Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 7th, 2022
Amex EveryDay® Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 15.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network American Express
- Earn 20% extra points when you make 20+ purchases in a billing period
- 2X points per dollar spent at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000)
- 1X points on every other eligible dollar spent
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
A superb option for those with a good credit score and in search of the ideal balance transfer card, the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card features 2x points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases and 1X points on eligible dollars spent elsewhere. New cardholders can also earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after making just $1,000 in purchases within the first three months of their account opening.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn 2X points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, an easy feat for families and foodies
- Are likely to spend $1,000 within the first three months of the account opening in order to earn those 10,000 Membership Rewards® points bonus
- Will make 20 or more purchases with your card in a billing period to earn 20% extra points on those purchases (minus returns and credits)
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Amex EveryDay® Credit Card Review
Part of the Amex EveryDay’s main appeal is its 2X points earning rate at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases and 1x points on all other eligible purchases (minus returns and credits). Also a juicy proposition is receiving a welcome offer of 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after making $1,000 in purchases in the first three months. As this is an easy daily credit card for all types of purchases – hence its name – it should be easy to reach the $1,000 threshold in three months.
Pay Down Debt and Earn Rewards Points
American Express’ Membership Rewards® program allows cardholders to amass reward points when making purchases in select spending categories worldwide. These points can be used towards rewards from over 500 leading brands in various areas: including gift cards, travel deals, merchandise, incentives, immersive experiences, entertainment, and more. Members can even transfer points to several frequent flyer programs, including airlines and hotels like Delta and Hilton.
Cardholder Perks and Protections
Should a cardholder make 20 or more purchases with their Amex EveryDay® Credit Card in a billing period, they can earn 20% extra points on those purchases (again, minus returns and credits).
Like other good travel rewards cards, the Amex EveryDay® offers no annual fee and 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months from the date of account opening, then a variable APR, 12.99% to 23.99%. In addition to no annual fee, there are traveler-friendly benefits including complimentary rental car insurance for eligible vehicles and a Roadside Assistance Hotline to summon emergency vehicle services when needed.
There is even a Global Assist® hotline for those venturing over 100 miles from home, which assists with legal and medical referrals, as well as emergency coordination for critical issues like lost passports, cash wires, and missing luggage – all available 24/7.
As with other American Express credit cards, the Amex EveryDay® card offers extensive protections for cardholders. The card provides Purchase Protection for the theft or accidental damage of any eligible purchases, as well as an additional 2 years of warranty coverage for select items bought with the card and offer manufacturer warranties of 5 years in length or less. The card also provides fraud protection, meaning members are not held liable for any unwanted transaction.
Amex Everyday Vs. Everyday Preferred
|Card||EveryDay Credit Card||EveryDay Preferred|
|Rewards rate||Earn 2X points per $1 at supermarkets (up to $6,000) and 1X on all other purchases||Earn 3X points per $1 at supermarkets (up to $6,000) and 1X on all other purchases|
|Best perk||Earn 20% extra points when you make 20+ purchases in a billing period||Earn 50% more points when you make 30+ purchases with your Card in a billing period|
|Annual fee||No annual fee||$95 annual fee|
Should You Apply for the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card?
For a card with no annual fee, the Amex EveryDay Credit Card is a great value. The card offers less value than the Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card, but that card also charges an annual fee of $95.The ability to earn double points for supermarket purchases will appeal to everybody – after all, we all eat – and 1 point per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases will sweeten the deal. That rate is on par, though slightly less impressive, than cards with the longest intro APR periods – namely the Citi Simplicity® Card and Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card. This card is the ideal travel card for anyone who is looking for a way to earn rewards while they pay down a previous balance.
The information related to Citi Simplicity Card and Citi Diamond Preferred Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service