Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 5th, 2021
- 2X points on travel when booked through AmexTravel.com
- 1X points on all other purchases
- Unlimited earnings
- Redeem points towards merchandise or as statement credit
- Regular Purchase APR: 23.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- 33% off a monthly subscription - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- 50% off for up to 12 months - Offer Expires on January 03, 2022 - See Details
- Spend $125 or more, get $25 back. Up to 2 times (total of $50). - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $25 or more, get $5 back - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on June 20, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $150 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on April 29, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $50 or more, get $10 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $250 or more, get $50 back - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $75 or more, get $15 back - Offer Expires on May 09, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $25 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
Offering an uncomplicated rewards structure, the Blue from American Express® card allows users to earn 1 Membership Rewards® point for each eligible dollar they spend and double the Membership Rewards® points for eligible travel purchases made at AmexTravel.com. These Membership Rewards® points apply to qualified retail, dining, entertainment, and other select charges made on the card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want to earn 1 Membership Rewards® point for each eligible dollar you spend and 2 Membership Rewards® points for eligible travel purchases made at AmexTravel.com
- Want to use Membership Rewards® points towards charges on your card, such as dining and entertainment
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Blue from American Express Card Review
Having a flexible rewards card at your disposal doesn’t necessarily mean that there will be a bunch of hoops to jump through when making purchases. This is undoubtedly the case with Blue from American Express®.
How to Earn (and Spend) Rewards
Cardholders earn one point for every eligible dollar spent on purchases. They can then use those points to pay at the checkout when shopping at select retailers, redeem them for gift cards, cover qualified new card charges, or even transfer them to participating loyalty programs.
If the prospect of travel is far more appealing than a few gift cards, Blue from American Express® offers 2X points on eligible purchases at AmexTravel.com. All points apply to award bookings made via AmexTravel.com. The options include prepaid hotel stays, entire vacation packages, and many other choices.
As this card doesn’t include an annual fee, that travel upgrade might not be as far out of reach as you had previously believed.
Enjoy Cardholder Protections
Blue from American Express® provides cardholders with protection for any damages or accidents that may occur with car rentals. Those who use their card for the entire cost of a rental vehicle but decline the rental company’s collision damage waiver still have coverage if their rental is either damaged or stolen. Cardholders can also utilize the Global Assist® hotline, which provides 24/7 access to medical, legal, financial, or any other emergency coordination or assistance.
American Express® members may also take advantage of Travel Accidental Insurance when the entire fare is paid using the Blue from American Express® card. This great feature provides coverage for accidental death or dismemberment when traveling.
When you are an American Express® cardholder, you can also expect an additional two years of extended warranty for any eligible purchases with a manufacturer’s warranty of five years or less. American Express® users can also expect purchase and return protections to ensure that any eligible card purchase that isn’t the right fit or breaks unexpectedly is covered.
Should You Apply for the Blue from American Express Card?
For a no annual fee credit card, the Blue from American Express® is a pretty nifty little option. The card doesn’t earn a huge amount of points but does offer enhanced vale when booking travel through Amex. This makes the card a good choice for those who want the additional travel value that comes with the Green Card, Gold Card, or even the Platinum Card, but don’t want to pay an annual fee.