Citi Prestige® Card
Earn 50,000 Bonus ThankYou® Points ($500 Value)
- Regular Purchase APR 16.99% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.99% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $495, $75 for each authorized user
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 within 3 months of account opening, redeemable for $500 in travel, anytime, with no blackout dates when booked through the ThankYou Travel Center
- Earn 5X points per $1 spent on air travel and restaurants
- Earn 3X points per $1 spent on hotels and cruise lines
- Earn 1X point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Enjoy a complimentary 4th night hotel stay and $250 annual travel credit
- Transfer your points to partner airline loyalty programs
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.99% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.99% to 23.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee: $495, $75 for each authorized user
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
A high-end rewards credit card with a high annual fee to match, the Citi Prestige® Card earns big on popular shopping categories and treats customers to welcome complimentary perks.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently book flights and dine out at restaurants
- Book hotel stays or cruise trips more than occasionally
- Spend money on travel incidentals such as room service or baggage fees
- Are in need of a travel rewards credit card that can be used worldwide
- Can justify a $495 annual fee
Citi Prestige® Card Review
The best word to describe the Citi Prestige® Card is right in its name. You’d certainly feel prestigious when you pull out this sleek metal card out of your wallet, and even more so when you know that you can earn up to 5 Citi ThankYou® Points per $1. The 5 points per dollar rate applies to purchases in air travel and restaurants, so if you’re frequently flying and indulging your foodie cravings, you’ll quickly amass rewards points. You can also earn 3 points/$1 when you make purchases in the hotels and cruise lines categories. Lastly, all other forms of shopping will earn you 1 point per $1.
Impressive Signup Bonus
When you first open an account for the Citi Prestige®, you’re offered a signup bonus of 50,000 ThankYou® Points if you spend at least $4,000 within your first three months as a cardholder. Whether you use this as your daily card or reserve it for splurge buying, it’s feasible to reach that magic number within the allotted time span. What’s more, those 50,000 points are equal to $500 that you can redeem on gift cards, vacation booking, as a statement credit, or even as a charitable donation.
It’s easy to see how the Citi Prestige® Card caters to travel-happy individuals. In addition to the ThankYou® Points rewards program, cardholders can take advantage of an annual $250 travel credit. Eligible incidentals for this credit include airline luggage fees, room service, and public transportation. For those planning on booking a hotel stay of at least 4 consecutive nights, Citi offers the 4th night free on a hotel of your choice – a significant perk that can be used more than once per year.
Other included benefits for this card are the ability to transfer your ThankYou® Points to partner airline frequent flyer programs and complimentary Priority Pass™ Select membership so you can enjoy a VIP lounge experience before your flight. As it’s designed to be used worldwide, the card doesn’t charge any foreign transaction fees. Its emphasis on rewards and perks, however, means that the Prestige® imposes an intimidating $495 annual fee. Unless you’re prepared to exhaust all possible benefits the card offers, having an account open won’t be worth the yearly charge. Anyone living the cosmopolitan lifestyle, however, will be well-equipped with the Citi Prestige® Card.
Should You Apply for the Citi Prestige® Card?
The Citi Prestige is an all-around excellent credit card. Citi ThankYou points are precious commodities, and the Prestige offers them in droves, including 5X on air travel and dining, 3X on cruises and hotels, and 1X on everything else. Prestige cardholders also get 25% more value from their points when redeeming for flights with the ThankYou travel center.
The Prestige also offers a great deal of luxury for its $495 annual fee. These perks include a $250 travel credit each year, TSA Precheck/ Global Entry application fee credits, complimentary fourth-night free hotel stays when booking four or more rewards nights through Citi’s portal, and yes, Priority Pass Select.