Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 17th, 2021
Best Western Rewards Mastercard
Best Western Rewards Mastercard
Earn Up to 40,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 23.99% or 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 23.99% or 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn up to 3 free nights and get automatic Gold Elite status when you open your account
- Earn up to 40,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in your first 3 billing cycles, and an additional 20,000 bonus points when you spend $5,000 every 12 billing cycles
- Earn 13 points per $1 spent on Best Western stays; earn 2 points per $1 spent everywhere else
- 10% discount when cardholders select the Best Western Rewards Rate at bwrcarddiscount.com
- Regular Purchase APR: 23.99% or 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 23.99% or 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 28.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: EIther $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Best Western Rewards® Mastercard® from First Bankcard is the perfect credit card offer for folks who love staying at Best Western properties while they travel; earn up to 2 free nights – and get automatic Gold Elite status – just for signing up, and enjoy a 10% discount with Best Western exclusively available to cardholders. You’ll earn a total of 16 points per $1 spent with Best Western, and 2 points per $1 everywhere else, which means that the more you stay with Best Western, the more free nights you can redeem points for!
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want a card with no annual fee
- Will spend money with Best Western to take advantage of 13x points per $1 spent
- Want a card with no foreign transaction fees
- Would like automatic Gold Elite status and a 10% discount
Best Western Rewards® Mastercard® Review
Spending money with the Best Western Rewards Mastercard can be very rewarding – especially if you use your card when purchasing a stay directly from a Best Western hotel! Cardholders will earn 16 points for every $1 spent on Best Western stays: 10 points as a Best Western Rewards® member, and 3 points for using your Best Western Rewards® Mastercard®) – and that’s not all. Cardholders can earn 2 points per $1 spent everywhere else, and perhaps best of all, the introductory bonus can net you 16,000 bonus points after your first purchase with your new card as well as 16,000 bonus points when you book your first stay with Best Western using your card. This adds up to 32,000 bonus points – up to two free nights – just for applying for and using this co-branded Mastercard® credit card. (The average free night stay at Best Western costs 16,000 points; free night stays range from 8,000 to 36,000 points per night.)
Best Western Gold Elite Status
In addition to free nights, there are quite a few perks that cardholders can explore with their Best Western Rewards Mastercard. Account approval and card activation will automatically qualify you for Gold Elite status , which entitles you to a 10% point bonus with Best Western, along with a welcome gift at check-in, a free room upgrade where available, and a dedicated toll-free phone concierge. Cardholders will also receive a 10% discount when selecting the Best Western Rewards Rate.
You can also access your Best Western Rewards Mastercard account and check your balance quickly and easily by using First BankCard’s mobile and online portals. You’ll get a free FICO® Score, too – and the peace of mind that comes with knowing that with Mastercard’s Zero Liability guarantee, you won’t be held responsible for fraudulent charges made with your card or account information. Save money, too – this card offer has no foreign transaction fee and no annual fee associated with it, so you’ll be able to put that money towards a stay with Best Western and earn more points!
For more information on the Best Western Rewards loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the Best Western Rewards Mastercard?
Overall, the Best Western Rewards Mastercard is a decent hotel rewards card for those with an affinity for the Best Western Brand. Best Western is a great hotel that offers excellent value for money – something this card does in droves. The rewards on offer aren’t the highest, but they are good for up to two free nights with an initial purchase and subsequent Best Western stay. Complimentary Gold Elite status provides a host of perks that can go a long way to help make stays with Best Western even better. No annual fee is what really makes this card work, however, as it earns great points, but without any yearly costs.