Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Truist Enjoy Travel Credit Card
Truist Enjoy Travel Credit Card
Earn 20,000 Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 16.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 2X miles on airfare, hotels, and car rentals
- Up to 50% Loyalty Travel Bonus based on your Truist direct relationship when you redeem your rewards for travel through the rewards program
- Redeem miles for cash back, gift cards, hotel stays, airline tickets, and merchandise
- No annual fee
- Contactless payments and mobile wallets for faster checkout
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.99% to 25.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Enjoy Travel Visa® Card provides quality miles on eligible travel purchases, a TSA Pre-Check® statement credit every four years, and more. The card, from Truist Bank, also features a competitive APR, no annual fee, and no foreign transaction fees.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Travel often and want a streamlined rewards card
- Use TSA Pre-Check®
- Plan to spend at least $1,500 on purchases in the first 90 days
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Truist Enjoy Travel Credit Card Review
The Truist Enjoy Travel Visa Card is a simplified travel card that provides decent points, a quality introductory bonus offer, and competitive interest rates – all for no annual fee.
Earn Simplified Travel Rewards
The Truist Enjoy Travel Visa is a travel credit card – and as such, offers its best rewards earning rate on travel-centric purchases. Cardholders earn 2X miles on all airfare, hotels, and car rental bookings made with the card.
While double miles on travel purchases sounds great, there is some confusion about what qualifies as an eligible purchase. Most card issuers classify eligible airfare or hotel purchases as those made directly with the airline. Others allow third-party bookings through travel portals, such as Expedia, Travelocity, or others.
Truist makes no differentiation in its terms and conditions, instead leaving it up to the cardholder’s trial and error to determine if every purchase is eligible for double rewards. Ultimately, using the card for third-party bookings will likely result in 2X miles, provided the MCC code is in-tune with Truist’s designs. Unfortunately, that isn’t explicit, however.
20,000 Bonus Miles
New accounts also enjoy 20,000 bonus miles after meeting minimum spend requirements within the first three months of opening an account. Successful applicants and new cardholders earn those 20,000 points after using their new Enjoy Travel Visa to make at least $1,500 in purchases within the first 90 days.
That introductory miles offer provides significant value for cardholders. While 20,000 miles equates to roughly $200 in value (given Truist’s points have a value of roughly one cent per point ($0.001/pt.), that miles haul is effectively 13% cash back for meeting a relatively modest spending target.
How to Redeem Miles
Miles earned with the Enjoy Travel Visa apply to a variety of awards. Cardholders can redeem miles for cash back as a statement credit to a Truist account, gift cards from leading brands and retailers, hotel stays, airline tickets, and merchandise.
There is no cap on the total number of miles earnable. Miles earned will expire at the end of the month that is five (5) years from the date of issuance. Miles are tracked and redeemable on a first-to-expire basis, with the cardholder’s oldest miles being used first.
Other Travel Perks
Beyond decent miles-per-dollar-spent, the Enjoy Travel Visa offers a nice selection of other travel-centric perks. These perks include no foreign transaction fees when using the card abroad. Cardholders also receive a statement credit up to $85 for TSA Pre-Check® or Global Entry® fee is awarded once every four years. This credit should cover the vast majority of a TSA application fee, providing a hassle-free travel experience with very little outlay.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Enjoy Travel Visa Card from Truist include:
- No annual fee
- Competitive APR starts as low as around 13%
- Visa® Zero Liability
- Customizable card controls to provide additional security
- EMV chip technology and contactless payment capabilities
- Mobile wallet compatibility for faster checkout
Should You Apply for the Enjoy Travel Visa Credit Card from Truist?
The Enjoy Travel Credit Card is a solid travel credit card that offers plenty of value for no annual fee. While the terms and conditions about earning rewards are vague, the card likely will accrue points on every eligible travel purchase – including those directly with airlines and hotels or via third-party booking sites.
The addition of 20,000 miles is also nice – as is the lack of any foreign transaction fees. The TSA Pre-Check® or Global Entry® fee is the real prize here; however, this is a feature not generally found with a no annual fee travel rewards credit card.