- 7X Hilton Honors points on Hilton purchases
- 5X Hilton Honors points at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations
- 3X Hilton Honors points on all other eligible purchases
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
With the Hilton Honors Card, you can earn 95,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after making just $1,000 in eligible purchases on the card within your first 3 months of membership. Coupled with that intro bonus is the ability to earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points per dollar spent on direct Hilton hotel and resort purchases, 5X points on eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations, and 3X points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Often rent rooms at Hilton properties when they travel and want to earn 95,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after making just $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months of being a card member
- Want to earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for direct Hilton purchases, 5X points on select travel purchases, and 3X points on all other eligible purchases
- Do not want to pay annual fees or foreign transaction fees with their hotel rewards card
- Want complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status
Hilton Honors Card Review
Having the Hilton Honors Card in your pocket means that you have the chance to earn an introductory bonus of 95,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after making $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months that you have your account open. It also means that you can earn 5X points on everyday eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets, and 3X the points per dollar on all other eligible purchases elsewhere save for direct Hilton hotel and resort purchases, which will earn you 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points per dollar spent.
As a Hilton Honors Cardholder, you also receive complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status and all the travel perks that come with it, as well as the chance to upgrade to Gold status after spending $20,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year. Other benefits of this card include no foreign transaction fees, Return Protection of up to $1,000 in a calendar year on eligible purchases, and select vehicle rental loss and damage insurance.
Hilton Honors cardholders also get the amazing member benefits for which American Express is best known. These benefits include Purchase Protection which covers accidental damage or theft to select purchases (up to 120 days after the occurrence and up to $1,000 per instance; $50,000 per the calendar year cap) and Pay it Plan It®, American Express’ two different options for paying down your balance. Cardholders have the option of splitting up large purchases into smaller, more manageable payments or simply paying off their balance each month.
American Express members also get free 2-day shipping on eligible purchases from an ever-growing online network of over 100 retailers with Shoprunner and exclusive access to ticket presales for the hottest concerts and events in town through Entertainment Access®.
Should You Apply for the Hilton Honors Card?
What then, should you make of the Hilton Honors Card from American Express? When it comes to no annual fee co-branded hotel cards, the Honors card is likely towards the top of the pile. While the card is a “starter” card in name, it’s valued far exceeds its humble position. The huge amount of points available (95,000 points after spending just $1,000 in the first 3 months), the 7X points per dollar spent with Hilton, 5X points on gas, groceries, and restaurants in the U.S., and the value of AMEX rewards points make this a co-branded hotel card to carefully consider – no matter your budget.