Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on August 18th, 2022
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
Capital One Spark Miles for Business
- Regular Purchase APR 22.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 22.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $0 for the first year. After that, $95
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 5X miles on hotel and rental car bookings through Capital One Travel
- Earn unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase
- Earn a one-time bonus of 50,000 miles - equal to $500 in travel - once you spend $4,500 on purchases within the first 3 months
- Rewards miles do not expire and can be redeemed without blackouts or seat restrictions
- Additional employee cards at no cost, which also earn unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 22.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 22.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 28.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 30.9% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first year. After that, $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Capital One Spark Miles for Business card shines in both the strength and simplicity of its features, namely earning an unlimited two miles for every dollar spent on all purchases. Combine that with its special introductory signup offer and no foreign transaction fees, and you’ve got a card that companies will be clamoring for.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel frequently and can maximize the miles that can be earned
- Are eager to earn an unlimited 2X miles on all purchases, every day
- Want a huge introductory bonus that requires at least $4,500 in initial spending within the first three months of being a cardholder
- Want a business card with no foreign transaction fees
Capital One Spark Miles for Business Review
There’s no need to stress over calculating the travel rewards categories when using the Capital One Spark Miles for Business. The card is ideal for those seeking to rack up those unlimited 2X miles, nor are there blackout dates, seat restrictions, or a minimum for redeeming rewards.
As the miles earned with the Capital One Spark Miles for Business won’t expire for the account’s life, that can equal some serious rebates when saved up over a year or even at the end of the quarter.
A Huge Signup Bonus
One of the biggest appeals of the Capital One Spark Miles for Business is its current signup bonus. New cardholders can earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $4,500 on purchases within the first three months (or 90 days) of opening an account.
How to Redeem Miles
Capital One Rewards points have a value of approximately 1.4 cents per point. This valuation is based upon the best redemption options through the rewards program, which is travel. Travel options include flights, hotels, cruises, and rental cars booked through the Capital One Rewards portal. Cardholders can also use their points towards various award options, including cash back, statement credits, gift cards, or shopping (including using points with Amazon). Because of this versatility, the card compares favorably with other leading business credit cards, including the Chase Ink Business Preferred.
Rewards also transfer to a variety of Capital One airline and hotel partners. Current Capital One airline and hotel transfer partners are:
|AeroMexico (Club Premier)||British Airways (Executive Club)||EVA Air (Infinity Miles)|
|Air Canada (Aeroplan)||Emirates (Skywards)||Qantas Miles|
|Avianca (LifeMiles)||Etihad Guest||Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer)|
|Air France/KLM (Flying Blue)||Finnair Plus||TAP (Miles&Go)|
|Cathay Pacific (Asia Miles)||ALL (Accor Live Limitless)||Choice Privileges|
|Turkish Airlines (Miles&Smiles)|
Other Travel Perks
Beyond the value of Capital One Rewards points and the impressive signup bonus, the Capital One Spark Miles for Business also features an array of travel benefits and protections. Top of the list is an up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® when using the Spark Miles to pay the application fee. Cardholders also enjoy no foreign transaction fees on purchases – a great perk for companies that plan to issue multiple employee cards, as those foreign fees can add yup quickly.
Travelers can also rest easy knowing they’re covered with zero fraud liability should their Capital One Spark Miles for Business get lost or stolen, as well as automatic alerts if any suspicious activity is detected. Businesses will also benefit from the custom itemized spending reports they’ll receive both quarterly and yearly from Capital One, and the ability to download purchases to familiar formats such as Quicken®, Quickbooks™, and Excel®.
Should You Apply for the Capital One Spark Miles for Business?
The Capital One Spark Miles for Business credit card is an excellent business card for companies that frequently travel. Earning 2X miles on all purchases (and not just travel purchases) is quite the perk, as is the impressive introductory bonus. For businesses that want a solid rewards card for everyday earning, there aren’t many offers better than the Spark Miles.