| Last updated on October 19th, 2023
My Best Buy Visa Card
My Best Buy Visa Card
- 30.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 30.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% to 12.99% for select eligible purchases Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The My Best Buy Visa Card is a retail credit card that offers unique rewards on qualifying purchases or financing options to cardholders. Cardholders can select between earning 5% back on Best Buy purchases or special financing through the Best Buy Flexible Financing Program. The card also earns 3% back on gas, grocery, and furniture purchases, 2% back when dining out, and 1% back on everything else – all for no annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- No annual fee
- Special financing on select Best Buy purchases or 5% back
- 3x points on gas, groceries, and furniture stores
- 2x points on dining purchases
- 1x points on all other purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% to 12.99% for select eligible purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 30.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 30.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greate
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: See Terms
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- You want to earn quality rewards for every purchase at Best Buy
- You're an existing Best Buy Rewards member, as you can earn increased points with every purchase
- You want the option of special financing on qualifying Best Buy purchases
- You do't want to pay an annual fee
My Best Buy Visa Card Review
The My Best Buy Visa Card is a versatile retail card that offers the purchasing power of Visa. The card offers cardholders the option of two distinct bonus features applicable at Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Holders can choose between receiving 5% back in rewards or flexible financing on purchases from $199 and up.
5% Back at Best Buy
The first option cardholders can select from with the My Best Buy Card is 5% back on purchases with Best Buy. This cash back reward really relates to Best Buy Rewards points, with an example of a $500 purchase receiving 1,250 points – worth $25 in reward certificates.
The card offers enhanced rewards from Elite Plus Cardmembers, who earn 6% back on Best Buy purchases. Elite Plus is the highest tier in the Best Buy Rewards program and offers additional perks, such as extended limits for returns and exchanges (45 days vs. 15 days for regular customers), access to exclusive offers, and more.
Special Financing on Best Buy Purchases
The other option cardholders have with the My Best Buy Card is special financing on purchases over $199. Best Buy’s Flexible Financing allows members to pay off select purchases over an extended period. The timeframe for repaying purchases varies depending upon the total cost of the purchase, though there are set rules to which all cardmembers must abide:
- Monthly payment must be made
- The entire promotional purchase balance must be paid in full by the end of the special financing term
- If the entire balance is not paid, the cardholder will incur interest payment sat the regular purchase APR
Everything Else About the Best Buy Card
So, what else is there to know about the My Best Buy Visa Card? For starters, the card has no annual fee and comes with an exclusive low APR for the first 48 months. Cardholders receive a special 11.9% APR on select purchases with Best Buy for the first 48 months, meaning even if you forgo the special financing and opt for the 5% back, you can still pay off the purchase over time with an APR well-below the national average APR of 17%.
Is the Citi Best Buy Card for You?
For the Best Buy loyal technology geek out there, the Best Buy Visa is an excellent retail card to consider – especially with special financing and up to 5% cash back on purchases at the store. Consumers looking for more versatility with their credit card should consider other Citi offerings, however.
Cards like the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer and Citi Custom Cash℠ Card provide a streamlined rewards experience, with ThankYou points from Citi enjoying much greater renderability versus the standard cash back.
Citi Custom Cash℠ Card
Citi® Double Cash Card
|Cash back rewards
|5% on top eligible spend category per billing cycle (up to $500) and 1% on all other purchases
|2% cash back on all purchases (1% when you buy, 1% when you pay your bill)
|Introductory APR offer
|0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months
|0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 18 months
|$200 cash back after spending $750 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening
|Foreign transaction fee
|No annual fee
Should You Apply for the My Best Buy Visa Card?
When it comes to electronics retail cards, the My Best Buy Visa is a solid choice given the options for reward points or financing on select purchases. The addition of additional cash back anywhere Visa is accepted is a fantastic perk for such a card.
Earning 3% back on gas, groceries, and furniture stores is a great reward that is further enhanced by 2% back on dining and 1% back on every other purchase. And, if you are an Elite Plus member of the Best Buy Rewards program, you’ll earn 6% back on Best Buy purchases.
If you want a no annual fee rewards card to get the most out of your holiday shopping, the Best Buy Visa is an excellent choice for getting those ever-important tech gifts, as well as the dinner and all the fixings. For those unsure if they want a card tied to a brand, consider the Chase Freedom Flex or Chase Freedom Unlimited cards.
The information related to My Best Buy Visa Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.
Browse Other Citi Credit Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.