Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
SKYPASS Visa Signature® Card
Earn 30,000 Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn 30,000 miles after $3,000 spend in the first 90 days
- Get double miles on Korean Air tickets, Gas Station and Hotel purchases
- Receive $50 off coupon for Korean Air tickets each year, KAL Lounge Coupons, and many more benefits
- Get Travel & Emergency Assistance Services and $1,000,000 in Travel Accident Insurance
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ – Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 – See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 – Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 – See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry – Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 – See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels – Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 – See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite – Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 – See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The SKYPASS Visa Signature Card from U.S. Bank provides frequent Korean Air travelers with smooth skies and accelerated miles earning over the SkyBlue SKYPASS Card. The rewards card is one of several decent credit card offers from U.S. Bank, one of the top credit card issuers. The card earns two miles for every dollar spent on Korean Air ticket purchases and everyday travel expenses, and a single mile for every other dollar spent on purchases with the card.
Cardholders also receive 20,000 bonus miles when they use their card to make just $3,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of opening an account. Plus, they’ll get a host of Korean Air perks – all for a $95 annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently fly using Korean Air or SkyTeam partners
- Plan to use their card to book hotels or purchase gas
- Want Auto Rental Insurance for no extra cost
SKYPASS Visa Signature Card Review
The SKYPASS Visa Signature Card, a co-branded airline card from Korean Air and U.S. Bank, offers considerable value for money for the frequent Pacific traveler. The card earns double miles (two miles per dollar spent) on ticket purchases with Korean Air, and double points on other travel costs. The travel categories which earn two points per dollar spent with the card include gas station purchases and bookings made with hotels – including SkyTeam partners Marriott Bonvoy, Radisson, and more. Every other dollar spent on purchases earns a single mile.
Korean Air is a proud member of the SkyTeam Alliance, which includes major names in the airline industry, including Delta, KLM, Air France, Aeromexico, China Eastern, and more. One of the great features of this card is the ability to earn bonus miles when booking through SkyTeam carriers – with a reach of over 1,000 destinations worldwide.
Not only that, but SKYPASS miles are applicable towards free flights not only with Korean Air but also with SkyTeam partners. The ability to sue miles for flights anywhere in the world makes this card an excellent option – especially given the 30,000 bonus miles after meeting a $3,000 spending minimum in the first three months. Miles also apply towards service upgrades on Korean flights, KAL lounge access, baggage allowances, and more.
The mile-earning potential of the card isn’t the only perk of the SKYPASS Visa Signature, however. Cardholders also receive exclusive Korean Air benefits and perks, including two free KAL Lounge coupons each year of membership and $50 off their first Korean Air ticket purchase each year.
Cardholders also receive the usual Visa Signature perks, products, and services they’ve come to expect, including baggage insurance for lost or stolen luggage, travel accident insurance, trip cancellation, and disruption insurance, fraud protection, and more.
For more information on the SkyTeam, check out:
Should You Apply for the SKYPASS Visa Signature? Card?
So, is the U.S. Bank SKYPASS Visa Signature Card right for you? Well, that depends. While the initial rewards and bonus offer from the card aren’t exceptional, they are very competitive with similarly positioned rewards credit cards.
For those who frequently travel to South Korea or with Korean Air, however, the ability to earn double miles by flying Korean Air means they can quickly earn impressive rewards which can be applied to flights, seat upgrades, or a host of other great perks with SkyTeam partners.
For everyone else, however, the high $95 annual fee, plus the lack of bonus miles at renewal, may turn off many and which are impossible to overcome, meaning there might be better offers elsewhere.