Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Citi Prestige® Card
Earn 50,000 Bonus ThankYou® Points ($500 Value)
- Regular Purchase APR 16.99% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.99% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $495, $75 for each authorized user
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 within 3 months of account opening, redeemable for $500 in travel, anytime, with no blackout dates when booked through the ThankYou Travel Center
- Earn 5X points per $1 spent on air travel and restaurants
- Earn 3X points per $1 spent on hotels and cruise lines
- Earn 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Enjoy a complimentary 4th night hotel stay and $250 annual travel credit
- Transfer your points to partner airline loyalty programs
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.99% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.99% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $495, $75 for each authorized user
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte – Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 – See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style – Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 – See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs – Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 – See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate’s life with Miami Children’s Museum – Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
A high-end rewards credit card with a high annual fee to match, the Citi Prestige® Card earns big on popular shopping categories and treats customers to welcome complimentary perks.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently book flights and dine out at restaurants
- Book hotel stays or cruise trips more than occasionally
- Spend money on travel incidentals such as room service or baggage fees
- Are in need of a travel rewards credit card that can be used worldwide
- Can justify a $495 annual fee
Citi Prestige® Card Review
The best word to describe the Citi Prestige® Card is right in its name. You’d certainly feel prestigious when you pull out this sleek metal card out of your wallet, and even more so when you know that you can earn up to 5X Citi ThankYou® Points per $1. The 5X points per dollar rate applies to purchases in air travel and restaurants, so if you’re frequently flying and indulging your foodie cravings, you’ll quickly amass rewards points. You can also earn 3X points/$1 when you make purchases in the hotels and cruise lines categories. Lastly, all other forms of shopping will earn you 1X point per $1.
Impressive Signup Bonus
When you first open an account for the Citi Prestige®, you’re offered a signup bonus of 50,000 ThankYou® Points if you spend at least $4,000 within your first three months as a cardholder. Whether you use this as your daily card or reserve it for splurge buying, it’s feasible to reach that magic number within the allotted time span. What’s more, those 50,000 points are equal to $500 that you can redeem on gift cards, vacation booking, as a statement credit, or even as a charitable donation.
It’s easy to see how the Citi Prestige® Card caters to travel-happy individuals. In addition to the ThankYou® Points rewards program, cardholders can take advantage of an annual $250 travel credit. Eligible incidentals for this credit include airline luggage fees, room service, and public transportation. For those planning on booking a hotel stay of at least 4 consecutive nights, Citi offers the 4th night free on a hotel of your choice – a significant perk that can be used more than once per year.
Other included benefits for this card are the ability to transfer your ThankYou® Points to partner airline frequent flyer programs and complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership so you can enjoy a VIP lounge experience before your flight. As it’s designed to be used worldwide, the card doesn’t charge any foreign transaction fees. Its emphasis on rewards and perks, however, means that the Prestige® imposes an intimidating $495 annual fee.
Unless you’re prepared to exhaust all possible benefits the card offers, having an account open won’t be worth the yearly charge. Anyone living the cosmopolitan lifestyle, however, will be well-equipped with the Citi Prestige® Card.
Chase Sapphire Reserve, Platinum Card from American Express, and Citi Prestige Card: Head-to-Head:
Citi PrestigeWorld Elite Mastercard
- 5X points on airfare and dining
- 3X points on hotels and cruises
- $250 travel credit
- Fourth Night Hotel Stay through ThankYou.com
- Priority Pass Select
Sapphire ReserveVisa Infinite
- 3X points on groceries & global dining
- 3X points on travel
- $300 travel credit
- Priority Pass Select
- Peloton, Lyft, and DoorDash statement credits
The Platinum CardAmerican Express
- 5X points on flights booked directly with airlines
- 5X points on prepaid hotels through Amex
- $200 airline and Uber credits
- Gold status in Marriott and Hilton loyalty programs
- American Express Global Lounge Collection
Should You Apply for the Citi Prestige® Card?
The Citi Prestige is an all-around excellent credit card. Citi ThankYou points are precious commodities, and the Prestige offers them in droves, including 5X on air travel and dining, 3X on cruises and hotels, and 1X on everything else. Prestige cardholders also get 25% more value from their points when redeeming for flights with the ThankYou travel center. The Citi Prestige card design isn’t too shabby, either.
The Prestige also offers a great deal of luxury for its $495 annual fee. These perks include a $250 travel credit each year, TSA Precheck/Global Entry application fee credits, complimentary fourth-night free hotel stays when booking four or more rewards nights through Citi’s portal, and yes, Priority Pass Select.