Amex EveryDay® Credit Card
10,000 Membership Rewards® Points + No Balance Transfer Fee
- Regular Purchase APR 12.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 12.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network American Express
- Earn 20% extra points when you make 20+ purchases in a billing period
- 2X points per dollar spent at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000)
- 1X points on every other eligible dollar spent
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 12.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers requested within 60 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 12.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
A superb option for those in search of the ideal balance transfer card, the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card features 2x points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases and 1X points on eligible dollars spent elsewhere. New cardholders can also earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after making just $1,000 in purchases within the first three months of their account opening.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn 2X points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, an easy feat for families and foodies
- Are likely to spend $1,000 within the first three months of the account opening in order to earn those 15,000 Membership Rewards® points bonus
- Will make 20 or more purchases with your card in a billing period to earn 20% extra points on those purchases (minus returns and credits)
The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card Review
For those looking to get out of debt, the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card boasts a $0 balance transfer fee for balance transfers requested within the 60 days of account opening. Adding to its appealing 2X points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases and 1x points on all other eligible purchases (minus returns and credits) is a significant introductory bonus of 15,000 Membership Rewards® points that can be earned after making $1,000 in purchases in the first three months, which can be hard to pass up.
Pay Down Debt and Earn Rewards Points
American Express’ Membership Rewards® program allows cardholders to amass reward points when making purchases worldwide. These points can be used towards rewards from over 500 leading brands in various areas: including gift cards, travel deals, merchandise, incentives, immersive experiences, entertainment, and more. Members can even transfer points to several frequent flyer programs, including Delta SkyMiles®.
Cardholder Perks and Protections
Should a cardholder make 20 or more purchases with their Amex EveryDay® Credit Card in a billing period, they can earn 20% extra points on those purchases (again, minus returns and credits).
Like other good travel rewards cards, the Amex EveryDay® offers no annual fee and 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months. In addition to no annual fee, there are traveler-friendly benefits including complimentary rental car insurance for eligible vehicles and a Roadside Assistance Hotline to summon emergency vehicle services when needed. There is even a GLOBAL ASSIST® hotline for those venturing over 100 miles from home, which assists with legal and medical referrals, as well as emergency coordination for critical issues like lost passports, cash wires, and missing luggage – all available 24/7.
As with other American Express credit cards, the Amex EveryDay® card offers extensive protections for cardholders. The card provides Purchase Protection for the theft or accidental damage of any eligible purchases, as well as an additional 2 years of warranty coverage for select items bought with the card and offer manufacturer warranties of 5 years in length or less. The card also provides fraud protection, meaning members are not held liable for any unwanted transaction.
Should You Apply for the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card?
For a card with no annual fee, the Amex EveryDay Credit Card is a great value, especially for cardholders who hold debt they want to chip away at without paying exorbitant interest rates or balance transfer fees. The ability to earn double points for supermarket purchases will appeal to everybody – after all, we all eat – and 1 point per $1 spent on all other eligible purchases will sweeten the deal. This card is the ideal travel card for anyone who is looking for a way to earn rewards while they pay down a previous balance.