Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card
Earn 7,500 Bonus Miles
- 2 miles per $1 spent on China Airlines purchases
- 1 mile per $1 spent everywhere else[
- Earn 7,500 bonus miles after the first purchase
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $15 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $59
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $35
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte - Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 - See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style - Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 - See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs - Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 - See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate's life with Miami Children's Museum - Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card is a co-branded airline rewards card from First Bankcard and China Airlines. The card is especially targeted towards those who frequently fly with China Airlines and want to earn solid miles for their everyday purchases. The card earns double miles with purchases through China Airlines and single miles for everything else. New account holders also benefit from 7,500 bonus miles after first using their card, as well as 0% introductory APR on balance transfers for 6 months. The card has no foreign transaction fees and an annual fee of $59.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Prefer to fly with China Airlines
- Fly frequently enough to justify the $59 annual fee
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card Review
The China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card is an airline reward credit card from First National Bank of Omaha (also known as the First Bankcard). The card is co-branded with China Airlines is designed with those who frequently travel to Asia – and particularly China – for either work or pleasure.
How to Earn Rewards
The China Airlines Gold Card earns 2 miles for every dollar spent on China Airlines ticket purchases and 1 mile for every other dollar spent on purchases with the card. New members can also take advantage of an additional bonus of 7,500 miles when they make their first purchase within the first 3 billing cycles.
How to Redeem Miles
Miles earned through the China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card are redeemable for flights with China Airlines, lounge access or seat upgrades, or for gaining tiers in the airline’s Dynasty frequent flyer program. Miles may also be used for booking flights with other SkyTeam Alliance partner airlines, including Delta,
The card has a fairly competitive APR for both purchases and balance transfers, with the added bonus of 0% APR for balance transfers for the first 6 months after opening an account. The typical APR will vary depending on both creditworthiness and the Prime Rate. The card also features no penalty APR or foreign transaction fees, with the annual fee costing $59.
For more information on the SkyTeam, check out:
Should You Apply for the China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Gold Card?
The China Airlines Gold Card is a satisfactory rewards card from First Bankcard and China Airlines, but the $59 fee holds it back. Sure, account holders get triple the introductory bonus when compared to the China Airlines World Elite™ Mastercard® Blue Card – as well as improved miles-earning potential – but is it really worth the additional outlay of $59 per year? For the serious China Airlines traveler, the answer may be yes; for everyone else, however, the Blue version may be the better deal.