Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 26th, 2022
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Regular Purchase APR 14.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network American Express
- 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%)
- 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores
- 1% cash back on other purchases
- Car rental loss and damage insurance
- Amex Global Assist Hotline
- Complimentary Shoprunner membership
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express gives you the ability to earn cash back on purchases in a handful of common categories, including 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 in annual purchases (then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores, and 1% on all other purchases. Though the categories with higher cash back rewards percentages are limited, they are ones in which many cardholders are likely to be spending money on anyway, hence the viability of this card when you factor in that it also has no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are interested in earning 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 in annual purchases (then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores, and 1% on all other purchases
- Want a one-time $250 statement credit after making just $2,000 in purchases within the first six months of the account opening
- Do not want to pay an annual fee
Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express Review
Whether grocery shopping or filling up the tank, the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a solid option for earning cash back on everyday purchases.
Groceries and Gas: Earn Cash Back
The cash back earned is received in the form of Rewards Dollars, which are redeemable for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise from top retailers. Before you know it, that 3% at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 in annual purchases (then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores, and 1% on all other purchases will add up to some choice rewards. You can even speed up this process by adding additional cards for family members and other trusted individuals, whose purchases will earn rewards just like yours. This cash back haul is on-par with the 1.5% back that comes with the Chase Freedom Unlimited (but less than the up to 5% with the It Cash Back, Citi Custom Cash℠ Card, or Chase Freedom Flex). It is also similar to the 2X on gas and groceries that comes from the Citi Rewards+® Card.
The other notable benefit offered by the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a one-time $250 statement credit that can be earned after making just $2,000 in purchases within the six three months of the account opening. It’s also worth noting that the card does not have an annual fee and features a 0% introductory APR on all purchases for the first 15 months and then a variable APR of between 13.99% to 23.99%.
American Express Consumer Protections
American Express offers cardholders a myriad of protections for issues, including both travel benefits (such as vehicle rental loss and damage insurance) and Purchase Protection if an eligible purchase is stolen or accidentally damaged, such as a dropped smartphone.
Shopping and Entertainment
For those who love shopping and entertainment, the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express offers free 2-day shipping through ShopRunner on all eligible purchases at an ever-growing network of over 100 online retailers. Additionally, American Express card members can use Entertainment Access®, which provides exclusive access to ticket pre-sales for the hottest concert tours and events in your area, as well as tickets to Broadway shows and sporting events.
Should You Apply for the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express?
If your goal is to earn cash back and save money for purchasing everyday items like groceries and gasoline, the Blue Cash card from American Express may be a great fit for your financial goals. No annual fee sweetens the deal, and the generous introductory purchase APR (with a variable rate after that) makes using this card to purchase a big ticket item a breeze; it’s not often that you’ll find a card with 15 months of 0% interest and no annual subscription. That rate is on par, though slightly less impressive, than cards with the longest intro APR periods – namely the Citi Simplicity® Card and Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card.
For those looking to save ample by taking advantage of cash back earning, the Blue Cash Every Day card from American Express is certainly an eye-catching offer. Other potential options also include the Chase Freedom Unlimited or the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer.
The information related to Citi Custom Cash Card, Citi Simplicity Card, Citi Diamond Preferred Card, and Citi Double Cash Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.