Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 27th, 2022
Buc-ee's Platinum Mastercard®
- Regular Purchase APR 7.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Balance Transfer APR 7.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Cash Advance APR 0% introductory for 6 months. After that, 7.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 0% Intro APR on purchases, balance transfers & cash advances
- 10¢ discount on fuel at Buc-ee's stations
- No annual fee
- Worldwide acceptance and ATM access
- No cash advance or balance transfer fees
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 7.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 7.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Cash Advance APR: 0% introductory for 6 months. After that, 7.99% to 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Foreign Transaction Fee: See Terms
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Buc-ee’s Platinum Mastercard® is a gas rewards credit card from Texas-based credit union Texas Dow Employees Credit Union. The card offers a savings of 10¢ per gallon of fuel at Buc-ee’s fuel locations, 0% APR, and more – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Live in Texas or Louisiana
- Frequently purchase fuel from Buc-ee’s
- Want a gas card that doubles as a balance transfer credit card
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Buc-ee’s Platinum Mastercard® Review
The Buc-ee’s Platinum Mastercard® from TDECU is a gas rewards credit card that lets Buc-ee’s enthusiasts save money on gas and enjoy other services from the iconic gas and convenience store brand. The no annual fee card is issued by Texas Dow Employees Credit Union, a Lake Jackson, Texas-based credit union.
Save 10¢ per Gallon at Buc-ee’s
Gas rewards credit cards are designed to save cardholders money at the pump – and the Buc-ee’s Mastercard is no different. Cardholders save 10¢ per gallon on Buc-ee’s fuel locations. That ten cents savings are valuable for regular commuters that live near a Buc-ee’s and want to save at the pump while fueling on their morning commute.
While ten cents off per gallon is great, it trails the rewards offered by other gas rewards credit cards, with the Sam’s Club Mastercard being the most obvious competitor. Sam’s Club® Mastercard® cardholders enjoy 5% cash back on gas purchases anywhere Mastercard is accepted. Given the national average price of gas (currently $3.37/gallon), the Sam’s Card offers up to 16 cents off per gallon of gas, versus just 10 cents with the Buc-ee’s Mastercard.
Buc-ee's Platinum Mastercard
10¢ fuel discount at Buc-ee's
0% APR on purchases for 6 months
0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months
0% APR on cash advances for 6 months
Sam's Club Mastercard
5% cash back on gas purchases
3% cash back on Sam's Club purchases for Plus member
3% cash back on dining and takeout
Enjoy 0% APR – and a Great Rate After That
The Buc-ee’s Platinum Mastercard® is far more than just gas savings, however. The card also comes with several introductory APR periods, and new accounts with Buc-ee’s enjoy 0% APR on purchases for six months and another 0% APR period of 12 months on balance transfers. Even better, that intro APR extends to cash advances for six months – something almost unheard of with other credit cards.
The combination of zero-interest periods is exceptional with the Buc-ee’s Mastercard, as very few gas cards feature any special financing. However, the rates are even better when you take a look at the card’s impressive regular APR.
The Buc-ee’s Mastercard’s interest rates vary depending on the applicant’s creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. That said, the APR with the card starts as low as 8% – an exceptionally low APR that makes the card something of a no-brainer for the Texas Dow Employees Credit Union (TDECU) member with excellent credit and a love for all things Buc-ee’s.
Other Card Features
Other notable features with the Buc–ee’s Platinum Mastercard® include:
- No annual fee
- Worldwide acceptance and ATM access
- Baggage Delay Insurance
- $100,000 Travel Accident Insurance
- No currency conversion charges
- Mastercard® global services
- Zero liability protection
- Free identity theft protection
Should You Apply for the Buc-ee’s Platinum Mastercard® from TDECU?
There are plenty of gas rewards credit cards on the market, so what makes the Buc-ee’s Platinum Mastercard® from TDECU so special? The main allure, it seems, is the pull of Buc-ee’s – an iconic brand.
Buc-ee’s operates only 40 locations in the Texas and Louisiana area, but its iconic status cannot be understated in those regions. Saving 10 cents per gallon while fueling is a great selling point for local residents that want to save while commuting every day.
The other pull of the card is the three (yes, three!) 0% APR periods it offers. While none of the periods are exceptionally long, they provide exceptional value – especially given the surprisingly-low regular APR for applicants with the very best credit scores. For those looking for a credit card that provides broader
rewards, the Citi Rewards+® Card is another popular gas rewards credit card that earns 2X on groceries and gas, plus 1X on all other purchases.