Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 20th, 2022
Hilton Honors Card
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network American Express
- Earn 100,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, you can earn up to $100 Statement Credits on eligible purchases made on the Card at any of the Hilton family hotels in the first 12 months of Membership
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with hotels and resorts within the Hilton portfolio
- Earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
- No Foreign Transaction Fees. Enjoy international travel without additional fees on purchases made abroad
- Enjoy complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status with your Card. Plus, spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn an upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year
- No Annual Fee
- Terms Apply
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
With the Hilton Honors American Express Card, you can earn thousands of Hilton Honors Bonus Points after meeting a manageable spending requirement within your first three months of membership. Coupled with that impressive welcome offer is the ability to earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points per dollar spent on direct Hilton hotel and resort purchases, 5X points on eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations, and 3X points per dollar on all other eligible purchases.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Often rent rooms at Hilton properties when they travel and want to earn a huge welcome bonus in Hilton Honors Points after making eligible purchases within the first three months of being a card member
- Want to earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for direct Hilton purchases, 5X points on select travel purchases, and 3X points on all other eligible purchases
- Do not want to pay annual fees or foreign transaction fees with their hotel rewards card
- Want complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status
Hilton Honors American Express Card Review
Having the Hilton Honors American Express Card in your pocket means that you have the chance to earn an impressive welcome offer in Hilton Honors Bonus Points after making $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months that you have your account open. It also means that you can earn 5X points on everyday eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets, and 3X the points per dollar on all other eligible purchases elsewhere save for direct Hilton hotel and resort purchases, which will earn you 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points per dollar spent.
Complimentary Silver Status
As a Hilton Honors American Express Cardholder, you also receive complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status and all the travel perks that come with it, as well as the chance to upgrade to Gold status after spending $20,000 on eligible purchases on your card in a calendar year. Other benefits of this card include no foreign transaction fees, Return Protection of up to $1,000 in a calendar year on eligible purchases, and select vehicle rental loss and damage insurance.
Hilton Honors cardholders also get the amazing member benefits for which American Express is best known. These benefits include Purchase Protection which covers accidental damage or theft to select purchases (up to 120 days after the occurrence and up to $1,000 per instance; $50,000 per the calendar year cap) and Pay it Plan It®, American Express’ two different options for paying down your balance. Cardholders have the option of splitting up large purchases into smaller, more manageable payments or simply paying off their balance each month.
American Express members also get free 2-day shipping on eligible purchases from an ever-growing online network of over 100 retailers with Shoprunner and exclusive access to ticket presales for the hottest concerts and events in town through Entertainment Access®.
What’s more, Hilton Honors American Express Cardmembers can earn up to $55 in dining statement credits – up to $5 per month. This offer appeals to customers’ appetites and allows them to continue earning rewards, especially if they are unable to travel and book with Hilton (see terms for details on all credits and fees).
For more information on the Hilton Honors hotel loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Hilton Honors American Express Card?
What then, should you make of the Hilton Honors American Express Card? When it comes to no annual fee co-branded hotel cards, the card is likely towards the top of the pile. While the card is a “starter” card in name, it’s valued far exceeds its humble position. The huge amount of points available , the 7X points per dollar spent with Hilton, 5X points on gas, groceries, and restaurants in the U.S., and the value of Amex rewards points make this a co-branded hotel card to carefully consider – no matter your budget.