China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Blue Card
2,500 Bonus Miles After Your First Purchase
- No annual fee
- Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent with China Airlines
- Earn 1 mile for every $2 spent on all other purchases
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for the first 6 billing cycles
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 19.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Blue Card is a co-branded airline rewards card from First Bankcard and China Airlines. The card is geared towards those who prefer to fly with China Airlines and also want to earn miles for their everyday purchases. The card earns 1 mile for every dollar spent on purchases through China Airlines and ½ a mile for every other dollar spent on the card. New account holders also benefit from 2,500 bonus miles after first using their card, as well as 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 6 months. The card also boasts no foreign transaction fees and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer to fly with China Airlines
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Blue Card Review
The China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Blue Card is an airline reward credit card First Bankcard. The card is co-branded with China Airlines is designed with those who either frequently travel to Asia – and particularly China – or those who prefer to fly with China Airlines.
The China Airlines Blue Card earns a single mile for every dollar spent on China Airlines ticket purchases and 1 mile for every other $2 spent on purchases with the card (this equates to half-a-mile per dollar spent). New members can also take advantage of an additional bonus of 2,500 miles when they make their first purchase with the card within the initial 3 billing cycles.
Miles earned through the China Airlines World Blue Card are redeemable for flights with China Airlines, lounge access or seat upgrades, or for gaining tiers in the airline’s Dynasty frequent flyer program. Miles may also be used for booking flights with other SkyTeam Alliance partner airlines, including Delta,
The card has a reasonably competitive APR for both purchases and balance transfers, with the bonus of 0% APR for balance transfers for the first 6 months after opening an account. The typical APR will vary depending on both creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. It is a higher rate than is present with the China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card, but minus the annual fee.
Should You Apply for the China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Blue Card?
The China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Blue Card is a decent rewards card but isn’t the best value out there. China Airlines is a member of the SkyTeam Alliance, meaning not only can rewards be spent with airlines such as Delta (and their SkyMiles program), Air France, KLM, and others, but they can also be earned through these partners as well. For that reason, it may be more advantageous to choose a card with a different carrier that offers better perks – for the serious China Airlines fan, however, the China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Blue Card is a decent choice.