| Last updated on November 14th, 2023
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- 19.24% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 19.24% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 15 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express gives you the ability to earn cash back on purchases in a handful of common categories, including 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets, U.S. gas stations and U.S. online retail purchases (on up to $6,000 in annual purchases for each, then 1%) and 1% on all other purchases. Though the categories with higher cash back rewards percentages are limited, they are ones in which many cardholders are likely to be spending money on anyway, hence the viability of this ca
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn a $200 statement credit after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months
- No Annual Fee.
- Balance Transfer is back! Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months from the date of account opening. After that, 19.24% to 29.99% variable APR
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%.
- 3% Cash Back on U.S. online retail purchases, on up to $6,000 per year, then 1%.
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%
- Get $7 back each month after using your Blue Cash Everyday Card to spend $12.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle, which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. Enrollment required
- Terms Apply.
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.24% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 19.24% to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You make frequent credit card purchases at online retailers
- You use your credit card to pay for groceries and gas in the United States
- You want a one-time $200 statement credit after making just $2,000 in purchases within the first six months of the account opening
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express Review
Whether grocery shopping or filling up the tank, the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a solid option for earning cash back on everyday purchases.
Groceries, Gas, and Online Shopping: Earn Cash Back
The cash back earned is received in the form of Rewards Dollars, which are redeemable for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise from top retailers. Before you know it, that 3% at U.S. supermarkets, U.S. gas stations, and U.S. online retailers (on up to $6,000 in annual purchases for each category, then 1%) will add up to some choice rewards. And that doesn’t include the 1% cash back you earn on all other eligible purchases.
You can even speed up this process by adding additional cards for family members and other trusted individuals, whose purchases will earn rewards just like yours. This cash back haul is on-par with the 1.5% back that comes with the Chase Freedom Unlimited (but less than the up to 5% with the It Cash Back, Citi Custom Cash℠ Card, or Chase Freedom Flex). It is also similar to the 2X on gas and groceries that comes from the Citi Rewards+® Card.
The other notable benefit offered by the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a one-time $200 statement credit that can be earned after making just $2,000 in purchases within the first six months of the account opening. It’s also worth noting that the card does not have an annual fee and features a 0% introductory APR on all purchases for the first 15 months and then a variable APR.
American Express Consumer Protections
American Express offers cardholders a myriad of protections for issues, including both travel benefits (such as vehicle rental loss and damage insurance) and Purchase Protection if an eligible purchase is stolen or accidentally damaged, such as a dropped smartphone.
Shopping and Entertainment
For those who love shopping and entertainment, the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers free 2-day shipping through ShopRunner on all eligible purchases at an ever-growing network of over 100 online retailers. Additionally, American Express card members can use Entertainment Access®, which provides exclusive access to ticket pre-sales for the hottest concert tours and events in your area, as well as tickets to Broadway shows and sporting events.
Should You Apply for the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express?
If your goal is to earn cash back and save money for purchasing everyday items like groceries and gasoline, the Blue Cash card from American Express may be a great fit for your financial goals. No annual fee sweetens the deal, and the generous introductory purchase APR (with a variable rate after that) makes using this card to purchase a big ticket item a breeze; it’s not often that you’ll find a card with 15 months of 0% interest and no annual subscription. That rate is on par, though slightly less impressive, than cards with the longest intro APR periods – namely the Citi Simplicity® Card and Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card.
For those looking to save ample by taking advantage of cash back earning, the Blue Cash Every Day card from American Express is certainly an eye-catching offer. Other potential options also include the Chase Freedom Unlimited or the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer.
The information related to Citi Custom Cash Card, Citi Simplicity Card, Citi Diamond Preferred Card, and Citi Double Cash Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.
Browse Other American Express Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.