Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Truist Enjoy Beyond Credit Card
Earn 30,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 13.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $195
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 3X points per $1 on travel purchases, 2X on dining, and 1X on all other eligible purchases
- Receive up to $100 annual travel experience statement credit for items such as ground transportation, streaming services, and ticket agencies
- Get up to a $100 statement credit for TSA Pre-Check® or Global Entry® – awarded once every four years
- Unlimited rewards earning
- Contactless payments and mobile wallets for faster checkout
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $195
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Truist Enjoy Beyond Visa® Credit Card offers up to 3X points on purchases, a decent introductory offer, and lucrative travel statement credits – all for a $195 annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often and want a streamlined rewards card
- Use TSA Pre-Check®
- Plan to spend at least $1,500 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Don’t require lounge access to enjoy travel
Truist Enjoy Beyond Credit Card Review
The Truist Enjoy Beyond Visa® is a premium travel rewards credit card that provides versatile rewards, premium travel perks, and more for a $195 annual fee.
Earn Up to 3X Points on Travel
The Truist Enjoy Beyond Card prioritizes travel rewards, and it’s here where the card shines. The card earns 3X points on all eligible travel purchases, including flights, hotel and rental car bookings, and more. The card also earns double points (2X per dollar spent) on dining and 1X points on all other purchases.
The points-potential with the Enjoy Beyond Visa isn’t earth-shattering compared with other premium travel cards, like the Chase Sapphire Reserve or the American Express Gold Card. That said, the points on offer with the card are ideally suited for the Truist customer that wants a versatile, premium travel card that earns points on travel – and bypasses some of the other frivolous bonus categories (and offers a slightly lower price point).
30,000 Points Bonus Offer
New accounts also enjoy 30,000 bonus points after meeting minimum spend requirements within the first three months of opening an account. New cardholders earn those 30,000 points after using their new Enjoy Beyond Card to make at least $1,500 in purchases within the first 90 days.
That introductory points offer provides significant value for cardholders. At the same time, 30,000 points equates to roughly $300 in value (given Truist’s points have a value of approximately one cent per point ($0.001/pt.), that introductory points haul is effectively 20% cash back for meeting a relatively modest spending target.
How to Redeem Points
Enjoy Beyond points apply to a variety of awards. Cardholders can redeem points for cash back as a statement credit to a Truist account, gift cards from leading brands and retailers, hotel stays, airline tickets, and merchandise.
As a Truist deposit, the first redemption option earns an additional Loyalty Cash Bonus based on the accountholder’s Truist banking relationship. Cardholders can earn a 10%, 25%, or 50% Loyalty Cash Bonus based on their Truist deposit relationship when cash rewards are redeemed into a Truist deposit account.
There is no cap on the total number of points earnable. Points earned will expire at the end of the month that is five (5) years from the date of issuance. Points are tracked and redeemable on a first-to-expire basis, with the cardholder’s oldest points being used first.
Impressive Travel Perks
Like the no annual fee Enjoy Travel Card, the Beyond features a selection of travel-centric perks, with both cards sharing a TSA Pre-Check® or Global Entry® statement credit offer. Where the Enjoy Travel offers $85 every four years; however, the Enjoy Beyond offers a $100 credit – effectively eliminating any cost for the service.
The Beyond takes things a step beyond the Enjoy Travel with a $100 annual travel experience statement credit for items such as ground transport, streaming services, and ticket agencies. This credit makes the Enjoy Beyond a versatile travel tool for frequent jetsetters that want a quality credit card to offset additional costs and incidentals – but don’t want a string of frivolous additional “perks” that bump up the annual fee.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Enjoy Beyond Visa Card from Truist include:
- Competitive APR starts as low as around 13%
- Visa® Zero Liability
- Customizable card controls to provide additional security
- EMV chip technology and contactless payment capabilities
- Mobile wallet compatibility for faster checkout
Should You Apply for the Truist Enjoy Beyond Credit Card?
The Truist Enjoy Beyond Credit Card packs quite the punch for a premium travel rewards card but suffers in a few key areas. The card earns 3X points on travel purchases and double points on dining, which is a great reward structure when combined with the modest 30,000-point introductory bonus. The addition of generous statement credits for travel incidentals (yearly) and TSA Pre-Check/ Global Entry application fees (every four years) is equally generous.
Where the Truist Enjoy Beyond falls, however, is the lack of any lounge benefits. No Priority Pass Select is an egregious shortcoming for a card with a $195 annual fee, especially when many other cards offer ten free lounge visits each year at a lower price point (with the Amex Hilton Honors Surpass the most obvious).
Ultimately, the Truist Enjoy Beyond offers plenty of value for the Truist customer who wants a premium travel card but can forgo the ultra-premium perks one might expect from a card of this standing. The points are great – but is that enough?