Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on June 7th, 2022
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
- Regular Purchase APR 17.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $450
- Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent
- Processing Network American Express
- 14X points for Hilton hotels and resorts
- 7X points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com, ca
- 7X points on car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
- 7X points at U.S. restaurants
- 3X points on all other purchases
- Complimentary Diamond Status in the Hilton Honors rewards program
- Anniversary bonus of one weekend night
- Earn additional weekend night reward after spending $60,000 within calendar year
- $250 Hilton resort statement credit
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 27.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $450
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card is a behemoth of a hotel card, offering new cardmembers the ability to earn a hefty Hilton Honors bonus points welcome offer after making $4,000 in eligible purchases on the card within the first three months of the account opening. This card also grants the ability to earn a whopping 14x Hilton Honors points per dollar spent on direct Hilton hotel and resort purchases; 7X points on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, car rentals booked directly from select companies, and at U.S. restaurants; and 3X points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are capable and willing to spend $4,000 within the first three months of opening an account to receive the card’s welcome offer of bonus Hilton Honors points
- Want lounge access to over 1,000 airport lounges worldwide
- Book stays at Hilton Resorts at least once per year
- Will make $60,000 in purchases per year
Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Review
Few hotel cards can rival the earning potential of the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card. In addition to an impressive signup bonus, generous reward rates, an anniversary bonus, complimentary room upgrades, complimentary breakfast for every stay, this card offers non-hotel related perks such as reimbursement for airline incidentals, a complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership, as well as free 2-day shipping through ShopRunner.
Although the card has an annual fee on the high end of the scale at $450, this luxury travel card provides both immediate and ongoing value that makes it easy for loyal Hilton customers to recoup the upfront cost.
Introductory Welcome Offer
New cardholders can immediately earn several award nights of hotel stay with the Hilton Honors Aspire Card’s generous welcome offer bonus points. Qualifying for this offer will require spending a few thousand dollars in eligible purchases on the card within the first three months of being a cardmember. The value of Hilton points will vary depending on the property, but on average are worth a little more than half-a-cent each. This brings the total value of the Hilton Honors Aspire welcome offer to approximatly $750.
How to Earn Points
The most bang for your buck will come from Hilton hotel stay and will earn 14X points per dollar on direct Hilton hotel and resort purchases. You can also earn 7X points on flights booked directly with airlines on amextravel.com, car rentals booked directly from select companies, and at U.S. restaurants. All other purchases will earn a very generous 3X points per dollar, giving this card surprisingly well-rounded earning potential that could make it suitable for use as your go-to travel card.zz
How to Redeem Points
The easiest way to redeem Hilton Honors points is through booking free night stays with participating Hilton properties. While Hilton claims that reward nights start as low as 5,000 points, most free nights usually cost between 30,000 and 40,000 points.
The exact rate of points required for booking a free night depends on the category of the hotel, the time of proposed booking (whether off-peak or peak season), the room is booked, and the location of the property. Silver, Gold, and Diamond Elite members also receive a complimentary 5th night free when they book standard rewards stays of five consecutive nights or more.
Other ways to redeem include:
- Shopping: Honors points are redeemable towards merchandise through the dedicated Hilton Honors Shopping Mall, for gift certificates with some of the largest merchants in the world, or shopping with Amazon.
- Share or Pool Points: Hilton also allows members to either share their points with loved ones through gifting or pooling points with friends or family to help reach expensive redemption goals.
Regardless of how much you spend (or don’t), you’ll receive one weekend night’s stay every year, just for being a cardholder. And in case you didn’t already have a reason to use the Hilton Honors Aspire Card as your primary credit card, you can earn an extra free night’s stay after spending $60,000 per calendar year. That’s two free nights at a Hilton Hotel or Resort simply for owning this card.
The Hilton Honors Aspire Card also provides a number of statement credit opportunities and creates even more ways for cardholders to recoup the cost of the card’s annual fee. Enjoy a $250 in statement credits for eligible purchases at participating Hilton Resorts as well a $250 in airline credit to get you there (see terms).
The airline fee credit covers incidental charges such as checked baggage, in-flight purchases, or change fees. If you are staying at a Waldorf Astoria or Conrad hotel, you can get up to $100 in credit to further boost your savings.
What Are the Points Worth?
What are Hilton Honors points worth? According to the most recent valuations, Hilton reward points have n approximate value of:
Hilton Diamond Status
Another enticing benefit is complimentary Diamond status – the highest tier of Hilton Honors membership. This includes a swath of swanky perks like executive lounge access, late check-out, elite status gifting, and more. However, the most notable perk of Diamond status is a 100% bonus on points earned for every dollar spent that continues to expedite the earning of a complimentary hotel stay.
With a base earning of 10X per dollar spent, simply being a Diamond-level member would make $1 worth 20 points. When this is combined with the 14X points from being a Hilton Honors American Express Aspire cardholder, it brings the total value of $1 spent at a Hilton location to a whopping 24 points.For more information on the Hilton Honors hotel loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card?
Overall, the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card is definitely a credit card to be considered if you’re looking for hotel perks. This card makes it incredibly easy to earn free-night stay from everyday purchases – not just travel-related ones – and the very rewarding structure of the Hilton loyalty program.
Additionally, once you are on-site the Hilton Honors Aspire Card continues to significantly enhance your hotel experience through the complimentary Diamond status, which by itself is a fantastic value. While the $450 annual fee may seem high, those who take advantage of the statement credits and the perks of Diamond status will immediately recover those costs.