Last updated on February 24th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Truist Future Credit Card
Truist Future Credit Card
- 16.24% or 25.24%. variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 16.24% or 25.24%. variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 15 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Truist Future Visa Credit Card offers 15 months of 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers, a competitive APR after that, no foreign transaction fees, and no annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Features the lowest APR of Truist's card offerings
- No annual fee
- Enjoy 15 months of 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Contactless payments and mobile wallets for faster checkout
- Customizable card controls for extra security
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.24% or 25.24%. variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 90 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.24% or 25.24%. variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 27.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You have an existing credit card balance you want to pay down
- You're planning a big-ticket purchase
- You have excellent credit and can access the very best interest rates
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
Truist Future Credit Card Review
The Truist Future Visa is a low rate and 0% intro APR credit card that provides exceptional everyday value. The card, from Truist, offers the ideal platform for balance transfers or financing significant purchases.
A Lengthy Introductory APR
The big headlines with the Truist Future Credit Card are the dual 0% intro APR periods the card provides. New accounts enjoy the card for 15 months of 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers (on transfers made in the first 90 days from account opening). These lengthy periods provide the ideal springboard for paying down existing balance via a transfer or financing a significant, big-ticket purchase.
Of course, the 15-month zero-interest offer with the Future Visa isn’t as lengthy as the 21-month 0% APR offer with the Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card, but that card doesn’t come close to the Truist card when the introductory period ends.
Truist’s Lowest Rate Available
The Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card features a variable APR starting as low as around 14%, and Chase’s Slate Edge features a comparable interest rate.
Truist’s Future Visa Card, on the other hand, features an impressively-low APR starting at around 11%. That rate is significantly lower than the national average for a low rate credit card, making the 15-month intro period even more impressive.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Future Visa Card from Truist include:
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Visa® Zero Liability
- Customizable card controls to provide additional security
- EMV chip technology and contactless payment capabilities
- Mobile wallet compatibility for faster checkout
Should You Apply for the Truist Future Credit Card?
Low rate credit cards are an underappreciated subset of credit – partially because they lack the style that comes with a lucrative rewards card. 0% APR, however, is a reward all its own – and while it might not capture headlines like lounge access or rotating cash back calendars, it can save you serious money on existing debts.
The Truist Future Credit Card Is an excellent example of a low rate balance transfer credit card. The 15-month introductory APR with the card applies to both purchases and balance transfers, with an exceptionally low interest rate on both those categories once the intro period ends. Other low APR, 0% APR, and cards that offer credit line increases include offers from major banks, such as the Chase Slate Edge.
The information related to Citi Simplicity Card and Citi Diamond Preferred Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service