China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card
Earn 7,500 Bonus Miles
- 2 miles per $1 spent on China Airlines purchases
- 1 mile per $1 spent everywhere else[
- Earn 7,500 bonus miles after the first purchase
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $59
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
At a Glance
The China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card is a co-branded airline reward card from First Bankcard and China Airlines. The card is especially targeted towards those who frequently fly with China Airlines and want to earn solid miles for their everyday purchases. The card earns double miles with purchases through China Airlines and single miles for everything else. New account holders also benefit from 7,500 bonus miles after first using their card, as well as 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 6 months. The card has no foreign transaction fees and an annual fee of $59.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer to fly with China Airlines
- Fly frequently enough to justify the $59 annual fee
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card Review
The China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card is an airline reward credit card from First National Bank of Omaha (also known as the First Bankcard). The card is co-branded with China Airlines is designed with those who frequently travel to Asia – and particularly China – for either work or pleasure.
How to Earn Rewards
The China Airlines Gold Card earns 2 miles for every dollar spent on China Airlines ticket purchases and 1 mile for every other dollar spent on purchases with the card. New members can also take advantage of an additional bonus of 7,500 miles when they make their first purchase within the first 3 billing cycles.
How to Redeem Miles
Miles earned through the China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card are redeemable for flights with China Airlines, lounge access or seat upgrades, or for gaining tiers in the airline’s Dynasty frequent flyer program. Miles may also be used for booking flights with other SkyTeam Alliance partner airlines, including Delta,
The card has a fairly competitive APR for both purchases and balance transfers, with the added bonus of 0% APR for balance transfers for the first 6 months after opening an account. The typical APR will vary depending on both creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. The card also features no penalty APR or foreign transaction fees, with the annual fee costing $59.
Should You Apply for the China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card?
The China Airlines Gold Card is a satisfactory rewards card from First Bankcard and China Airlines, but the $59 fee holds it back. Sure, account holders get triple the introductory bonus when compared to the China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Blue Card – as well as improved miles-earning potential – but is it really worth the additional outlay of $59 per year? For the serious China Airlines traveler, the answer may be yes; for everyone else, however, the Blue version may be the better deal.