Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 5th, 2021
Hilton Honors Card
$100 Statement Credit and 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton portfolio
- 5X Hilton Honors points at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations
- 3X Hilton Honors points on all other eligible purchases
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.74% to 24.74% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- 33% off a monthly subscription - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- 50% off for up to 12 months - Offer Expires on January 03, 2022 - See Details
- Spend $125 or more, get $25 back. Up to 2 times (total of $50). - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $25 or more, get $5 back - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on June 20, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $150 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on April 29, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $50 or more, get $10 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $250 or more, get $50 back - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $75 or more, get $15 back - Offer Expires on May 09, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $25 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
With the Hilton Honors Card, you can earn thousands of Hilton Honors Bonus Points after meeting a manageable spending requirement within your first 3 months of membership. Coupled with that intro bonus is the ability to earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points per dollar spent on direct Hilton hotel and resort purchases, 5X points on eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations, and 3X points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Often rent rooms at Hilton properties when they travel and want to earn a huge welcome bonus in Hilton Honors Points after making eligible purchases within the first three months of being a card member
- Want to earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for direct Hilton purchases, 5X points on select travel purchases, and 3X points on all other eligible purchases
- Do not want to pay annual fees or foreign transaction fees with their hotel rewards card
- Want complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status
Hilton Honors Card Review
Having the Hilton Honors Card in your pocket means that you have the chance to earn an introductory bonus in Hilton Honors Bonus Points after making $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months that you have your account open. It also means that you can earn 5X points on everyday eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets, and 3X the points per dollar on all other eligible purchases elsewhere save for direct Hilton hotel and resort purchases, which will earn you 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points per dollar spent.
Complimentary Silver Status
As a Hilton Honors Cardholder, you also receive complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status and all the travel perks that come with it, as well as the chance to upgrade to Gold status after spending $20,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year. Other benefits of this card include no foreign transaction fees, Return Protection of up to $1,000 in a calendar year on eligible purchases, and select vehicle rental loss and damage insurance.
Hilton Honors cardholders also get the amazing member benefits for which American Express is best known. These benefits include Purchase Protection which covers accidental damage or theft to select purchases (up to 120 days after the occurrence and up to $1,000 per instance; $50,000 per the calendar year cap) and Pay it Plan It®, American Express’ two different options for paying down your balance. Cardholders have the option of splitting up large purchases into smaller, more manageable payments or simply paying off their balance each month.
American Express members also get free 2-day shipping on eligible purchases from an ever-growing online network of over 100 retailers with Shoprunner and exclusive access to ticket presales for the hottest concerts and events in town through Entertainment Access®.
What’s more, for the rest of 2021, Hilton Honors American Express cardmembers can earn up to $55 in dining statement credits – up to $5 per month. This offer appeals to customers’ appetites and allows them to continue earning rewards, especially if they are unable to travel and book with Hilton.
For more information on the Hilton Honors hotel loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Hilton Honors Card?
What then, should you make of the Hilton Honors Card from American Express? When it comes to no annual fee co-branded hotel cards, the Honors card is likely towards the top of the pile. While the card is a “starter” card in name, it’s valued far exceeds its humble position. The huge amount of points available , the 7X points per dollar spent with Hilton, 5X points on gas, groceries, and restaurants in the U.S., and the value of AMEX rewards points make this a co-branded hotel card to carefully consider – no matter your budget.