Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on January 19th, 2022
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card
Earn 75,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $199
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 9X points per $1 spent at Hyatt hotels
- Earn 2X bonus points per $1 spent in your top three spend categories each quarter through 12/31/22
- Earn 2X points per $1 spent on fitness club and gym memberships
- Earn 1X points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- World of Hyatt Discoverist status for the primary cardholder and up to 5 employees
- Up to $100 in Hyatt statement credits each year
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 22.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 24.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $199
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $40
At a Glance
The World of Hyatt Business Card is a business hotel rewards credit card from Chase. The card earns up to 9X Hyatt points per dollar spent, offers World of Hyatt Discoverist status for up to six cardholders, and features a lucrative 75,000-point introductory offer – all for a $199 annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have a small business and have employees that travel frequently
- Plan on issuing a handful of employee credit cards
- Expect to spend at least $7,500 on the card in the next 90 days
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card Review
The World of Hyatt Business Card offers small-to-medium sized businesses the chance to maximize their savings when sending employees on business travel. The card features a $199 annual fee, earns an impressive amount of World of Hyatt points with every purchase, offers World of Hyatt elite tier status, and more.
How to Earn Rewards
As a credit card in the World of Hyatt loyalty program, the Hyatt Business Card provides its highest point-potential on Hyatt stays. Businesses earn up to 9X points on stays at Hyatt hotels, participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World, participating Exhale locations, and eligible Lindblad Expeditions. This 9X tally breaks down as 4X points per $1 spent with the card, plus 5X base points as a World of Hyatt member.
The World of Hyatt Business Card also earns 2X points in a wide variety of categories. First, the card earns 2X points per dollar spent on fitness club and gym memberships. Second, businesses also earn 2X points on the top three spending categories each quarter (through the end of 2022). These bonus categories include:
- Airline tickets, when purchased directly with the airline
- Car rentals
- Gas stations
- Internet, cable, and phone service providers
- Local transit and commuting
- Social media marketing and search engine advertising
All other purchases with the card earn a single World of Hyatt base point for every dollar spent. World of Hyatt points do not expire, provided the account is active and in good standing. However, keep in mind that points will be forfeited should the account be inactive for 24 months.
Introductory Points Bonus
The card also comes with a lucrative welcome offer. New World of Hyatt Business Cardholders can earn 75,000 World of Hyatt points after spending $7,500 on purchases in your first three months from account opening.
According to Hyatt, that points tally is good for up to 15 nights in Chicago at the Hyatt House Hotel or even three nights at the Andaz Mayakoba Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Regardless of where companies plan to spend their points, the introductory offer provides value that can help offset multiple nights when employees stay overnight on business.
How to Redeem Hyatt Points
The easiest way for businesses to redeem World of Hyatt points is through award nights with participating properties.
Hotel award nights rates vary depending on the category of the property, the date of the booking, and the location of the hotel or resort. Free nights in the program are bookable either with Points or a combination of Points + Cash.
- Points: Points bookings start as low as 5,000 for standard rooms to 10,000 points for premium suites with Category 1 hotels, up to 40,000 points per night for Category 8 properties. The Hyatt House Hotel in Chicago, for example, is a Category 1 property, while the Andaz Mayakoba Resort is a Category 6 resort.
- Points + Cash: Points + Cash bookings provide greater flexibility, with as few as 2,500 points plus 50% of the standard rate required to book a standard room in a Category 1 property.
Hyatt members can also transfer points to approximately 30 transfer partners, including major names like Air France, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Etihad, Southwest Airlines, United, and more. These partners offer a transfer ratio of approximately 2.5 Hyatt points to one partner mile/points.
For more information on the World of Hyatt loyalty program, check out:
World of Hyatt Perks
As a business and hotel credit card, the World of Hyatt Business Card provides high-quality benefits for companies that prefer to stay with Hyatt properties. These perks include:
- World of Hyatt Discoverist Elite Status: The primary cardholder – and up to five employees – enjoy Discoverist status in the World of Hyatt program. This tier provides 10% bonus points on eligible Hyatt stays, premium in-room Wi-Fi, and 2 pm late checkout where available.
- $100 Hyatt Credits: Accounts enjoy up to $100 in statement credits each anniversary year. These credits take the form of $50 credits when an eligible cardholder spends $50 or more at any Hyatt property – earnable 2X per year.
- 10% Redemption Bonus: Spend $50,000 in a calendar year and get 10% of the redeemed points back for the rest of the year.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Visa Signature Concierge
- Roadside Dispatch
- Visa Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance
- Travel and emergency services assistance
Should You Apply for the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card?
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card is an impressive hotel regards card for companies that frequently send employees on business trips and want to maximize their savings. The card’s 75,000-point welcome offer is very impressive – as are the up to 9X points the card earns on Hyatt stays.
The 2X point categories also provide excellent value, with the 2X points on your top three spending categories each quarter being very enticing. Unfortunately, that offer is set to expire at the end of 2022, though I wouldn’t be surprised if it was extended should the card prove successful.
The addition of Discoverist elite status is another nice perk. While that tier doesn’t provide upgrades or other luxury perks, it gives an extra element of comfort for road-weary business travelers. Ultimately, the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card offers quality and value for its $199 annual fee.