| Last updated on September 25th, 2023
Fifth Third 1% Cash/Back Card
Fifth Third 1% Cash/Back Card
- 16.24% to 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 16.24% to 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
- 0% for 21 months from account opening date Intro Purchase APR
At a Glance
The Fifth Third 1% Cash/Back Card earns an unlimited amount of cash on every purchase with 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for a whopping 21 months - all for no annual fee.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn an unlimited 1% back on all purchases
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Redeem rewards for statement credits, deposits, or a check
- Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 21 months
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 21 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.24% to 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 21 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.24% to 27.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You live in an area covered by Fifth Third Bank
- You don't want to pay an annual fee or hidden fees
- You have an existing loan balance you want to pay off
Fifth Third 1% Cash/Back Card Review
The Fifth Third 1% Cash/Back Card is a basic cash back rewards card with a lengthy introductory APR period. The card provides one of the longest 0% intro APR periods available today and a flat rate of cash back to sweeten the deal – all with no annual fee.
A Lengthy Intro APR
New accounts with the Fifth Third 1% Cash/Back Card get 0% intro APR for 21 months on purchases and balance transfers after account opening. That intro period is equal to the Citi Diamond Preferred Card (although that card doesn’t earn any rewards, whereas the Fifth Third card does). While cash back rewards take the main billing with this card, the 0% intro APR will drive the applications.
Once the introductory APR period ends, you can anticipate a variable APR that is extremely competitive – and lower than the national average for a rewards credit card. This great rate makes the Cash/Back Card an everyday credit card that can easily be your go-to for all purchases.
Earn Basic Cash Back On Every Purchase
As mentioned, the card also earns basic cash back, with the rewards rate in the name. Cardholders earn an unlimited 1% cash back on all eligible purchases, which isn’t much – but on a card with such a long introductory rate of 1% back is robust,
A great feature of Fifth Third credit cards is that rewards never expire. Even better, there are no caps on the rewards you can earn. There are a few ways to redeem: You can redeem to your Fifth Third Checking or Savings account, as a statement credit issued to your credit card account, or have a physical check sent to your home.
Cash Back Comparison
So how does the Fifth Third 1% Cash/Back Mastercard compare with other similarly-positioned cash back credit cards? Here is how the card breaks down with two similar cards:
Fifth Third 1% Cash/Back Card
Fifth Third 1.67% Cash/Back Card
Chase Freedom Unlimited
|Rewards||1% back||1.67% back||1.5% back*|
|Intro APR||21 months (purchases & transfers)||N/A||15 months (purchases & transfers)|
|* plus 5% back on Chase Travel and 3% back on drugstores and dining|
Other Card Features
Beyond the unlimited cash back and no annual fee, what else does the Fifth Third Cash/Back offer? The card provides fast, safe, touch-free payments thanks to EMV chip and contactless payment technology. This feature provides an additional layer of security when shopping in-store or online. Simply tap your credit card wherever you see the Contactless Pay logo worldwide.
Cardholders also enjoy no foreign transaction fees when using their card abroad. And that international use is even easier with mobile wallet compatibility with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay.
Finally, cardholders enjoy Mastercard benefits and protections. Mastercard provides an enhanced level of benefits, including:
|Zero Liability Protection||Airport Concierge||Cell Phone Protection|
|Mastercard Global Services||Priceless Experiences||Lyft Credits|
|ID Theft Protection||Priceless Golf||DoorDash Offers|
|Mastercard Travel Services||ShopRunner Membership||Hello Fresh Savings|
|Mastercard Hotel Stay Guarantee||Fandango Savings|
Fifth Third Ratings
How is Fifth Third as a credit card issuer and bank? Here is a selection of reviews for the bank:
Should You Apply for the Fifth Third 1% Cash/Back Card?
The Fifth Third 1% Cash/Back Card provides basic rewards but its real party piece is the huge 21-month intro APR offer on both purchases and balance transfers. That intro period is exceptional and the ideal platform for repaying significant credit card balances over time. The typical rate is very competitive when that one-and-three-quarter year of 0% interest ends.
Ultimately, the card is a great option if you live near a Fifth third branch, already use the bank’s services, or are just in the market for a debt consolidation tool that can help you pay down existing credit card debt fast – while still earning basic cash back rewards.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.