Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card
130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points for Redemption
- Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio
- 6X Hilton Honors points per $1 spent on purchases at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations
- 3X Hilton Honors points on all eligible purchases
- Complimentary Gold status with your card
- Free Weekend Night Reward after spending $15,000 on your card in a calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
If you regularly stay at Hilton properties, the accelerated ability to earn bonus points and a sizable introductory bonus offer help the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card really stand out. Card members also receive complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, which entitles them to guaranteed member discounts, digital check-in, complimentary breakfast, and a host of other perks, all for a competitive annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Regularly stay at Hilton properties and want to quickly earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points
- Would like to take advantage of a generous introductory bonus of 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points when you spend $2,000 within three months of opening your account
- Want the convenient benefits that come with complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status, as well as Hilton Honors Diamond status if you spend $40,000 on eligible purchases through the end of the next calendar year
- Use ShopRunner and would like to get free 2-day shipping on eligible items
Hilton Honors Surpass Card Review
The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card is a great credit card option for those who stay at Hilton properties often and are looking for enormous rewards potential coupled with a nominal annual fee. Rewards points can be redeemed towards one (or more) night stays at a Hilton property, room upgrades, and other perks at Hilton hotels. There are no foreign transaction fees, either, so you’ll save when you use your hotel card abroad.
With the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card, you can earn an incredible 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after making $2,000 in purchases on the card within your first three months of membership. With proper planning before a family vacation or romantic getaway, those bonus points are as good as yours. Points can be redeemed for Speaking of which, you can also earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar spent at participating Hilton properties, 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar spent at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations, and 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points on all other eligible purchases. Simply put, going about your regular day will likely earn you points with this credit card.
Other notable features of the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card include an annual bonus of a free weekend night each year for cardholders who spend $15,000 on purchases using the card in a calendar year and complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership, which permits access to over 1,000 airport lounges. Before, during, and after your Hilton stays, the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card can show you the way to serious savings.
Should You Apply for the Hilton Honors Surpass Card?
Overall, the Hilton Honors Surpass card from AMEX offers exceptional value for money. Cardholders can earn up to 12X points for every dollar spent with Hilton – all for the reasonable $95 annual fee. The card further benefits from an enticing introductory bonus of 130,000 points after making $2,000 in purchases within the first three months – an easily achievable feat for such an impressive reward. The addition of lounge access ten times per the calendar year, plus Gold status in the Hilton Honors program push this card even more into the “can’t-miss” column. And, even though the card lacks free nights before reaching high spending thresholds, this is a nit-pick that should be overlooked by all except the most discerning travelers.