Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on July 20th, 2021
My Best Buy Visa Card
Choose Between 5% Back or Special Financing
- Regular Purchase APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0%-12.99% for select eligible purchases
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Special financing on select Best Buy purchases or 5% back
- 3x points on gas, groceries, and furniture stores
- 2x points on dining purchases
- 1x points on all other purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0%-12.99% for select eligible purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greate
- Cash Advance APR: 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: See Terms
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The My Best Buy Visa Card is a retail credit card that offers unique rewards on qualifying purchases or financing options to cardholders. Cardholders can select between earning 5% back on Best Buy purchases or special financing through the Best Buy Flexible Financing Program. The card also earns 3% back on gas, grocery, and furniture purchases, 2% back when dining out, and 1% back on everything else – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn quality rewards for every purchase at Best Buy
- Are an existing Best Buy Rewards member, as they can earn increased points with every purchase
- Want the option of special financing on qualifying Best Buy purchases
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
My Best Buy Visa Card Review
The My Best Buy Visa Card is a versatile retail card that offers the purchasing power of Visa. The card offers cardholders the option of two distinct bonus features applicable at Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Holders can choose between receiving 5% back in rewards or flexible financing on purchases from $199 and up.
5% Back at Best Buy
The first option cardholders can select from with the My Best Buy Card is 5% back on purchases with Best Buy. This cash back reward really relates to Best Buy Rewards points, with an example of a $500 purchase receiving 1,250 points – worth $25 in reward certificates.
The card offers enhanced rewards from Elite Plus Cardmembers, who earn 6% back on Best Buy purchases. Elite Plus is the highest tier in the Best Buy Rewards program and offers additional perks, such as extended limits for returns and exchanges (45 days vs. 15 days for regular customers), access to exclusive offers, and more.
Special Financing on Best Buy Purchases
The other option cardholders have with the My Best Buy Card is special financing on purchases over $199. Best Buy’s Flexible Financing allows members to pay off select purchases over an extended period. The timeframe for repaying purchases varies depending upon the total cost of the purchase, though there are set rules to which all cardmembers must abide:
- Monthly payment must be made
- The entire promotional purchase balance must be paid in full by the end of the special financing term
- If the entire balance is not paid, the cardholder will incur interest payment sat the regular purchase APR
Black Friday 2019 Credit Card Perks
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are huge in the retail industry, and the My Best Buy Visa Card offers some limited-time bonuses for new cardholders.
For a limited time (through December 2019), cardholders receive additional cash back everywhere Visa is accepted worldwide. Cardholders earn 3% back on gas purchases, as well as purchases at grocery stores and furniture stores. They’ll also 2% back on dining and 1% back on every other purchase made with the My Best Buy Card.
These exclusive benefits allow you to maximize the amount of Best Buy Rewards points you can earn, meaning you can do all your holiday shopping with the card and turn the rewards into a new UHD TV, PlayStation 4, or anything else for yourself!
Everything Else About the Best Buy Card
So, what else is there to know about the My Best Buy Visa Card? For starters, the card has no annual fee and comes with an exclusive low APR for the first 48 months. Cardholders receive a special 11.9% APR on select purchases with Best Buy for the first 48 months, meaning even if you forgo the special financing and opt for the 5% back, you can still pay off the purchase over time with an APR well-below the national average APR of 17%.
Should You Apply for the My Best Buy Visa Card?
When it comes to electronics retail cards, the My Best Buy Visa is a solid choice given the options for reward points or financing on select purchases. The addition of additional cash back anywhere Visa is accepted is a fantastic perk for such a card.
Earning 3% back on gas, groceries, and furniture stores is a great reward that is further enhanced by 2% back on dining and 1% back on every other purchase. And, if you are an Elite Plus member of the Best Buy Rewards program, you’ll earn 6% back on Best Buy purchases.
If you want a no annual fee rewards card to get the most out of your holiday shopping, the Best Buy Visa is an excellent choice for getting those ever-important tech gifts, as well as the dinner and all the fixings.