Last updated on February 24th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card
U.S. Bank Business Leverage® Visa Signature® Card
- 21.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 21.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card is a rewards card that changes with your business. Unlike other rewards credit cards, the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Card allows you to earn 2x points for every dollar spent on purchases in categories where your company’s spend is the highest, and these 2X rewards change monthly with your business’ spending habits – meaning you get the most rewards with the least effort.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Limited time offer: Earn $750 in rewards when you spend $7,500 in eligible purchases on the account owners' card within the first 120 days of opening your account
- Earn 2% back in the top two categories where you spend the most each month automatically
- 1% cash per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases
- Earn 5% cash back on prepaid hotels and car rentals booked directly in the Travel Rewards Center
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first 12 months. After that $95 for the first year and every year after it will be $95 for Account Owners and $0 for Authorized Employees
- No reward caps or limits on the total rewards your business can earn. Redeem for your choice of cash back, gift cards, merchandise and travel
- Pay over time by splitting eligible purchases of $100+ into equal monthly payments with U.S. Bank ExtendPay™ Plan
- Expense management tool VISA Spend Clarity is free to access and sync expenses, set employee card controls, generate reports, and more
- Great Offer from U.S. Bank, a 2022 World's Most Ethical Company® - Ethisphere Institute, February 2022
- Terms and conditions apply
- Regular Purchase APR: 21.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: N/A
- Balance Transfer APR: 21.24% to 26.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 5% of each transfer amount (introductory). After that, either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99%
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first 12 months. After that, $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- You want free employee cards
- You want to earn two points for every dollar spent on the purchases they make the most
- You want the flexibility of a rewards program that changes with spending habits
- You have excellent credit
The U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card Review
When it comes to running a company, low maintenance solutions are always best. U.S. Bank understands the difficulties many business-owners tackle and offer the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card as a simple and stress-free way to earn bonus points for every day – and uncommon – expenses companies often face.
With the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card, members can earn up to 100,000 bonus points within their first year of opening the account, through the availability of an additional bonus point on every eligible net purchase.
Cardholders earn double points (2X points for every dollar spent on net purchases) on purchases made in the top two categories where they spend the most money. Categories available for double rewards points include airlines, advertising, automotive repairs, computer services, and stores, groceries, office supplies, hotels, insurance providers, and more. Members earn one point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
With the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card, there are no limits on the number of points that can be earned, and points are flexibly redeemable for a variety of rewards: from cash back in $50 intervals, to gift cards, travel costs, and merchandise from select leading retailers.
Should You Apply for the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card?
Overall, the U.S. Bank Business Leverage Visa Signature Card is a no-nonsense business rewards card for businesses who want to make the most of their purchases, while avoiding the headaches and monitoring of other rewards cards.
The flexible reward earning rate with the Business Leverage Visa Signature card is solid, but not spectacular, though U.S. Bank makes it very easy to redeem points for travel, merchandise, gift cards, and more. The card also features no annual fee for the first year, followed by a $95 fee each year after.
On the plus side, however, there is no additional cost or annual fee for extra employee cards – something with which many business rewards credit cards account holders are saddled. And, while the APR isn’t going to turn any heads, it is a competitive rate.
Other business credit cards to consider include Chase’s Ink cards, including the Chase Ink Business Cash and the Ink Business Unlimited – both excellent cash back options that feature no annual fee. The Ink Business Preferred also offers value but earns Ultimate Rewards points and not cash back.