Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Capital One® Quicksilver® Card
Earn $200 After Spending $500
- Regular Purchase APR 15.49%, 21.49% or 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.49%, 21.49% or 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- 0% APR for 15 months
- No annual or foreign transaction fees
- Emergency card replacement and a cash advance if cards are stolen
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.49%, 21.49% or 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for the first 15 months of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.49%, 21.49% or 25.49% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each balance transfer
- Cash Advance APR: 25.49% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- 20% off + Free Shipping on Fanatics.com orders of $49+ - Offer Expires on April 15, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save 10% and complimentary daily breakfast for two with Preferred Hotels - Offer Expires on March 31, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase with promotion code VISA38 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Save 15%* off the Merchandise Value** of your purchase at Harry & David - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Troon® Golf for Visa Infinite - Offer Expires on January 26, 2022 - See Details
- Sonoma Wine Tastings 2:1 Offer with a Visa Signature or Visa Infinite Card - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
With the Capital One® Quicksilver® Card in hand, users can forego the complications of shopping for specific items to earn bonuses in lieu of earning 1.5% cash back across the board on every purchase, every day. This makes the card a top contender among the straightforward cash back credit cards available today.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn unlimited 1.5% back on all purchases
- Plan to spend at least $500 on the card within the first three months
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Capital One® Quicksilver Review
For those who love cash back rewards but hate the hassle of dealing with bonus categories, Capital One offers the Quicksilver Card: a competitive and low maintenance cash back option. Simplicity is the name of the game with this card and it will earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on every single purchase with rewards that never expire. Top it off with an easy-to-meet signup bonus to kickstart your cash back earnings and no annual fee.
Quicksilver Signup Bonus
Earn an easy one-time $200 cash bonus by spending at least $500 within the first 3 months – a relatively small spend that the average cardholder should meet with ease. Over the course of three months, cardholders would only need to spend $167 a month to qualify for it.
How to Use the Capital One Quicksilver Card
This card is great whether you’re already in the Capital One rewards ecosystem of if this is your first rewards credit card. The versatile nature of the category-less rewards structure means that this card can complement anyone’s existing spending habits or go-to credit card lineup.
Never worry to worry about merchant category codes (MCC’s) again and use this card to earn 1.5% back for those tricky purchases that don’t fall under the popular bonus categories such as:
- Online payments (i.e. utilities, cell phone bill, medical bills)
- Specialty services (i.e. mechanics, florists, veterinarians)
- Unconventional store fronts (i.e. kiosks, farmers markets, convenience stores)
Redeeming Quicksilver Card Earnings
For practical credit card rewards, Quicksilver card owners can enjoy cash back in the form of a check or statement credit, gift cards, or to cover a previous purchase.
The latter is an intriguing redemption option that’s unique to Capital One. Cash back earnings can be applied to previous purchases before your monthly card balance has posted (which is how statement credits function), which is incredibly handy if you’re trying to maintain your credit score and want to lower the total card balance that gets reported to credit bureaus.
Other Quicksilver Card Perks & Protections
- Extended Warranty
- Price Protection through Paribus
- $0 Fraud Liability
- CreditWise Credit Monitoring
- Virtual Card Number from Eno (pay for purchases with a automatically generated card number to keep your actual card protected from theives)
- Travel Accident Insurance
- 24-Hour Travel Assistance (for an emergency cash advance or card replacment if it is lost or stolen during your travels)
- Concierge Service
Should You Apply for the Quicksilver Card from Capital One?
If you have Excellent credit and are looking for a catch-all cash back rewards card that can reward you for the little things (and handle the big things) in life, then you can’t go wrong with the Quicksilver credit card. Few cards can say they are the complete package, but this one comes with all the bells and whistles (a solid signup bonus and a competitive 15-month introductory APR period) without having an annual fee.
That’s not to say that the Quicksilver doesn’t have any competition, however. The Citi Double Cash Card from Citi Bank offers 2% cash back on all purchases and has an even longer 0% APR period of 18 months compared to Quicksilver’s 15.
The Quicksilver Card has the advantage when it comes to international travel as Captial One cards don’t carry foreign transaction fees where the Citi Double Cash charges 3% on any purchase made abroad. Quicksilver also does not require a minimum redemption amount (where the Citi Double Cash does) making it a much more flexible reward redemption program.