Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 13th, 2022
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card
Earn 60,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 18.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 18.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $199
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- 60,000 Bonus Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- 9 points total per $1 spent at Hyatt - 4 Bonus Points per $1 when you use your card at Hyatt hotels & 5 Base Points per $1 from Hyatt as a World of Hyatt member
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent in your top three spend categories each quarter through 12/31/23, then your top two categories each quarter
- 2 Bonus Points per $1 spent on fitness club and gym memberships
- Limited Time offer: Apply by 10/6/22 and get the card to receive 2 Tier-Qualifying Night Credits for each night you stay from 8/23/22 through 12/31/22
- Up to $100 in Hyatt statement credits - spend $50 or more at any Hyatt property and earn $50 statement credits up to two times each anniversary year
- 5 Tier-Qualifying night credits toward status and Milestone rewards for every $10,000 you spend in a calendar year
- World of Hyatt Discoverist status for as long as your account is open. Plus. Discoverist status to up to five employees
- Regular Purchase APR: 18.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 18.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $199
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The World of Hyatt Business Card is a business hotel rewards credit card from Chase. The card earns up to 9X Hyatt points per dollar spent, offers World of Hyatt Discoverist status for up to six cardholders, and features a lucrative 60,000-point introductory offer – all for a $199 annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Have a small business and have employees that travel frequently
- Plan on issuing a handful of employee credit cards
- Expect to spend at least $5,000 on the card within 90 days of opening an account to take advantage of the card’s generous signup offer
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card Review
The World of Hyatt Business Card offers small-to-medium sized businesses the chance to maximize their savings when sending employees on business travel. The card features a $199 annual fee, earns an impressive amount of World of Hyatt points with every purchase, offers World of Hyatt elite tier status, and more.
How to Earn Rewards
As a credit card in the World of Hyatt loyalty program, the Hyatt Business Card provides its highest point-potential on Hyatt stays. Businesses earn up to 9X points on stays at Hyatt hotels, participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World, participating Exhale locations, and eligible Lindblad Expeditions. This 9X tally breaks down as 4X points per $1 spent with the card, plus 5X base points as a World of Hyatt member.
The World of Hyatt Business Card also earns 2X points in a wide variety of categories. First, the card earns 2X points per dollar spent on fitness club and gym memberships. Second, businesses also earn 2X points on the top three spending categories each quarter (through the end of 2022). These bonus categories include:
- Airline tickets, when purchased directly with the airline
- Car rentals
- Gas stations
- Internet, cable, and phone service providers
- Local transit and commuting
- Social media marketing and search engine advertising
All other purchases with the card earn a single World of Hyatt base point for every dollar spent. World of Hyatt points do not expire, provided the account is active and in good standing. However, keep in mind that points will be forfeited should the account be inactive for 24 months.
Introductory Points Bonus
The card also comes with a lucrative welcome offer. New World of Hyatt Business Cardholders can earn 60,000 World of Hyatt points after spending $5,000 on purchases in your first three months from opening an account.
According to Hyatt, that points tally is good for up to 15 nights in Chicago at the Hyatt House Hotel or even three nights at the Andaz Mayakoba Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Regardless of where companies plan to spend their points, the introductory offer provides value that can help offset multiple nights when employees stay overnight on business.
How to Redeem Hyatt Points
The easiest way for businesses to redeem World of Hyatt points is through award nights with participating properties.
Hotel award nights rates vary depending on the category of the property, the date of the booking, and the location of the hotel or resort. Free nights in the program are bookable either with Points or a combination of Points + Cash.
- Points: Points bookings start as low as 5,000 for standard rooms to 10,000 points for premium suites with Category 1 hotels, up to 40,000 points per night for Category 8 properties. The Hyatt House Hotel in Chicago, for example, is a Category 1 property, while the Andaz Mayakoba Resort is a Category 6 resort.
- Points + Cash: Points + Cash bookings provide greater flexibility, with as few as 2,500 points plus 50% of the standard rate required to book a standard room in a Category 1 property.
Hyatt members can also transfer points to approximately 30 transfer partners, including major names like Air France, British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Etihad, Southwest Airlines, United, and more. These partners offer a transfer ratio of approximately 2.5 Hyatt points to one partner mile/points.
World of Hyatt Perks
As a business and hotel credit card, the World of Hyatt Business Card provides high-quality benefits for companies that prefer to stay with Hyatt properties. These perks include:
- World of Hyatt Discoverist Elite Status: The primary cardholder – and up to five employees – enjoy Discoverist status in the World of Hyatt program. This tier provides 10% bonus points on eligible Hyatt stays, premium in-room Wi-Fi, and 2 pm late checkout where available.
- $100 Hyatt Credits: Accounts enjoy up to $100 in statement credits each anniversary year. These credits take the form of $50 credits when an eligible cardholder spends $50 or more at any Hyatt property – earnable 2X per year.
- 10% Redemption Bonus: Spend $50,000 in a calendar year and get 10% of the redeemed points back for the rest of the year.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card include:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Visa Signature Concierge
- Roadside Dispatch
- Visa Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance
- Travel and emergency services assistance
World of Hyatt FAQs
Here are some answers to commonly-asked questions about the World of Hyatt hotel loyalty program:
- The World of Hyatt loyalty program includes a huge array of brands, includingAlila, Andaz, Caption, Destination Hotels, Exhale, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt House, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt Residence Club, Hyatt Zilara, Hyatt Ziva, Joie de Vivre, Miraval, Park Hyatt, Thompson, and The Unbound Collection.
- As of 2021, World of Hyatt has over 16 million members.
- Yes, after 24 months of inactivity on the member’s account.
- World of Hyatt Globalist status lasts at least 14 months, with the length of time depending on when you earned it.
Chase credit, debit, and banking products are available in all 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia.
JP Morgan Chase and Hyatt Card Ratings
How does the World of Hyatt Card stack up? Here are a selection of expert reviews for the card, as well as an overview of JP Morgan Chase as a bank:
Should You Apply for the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card?
The World of Hyatt Business Credit Card is an impressive hotel regards card for companies that frequently send employees on business trips and want to maximize their savings. The card’s 75,000-point welcome offer is very impressive – as are the up to 9X points the card earns on Hyatt stays.
The 2X point categories also provide excellent value, with the 2X points on your top three spending categories each quarter being very enticing. Unfortunately, that offer is set to expire at the end of 2022, though I wouldn’t be surprised if it was extended should the card prove successful.
The addition of Discoverist elite status is another nice perk. While that tier doesn’t provide upgrades or other luxury perks, it gives an extra element of comfort for road-weary business travelers. Ultimately, the World of Hyatt Business Credit Card offers quality and value for its $199 annual fee.