Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on November 17th, 2021
SKYPASS Select Visa Signature® Card
Earn 30,000 Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $450
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn double miles on airfare, hotel and car rentals, up to $200 in annual credits, $100 off coupon for Korean Air tickets each year, and other premium benefits
- 30,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 within first 90 day
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $450
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
At a Glance
The SKYPASS Select Visa Signature Card from U.S. Bank is an airline rewards credit card that struggles to match its hefty price tag. For an annual fee of $450, cardholders earn two miles for every dollar spent on Korean Air purchases, two miles per dollar on gas station, car rental, and hotel purchases, and a single mile for every other dollar. New accounts also receive 30,000 miles after meeting a minimum spending requirement in the first 90 days, 10,000 miles each anniversary after spending $35,000, and a selection of travel perks, including TSA Precheck credits. $200 in travel statement credits, two lounge access certificates, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently fly using Korean Air or SkyTeam partners
- Want a card that earns double points at gas stations, hotels, and car rental agencies
- Plan to use the card for at least $35,000 in purchases each year
SKYPASS Select Visa Signature Card Review
The SKYPASS Select Visa Signature Card, a co-branded airline card from Korean Air and U.S. Bank, provides value (but not enough) for money for the frequent traveler. The card earns double miles (two miles per dollar spent) on ticket purchases with Korean Air, and double points on three other travel categories. These travel costs include gas station purchases, rental car bookings, and bookings made with hotels – including SkyTeam partners Marriott Bonvoy, Radisson, and more. Every other dollar spent on purchases with the card earns a single mile.
Korean Air is a proud member of the SkyTeam Alliance, which includes major names in the airline industry, including Delta, KLM, Air France, Aeromexico, China Eastern, and more. One of the nice features of the card is the opportunity to earn bonus miles when booking through SkyTeam carriers – with a global reach to over 1,000 destinations.
SKYPASS Select Perks
For a credit card with a $450 annual fee to be worth it, it needs to offer much more than just double miles on select purchases. Fortunately, the SKYPASS Select Card does this. Cardholders receive up to $200 in travel statement credits each year, including a TSA Precheck or Global Entry application fee credit. Cardholders also receive reimbursement for any trip interruptions, delays, or cancellations that might occur.
The SKYPASS Select also comes with Korean Air specific benefits. These perks include two complimentary KAL Lounge coupons each year, two $25 in-flight Duty-Free coupons each year, and a yearly $100 off coupon for a Korean Air ticket purchase.
Beyond the Korean Air specific benefits, the card also comes with the usual Visa Signature benefits, which include 24/7 access to Visa Concierge (providing travel and entertainment assistance), Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, $1,000.000 in travel accident insurance, and Visa’s comprehensive fraud and liability protections.
Should You Apply for the SKYPASS Select Visa Signature Card?
The SKYPASS Select Visa Signature Card from U.S. Bank and Korean Air has a lot to live up to, given its hefty $450 annual fee. For this fee, the card provides some quality perks – especially the free lounge passes each year of membership and the TSA Precheck credits. Unfortunately, however, other airline reward cards offer similar perks for a much lower annual fee – often around $95. For those who frequently travel by Korean Air or looking to achieve and maintain their Morning Calm Club status, the SKYPASS Select Visa Signature Card is a card that offers excellent value and impressive perks – for everyone else, however, look elsewhere.