Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard®
Earn 40,000 Bonus Points After Spending $1,000 In 90 Days
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 18.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 for the first year; after that $79
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 3 points per $1 spent on eligible Spirit purchases
- 2 points per $1 spent on eligible dining and grocery store purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Points never expire
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 18.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99%
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year; after that $79
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte – Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 – See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style – Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 – See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs – Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 – See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate’s life with Miami Children’s Museum – Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard is an airline rewards credit card that provides significant value to the frequent Spirit Airlines traveler. The card earns up to 3X Free Spirit points on purchases, offers priority boarding, and features no foreign transaction fees. Spirit and Bank of America also waive the $79 annual fee for the first year.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently fly with Spirit Airlines
- Travel to the Caribbean or South and Central America
- Want priority boarding
- Can justify the $79 annual fee
Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® Review
The Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® is an impressive airline rewards credit card for those who prefer to fly with Spirit Airlines and want a selection of perks when traveling with the carrier– or anywhere else Mastercard is accepted.
Earn Free Spirit Points with Every Purchase
The Travel More Mastercard is a premium credit card that earns the most points when booking flights with Spirit Airlines. The card earns 3X Free Spirit points per dollar spent on eligible purchases with Spirit Airlines, including flights, in-flight purchases, baggage, and more. Given that Free Spirit points have a value of around $0.06/ pt., earning potential is equivalent to 2% cash back.
The Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® earns 2X points on dining and grocery store purchases and 1X points on all other eligible purchases. The average point valuation for Spirit points places the dining and grocery bonus category at a little over 1% cash back – not great, but an easy way to rack up Free Spirit points quickly.
Introductory Bonus Points Offer
The Free Spirit World Elite Mastercard also comes with a bonus points offer for meeting minimum spending requirements. New accounts can earn 40,000 bonus Free Spirit points, plus a $100 Companion Flight Voucher, after making at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days.
The card also comes with another bonus offer: cardholders that spend at least $5,000 in purchases within the prior year receive a $100 Companion Flight Voucher.
How to Redeem Free Spirit Points
Redeeming Free Spirit points is a straightforward process. Spirit features several ways to redeem points for award flights. The cost of award flights with Spirit depends on the distance of the award route:
- Region 1:0 – 1,249 miles
- Region 2:1,250 – 1,749 miles
- Region 3:1,700 – 2,499 miles
- Region 4:2,500+ miles
Once the distance of the route is determined, award flights fall into one of four categories:
- Off-Peak Flights: Only available when booking award flights with the Spirit Airlines World Mastercard
- Standard Flights: The primary tier of award flights. These flights are only available on certain days of the week and at select points in the year.
- Peak Flights: Offers more availability than Standard fares but still subject to blackout dates.
- Premium Flights: The most expensive mileage tier offering the best award flight options.
Off-peak flights in Region 1 start as low as 2,500 points, with premium flights to Region 4 beginning at 45,000 points. This valuation means that the Free Spirit World Elite Mastercard’s signup bonus is exceptionally valuable.
Free Spirit points never expire.
Rates and Fees
The Free Spirit World Elite Mastercard does not come with any 0% introductory APR offers. The typical APR varies, though applicants with exceptional credit scores can anticipate a competitive rate. That is approximately two percentage points lower than the national average for an airline credit card.
Other Card Features
Another notable feature of the card is the addition of Zone 2 shortcut boarding on all flights. While this perk isn’t the most lucrative, it will save the cardholder time when boarding and getting settled on their flight. Once aloft, they will also enjoy 25% savings on all inflight food and beverage purchases when paying with their Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard®.
The Travel More card is a World Elite Mastercard product, meaning it enjoys the pinnacle of Mastercard benefits and protections, including:
- Onefinestay Discounts
- Free ShopRunner Membership
- Mastercard Luxury Hotel Collection
- World Elite Concierge
- Cell Phone Protection
- ID Theft Protection
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Mastercard Global Emergency Services
For more information on the Free Spirit loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard®?
The Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® is an exciting credit card for people that frequently fly with Spirit Airlines. The triple points on Spirit purchases, plus the 40,000 bonus points, offer excellent value – especially when the annual fee is waived for the first year. The addition of 2X points on groceries and dining is another great feature for the Spirit Airlines aficionado.
For those who don’t travel enough with Spirit, however, the card is likely a miss. The $79 annual fee doesn’t offer enough value for the casual traveler. In that instance, cards like the Discover It Miles, Chase Freedom Flex, or even the Sapphire Preferred offer far greater value for money.