Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
- Earn 40,000 bonus Asia Miles when you spend $2,000 in the first 90 days
- Earn 2 Asia Miles per $1 spent on eligible Cathay Pacific travel and in-flight purchases.
- Earn 1.5 Asia Miles per $1 spent on dining in the US or abroad
- Earn 1.5 Asia Miles per $1 spent on purchases outside of the US
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% or 18.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate.
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $38
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ – Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 – See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry – Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 – See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels – Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 – See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite – Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 – See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The Cathay Pacific Visa Signature Credit Card is a solid airline rewards card for the frequent traveler to Asia. The card benefits from a good miles-earning rate (double miles for purchases with Cathay, 1.5 miles when dining out or using the card internationally, and single miles everywhere else), as well as no foreign transaction fees, and Elite membership status for one year – good for lounge access worldwide.
New members with the Cathay Pacific Visa Signature Credit Card can also earn up to 50,000 bonus miles when they make qualifying purchases within the first 6 months – miles which are applicable for flight rewards with Cathay or other Oneworld alliance partners, for hotel stays, rental card bookings, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently fly with Cathay Pacific or another Oneworld airline
- Like the idea of earning 1.5 miles when using your credit card abroad
- Want complimentary lounge access for a year
The Cathay Pacific Visa Signature Card Review
The Cathay Pacific Visa Signature Credit Card is a very good airline rewards credit card for that plan to really use their card for travel. The card earns 2 miles for every dollar spent with Cathay Pacific or for in-flight purchases, 1.5 miles for every international purchase or when dining out and using the card, and 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
New cardholders can also expect up to 50,000 Asia Miles (Cathay’s frequent flyer program) when they make qualifying purchases within the first 6 months of membership: 30,000 bonus Asia Miles when they use their Cathay Pacific Visa Signature® Credit Card for at least $2,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening their account, and another 20,000 when they use their card and spend at least $6,000 in the first 6 months.
Asia Miles earned with the Cathay Pacific Visa Signature Credit Card are redeemable for flights with Cathay Pacific or Cathay Dragon, as well for travel with other Oneworld airline alliance partners. Miles are also applicable towards bookings with hotels and rental car companies, as well as for merchandise from select retailers, or as gift cards.
Cathay Pacific Visa Signature Credit Cardholders receive Cathay Pacific Elite status – good for one free year of Marco Polo Green membership. Marco Polo Club Green status allows complimentary access to Cathay’s impressive airport lounges, as well as the lounges of other Oneworld partners – a great and enticing bonus.
This enticement is made even greater when paired with the fact that reward miles can be applied towards Oneworld partner airlines too – providing access to over 1,000 global destinations. The card also benefits the world traveler by offering 1.5 Asia Miles for every dollar spent abroad – something you normally don’t see in an airline rewards card.
For more information on the Oneworld Alliance, check out:
Should You Apply for the Cathay Pacific Visa Signature Card?
The Cathay Pacific Visa Signature Card is a quality airline rewards card for those who plan to regularly use their card to book flights with Cathay Pacific. While the ability to earn 2x miles on flights, and1.5x on dining is great, the card is hindered by its $95 annual fee. While lounge access for a year more than makes up for this in the first year, after that the $95 annual fee simply doesn’t provide cardmembers with the sort of perks that they can find in other airline rewards cards with the same fees. If you frequently travel with Cathay or another Oneworld partner, this may be the card for you. For everyone else, there may be better value elsewhere.