Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Sheetz Visa® Credit Card
Save Up to 8 Cents Per Gallon off Fuel
- Save up to 8 cents per gallon at Sheetz pumps with a MySheetz Rewardz membership
- 5% cash back on Sheetz in-store purchases
- 1% back on all other qualifying purchases
- No annual fee
- Regular Purchase APR: 21.74% to 27.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 21.74% to 27.74% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The Sheetz Visa® Credit Card is a gas rewards credit card that offers up to 8 cents in savings per gallon of gasoline pumped at Sheetz fuel pumps. The card also provides up to 5% cash back on in-store Sheetz purchases, plus 1% back on other eligible purchases, all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently purchase gasoline at Sheetz
- Have an active MySheetz Rewardz membership
- Live in the Mid-Atlantic region of the U.S.
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Sheetz Visa® Card Review
The Sheetz Visa® Credit Card is a gas rewards credit card from leading Eastern-U.S. gas station and convenience store brand Sheetz. The card, issued by Synchrony Bank, offers savings on every eligible fill-up at Sheetz locations, in-store cash back, and more – all for no annual fee.
Save Up to 8 Cents on Gas
The Sheetz Visa is a gas rewards credit card at its core – and it is here where the card saves most. Cardholders save 5 cents per gallon when used at Sheetz pumps, and that saving is supercharged with a MySheetz Rewardz membership, however.
Using MySheetz Rewardz with the Sheetz Visa Card entitles the cardholder to 8 cents back per gallon of gas purchased at Sheetz stations and service centers, including Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, and Virginia, and North Carolina.
Earn 5% Back in-Store - and More
The card also earns valuable rewards in-store with Sheetz. Cardholders earn 5% back on in-store purchases at any Sheetz location. Keep in mind that car wash purchases made at fuel pumps will not earn any rewards, however.
The Sheetz Visa also earns 1% cash back on all other purchases from any merchant (other than Sheetz) whose merchant category code is classified by the payment card industry as “Service Stations” (MCC 5541) or “Automated Fuel Dispensers” (MCC 5542). This final category is fairly confusing, given that most credit cards offer a flat 1% back on all other purchases – and don’t use restrictive language as Sheetz does.
How to Redeem MySheetz Rewardz
Fuel savings and cash back rewards with the Sheetz Visa Card take the form of rewards points – or, to put it more accurately, Rewardz points. Points apply towards various redemption options, with the most common options including Sheetz merchandise, food, or statement credits. Other redemption options for MySheetz Rewardz include:
- Gift cards/certificates
- Travel (Airline, Hotel, and Car Rentals)
- Cash back as a statement credit to the Account, an ACH deposit to any checking or savings account (ABA routing number required), or as a check sent by mail
- Other goods and services
There is no limit on the number of points that can be earned, Points are redeemed on a first-in, first-out basis, and points will expire on or after the fifth anniversary of when they were awarded.
Other Card Features
As a Visa Platinum credit card, the Sheetz Visa Card features the following protections and security features:
- Roadside Dispatch: Visa Roadside Dispatch is a pay-per-use towing and roadside assistance program. This program gives travelers peace of mind should they break down, anywhere, 24/7.
- Visa Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver: Receive coverage when you use your Visa to pay for the entire cost of car rental. This protection covers damage due to collision or theft.
- Cardholder Inquiry Service: 24/7 access to Visa customer service representatives who can provide detailed information for members in all major languages.
- Emergency Card Replacement and Cash Disbursement: Once connected with your bank, Visa will work with them to get you an emergency replacement card and emergency cash within one to three days. Conditions apply.
- Visa Zero Liability: Cardholders pay nothing if their card is subject to unauthorized use or theft.
Should You Apply for the Sheetz Visa® Card?
Co-branded gas rewards cards are great for commuters dedicated to a particular brand – and the Sheetz Visa Card is no different. The card provides exceptional savings at Sheetz pumps, plus up to 5% back in-store – all for no annual fee.
However, the geographic restrictions with Sheetz make the card difficult to use outside of Sheetz’s home base. This shortcoming is especially evident with the 1% back category, as it lacks the flat rate earning potential of most other competitors instead of a confusing earning structure.
Ultimately, the Sheetz Visa lacks some of the oomph of other gas station credit cards, such as the Sam’s Club Mastercard, Citi’s Meijer Mastercard, or even the Ducks Unlimited Visa. Still, the card provides plenty of value for Sheetz aficionados on the east coast, especially when paired with a MySheetz Rewardz elite tier.