispatch
- Travel and Emergency Assistance
- Zero Fraud Liability
Should You Apply for the Hotels.com® Rewards Visa® Credit Card?
The Hotels.com Rewards Visa Credit Card from Wells Fargo is a decent little hotel credit card for those that prefer to book their stays through Hotels.com or their mobile app. The card is a great enhancement to current members of the Hotels.com Rewards Program, as it offers additional stamps, removes the need for a reward fee, and features no annual fee.
While the cash back value of the card is competitive, it isn’t spectacular. The real shortcoming with the card, however, is the limited redemption options available.
Cardholders can only use their Hotels.com Rewards stamps with Hotels.com bookings. While this reward option is evident given the card’s name and branding, other general-purpose travel credit cards offer much more versatility.
Overall, the Hotels.com Rewards Visa is a good – but not great – co-branded rewards card from Wells Fargo. If you are picky about your hotel booking sites, this may be the ideal card for you; if not, however, a general travel rewards card might be a better bet.