| Last updated on September 27th, 2023
Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard®
Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard®
- 20.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 20.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 23.24% to 30.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard is an airline rewards credit card that provides significant value to the frequent Spirit Airlines traveler. The card earns up to 3X Free Spirit points on purchases, offers priority boarding, and features no foreign transaction fees. Spirit and Bank of America also waive the $79 annual fee for the first year.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 3 points per $1 spent on eligible Spirit purchases
- 2 points per $1 spent on eligible dining and grocery store purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Points never expire
- Regular Purchase APR: 20.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 20.24% to 28.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 23.24% to 30.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year; after that $79
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You frequently fly with Spirit Airlines
- You travel to the Caribbean or South and Central America
- You want priority boarding
- You can justify the $79 annual fee
Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® Review
The Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® is an impressive airline rewards credit card for those who prefer to fly with Spirit Airlines and want a selection of perks when traveling with the carrier– or anywhere else Mastercard is accepted.
Earn Free Spirit Points with Every Purchase
The Travel More Mastercard is a premium credit card that earns the most points when booking flights with Spirit Airlines. The card earns 3X Free Spirit points per dollar spent on eligible purchases with Spirit Airlines, including flights, in-flight purchases, baggage, and more. Given that Free Spirit points have a value of around $0.06/ pt., earning potential is equivalent to 2% cash back.
The Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® earns 2X points on dining and grocery store purchases and 1X points on all other eligible purchases. The average point valuation for Spirit points places the dining and grocery bonus category at a little over 1% cash back – not great, but an easy way to rack up Free Spirit points quickly.
Introductory Bonus Points Offer
The Free Spirit World Elite Mastercard also comes with a bonus points offer for meeting minimum spending requirements. New accounts can earn 40,000 bonus Free Spirit points, plus a $100 Companion Flight Voucher, after making at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days.
The card also comes with another bonus offer: cardholders that spend at least $5,000 in purchases within the prior year receive a $100 Companion Flight Voucher.
How to Redeem Free Spirit Points
Free Spirit features several ways to redeem points for flights. The cost of award flights with Spirit depends on the distance of the desired award route:
|Region 1||Region 2||Region 3||Region 4|
|0 – 1,249 miles||1,250 – 1,749 miles||1,700 – 2,499 miles||2,500+ miles|
Once the route’s distance is determined, award flights fall into one of several categories:
- Off-Peak Flights:Only available when booking award flights with Spirit Airlines credit cards, including the Bank of America and Mercury cards.
- Standard Flights:These flights are only available on certain days of the week and at select points in the year.
- Peak Flights:Offers more availability than Standard fares but still subject to blackout dates.
- Premium Flights:The most expensive mileage tier offering the best award flight options.
Off-peak flights in Region 1 start as low as 2,500 points, with premium flights to Region 4 beginning at 45,000 points. Cardholders can also redeem Free Spirit points with select Spirit Airlines partners, including rental car companies Hertz, Thrifty, and Alamo, Choice Hotels, and more.
Related Article: The Ultimate Guide to Spirit Airlines Free Spirit
Free Spirit Card Comparison
Spirit Airlines offers four co-branded credit cards with Mercury Financial and Bank of America.
|Bank||Mercury Financial||Mercury Financial||Bank of America||Bank of America|
|Credit||Fair||Fair||Good, Excellent||Good, Excellent|
|Annual fee||$0 or $79||$0 or $79||None||$0 for the first year; after that $79|
|Rewards||2X on Spirit; 1X all else||3X on Spirit, 2X on groceries, dining, 1X all else||2X on Spirit; 1X all else||3X on Spirit, 2X on groceries, dining, 1X all else|
Rates and Fees
The Free Spirit World Elite Mastercard has no 0% introductory APR offers. The typical APR varies, though applicants with exceptional credit scores can anticipate a competitive rate. The card features an annual fee of $79, which Bank of America waives for the first year. The card Free Spirit Travel More also boasts no foreign transaction fees.
Other Card Features
Another notable feature of the card is the addition of Zone 2 shortcut boarding on all flights. While this perk isn’t the most lucrative, it will save the cardholder time when boarding and getting settled on their flight. Once aloft, they will also enjoy 25% savings on all inflight food and beverage purchases when paying with their Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard®.
The Travel More card is a World Elite Mastercard product, meaning it enjoys the pinnacle of Mastercard benefits and protections, including:
|Zero Liability Protection||Airport Concierge||Cell Phone Protection|
|Mastercard Global Services||Priceless Experiences||Lyft Credits|
|ID Theft Protection||Priceless Golf||DoorDash Offers|
|Mastercard Travel Services||ShopRunner Membership||Hello Fresh Savings|
|Mastercard Hotel Stay Guarantee||Fandango Savings|
Mercury Financial Ratings
How do the Mercury and Spirit Airlines stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card and Mercury Financial – the card’s issuer:
Should You Apply for the Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard®?
The Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® is an exciting credit card for people that frequently fly with Spirit Airlines. The triple points on Spirit purchases, plus the 40,000 bonus points, offer excellent value – especially when the annual fee is waived for the first year. The addition of 2X points on groceries and dining is another great feature for the Spirit Airlines aficionado.
However, the card is likely a miss for those who don’t travel enough with Spirit. The $79 annual fee doesn’t offer enough value for the casual traveler. In that instance, cards like the Discover It Miles, Chase Freedom Flex, or Sapphire Preferred offer far greater value for money.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.