| Last updated on September 11th, 2023
ANA Card USA Visa® Credit Card
ANA Card USA Visa® Credit Card
- 23.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 23.24% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.74% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The ANA CARD U.S.A. VISA® Credit Card is a business airline rewards card targeted to frequent All Nippon Airways travelers, as well as those relocating to the United States and looking for a card that offers rewards back home. The card provides 5,000 ANA Mileage Club bonus miles after first use, and 1 mile for every dollar spent after that.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent
- Access to ANA Group discounts and benefits
- Perfect for those relocating to the U.S. and looking to build credit
- Receive 5,000 bonus miles after first purchase
- Regular Purchase APR: 23.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 23.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $70
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- You own or operate a Japanese company who has relocated to the U.S. and want to build credit
- You want access to ANA rewards and benefits in the U.S.
- You want to earn 5,000 bonus miles after your first purchase
ANA CARD U.S.A. VISA® Credit Card Review
Airline rewards cards are usually targeted towards a wide selection of potential applicants, but not so with the ANA CARD U.S.A. Visa® Credit Card from First Bankcard. The ANA CARD Visa is an airline card specifically targeted towards those who regularly fly with All Nippon Airways – the flag carrier of Japan – who have a residence in the United States.
Fortunately, FNBO extends the reach of the card, adding acceptance for foreign nationals without a U.S. credit history. FNBO verifies other key metrics when applying for the card, including:
- Time with current employer
- Income in the home country
- S. income
Please note, that you may be asked to submit additional documents should First Bankcard need more information to process your application.
The ANA Card offers a modest bonus of 5,000 miles after the first purchase with the card anywhere Visa is accepted worldwide. This bonus isn’t much, but it is something.
How to Earn & Redeem Miles
The ANA CARD U.S.A. Visa offers cardholders access to ANA discounts and benefits, which are normally reserved for those living in, or frequently traveling to, Japan. Members earn 1X miles for every dollar spent, with no limit on the number of miles accumulated.
The miles earned only apply to ANA Mileage Club, meaning that unless you are a frequent All Nippon Airways flyer, this card might not be for you if you are, however, the ANA CARD U.S.A. Visa® Credit Card makes it easier to achieve ANA Bronze member status – allowing for seat upgrades, priority check-in, and additional baggage allowances.
ANA and Visa Perks
The ANA Visa comes with a few nice perks that provide additional savings. Cardholders also receive 10% off on ANA in-flight purchases when they use their card, 5% off when shopping at ANA partner airport shops, and discounts on ANA partner hotels. Those discounts apply to IHG co-branded hotels with ANA and ANA Hotels in Japan.
In addition to the benefits of ANA frequent flyers, the ANA CARD U.S.A. Visa® Credit Card offers the typical benefits Visa cardholders can expect. These include purchase protections, comprehensive fraud and liability coverage, and a 24/7 concierge service for members.
International Airline Credit Card Comparison
Here’s how the JAL USA Mastercard compares with other airline cards aimed at the Japanese market:
JAL USA Card
ANA Card USA
|Annual fee||$0 for the first year, $20 after that||$70|
|Rewards||1X (Basic), 2X (Premium)||1X|
|Welcome offer||Up to 15,000 miles||5,000 miles|
|Perks||10% sector bonus miles for every flight JAL||25% flight bonus miles on every ANA flight|
How does First National Bank of Omaha (FNBO or First Bankcard) stack up as a lender and credit card issuer? Here is a selection of ratings for the bank:
Should You Apply for the ANA CARD U.S.A. Visa® Credit Card?
Overall, the ANA CARD U.S.A. Visa® Credit Card is an okay airline rewards card for those that frequent All Nippon Airways, or those moving to the United States and are looking to build their US credit score. For everyone else, however, the $70 annual fee and the lackluster rewards and miles earning potential of the card mean that there are better options available elsewhere.
Browse Other Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.