Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on August 4th, 2021
Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express
0% Intro APR for 12 Months
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners
- 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases each year, 1 point per dollar thereafter
- No annual fee, and no annual fee for additional employee cards
- Seamlessly transfer your transaction data from your American Express statement directly to your QuickBooks account
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months from date of account opening,
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: If eligible, either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
The Blue Business Plus℠ Credit Card from American Express is a business rewards credit card that streamlines the Membership Rewards® points earning process by offering 2X points on everyday business purchases with no category restrictions, up to $50,000 annually. You can also spend above your credit limit with this card, so long as you remember to pay off those purchases above your credit limit in full that same month.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Run a business and are likely to have $50,000 in expenses in the next year, maximizing your 2X Membership Rewards® points earning potential
- Want the flexibility of being able to spend above your credit limit should company emergencies arise
- Do not want to incur annual fees for your card or employee cards
Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express Review
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express is a versatile, no annual fee business card from American Express. Aside from earning 2X Membership Rewards® on all purchases up to $50,000 in purchases per year with no category restrictions, this card also gives users the ability to buy above their credit limit and tackle business expenses that may unexpectedly arise.
0% Introductory APR
One of the great features with the Amex Blue Business® Plus is a lengthy 0% intro APR period on purchases. New accounts enjoy no interest on purchases for the first 12 months after account opening – a great perk for a business card with no annual fee. After that they can expect a variable APR between 13.24% – 19.24%, based on creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
Expanded Buying Power
Amex provides a range of benefits for businesses. One of the best is the Expanded Buying Power feature. Expanded Buying Power offersthe benefits of a card with no preset spending limit.
No Preset Spending Limit means your spending limit is flexible. Unlike a traditional card with a set limit, the amount you can spend adapts based on factors such as your purchase, payment, and credit history This feature lets companies spend more than their available credit line through Amex’s payment flexibility. There are no over-limit fees, no enrollment steps to take, and cardholders can continue to earn Membership Rewards points or cash back on purchases above their credit limit.
However, keep in mind that the minimum balance due at the end of the statement period will be the minimum due normally – plus the amount over the spending limit.
Membership Rewards Welcome Offer
The Blue Business® Plus Credit Card also comes with a decent rewards welcome offer. New accounts earn 15,000 Membership Rewards points after making $3,000 in qualifying purchases within the first three months of card membership.
Fifteen thousand rewards points aren’t the biggest of welcome bonuses, but it still carries a value of $150 when applied towards business travel through the Amex Membership rewards portal. For a card with no annual fee, that is a simple – and effective – bonus.
Expense Management Tools
Taking the guesswork out of expense management, the Blue Business Plus Card from American Express comes with a host of features to help companies track and organize their finances. The Spend Manager℠ feature, for example, allows businesses to add receipts and notes to transactions via desktop or mobile device, so they will know precisely how much was spent on taking which clients out to lunch.
Cardholders can also grant access and management privileges to an Account Manager for their card of their choosing, get account alerts should the irregular activity be noticed, and transfer their transaction data into their QuickBooks account.
Other Card Features
Other features with the Blue Business Plus Card from American Express include:
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance of up to $50,000 per vehicle rental.
- Amex Global Assist Hotline access to help with information about travel, including customs information and more.
- Amex Purchase protection and dispute resolution services
Should You Apply for the Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express?
The Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express allows companies to streamline their finances and take advantage of additional employee cards at no extra cost. While the 2X points are limited to $50,000 per year, this won’t be an issue for small to medium-sized companies. And, since this is who the card is targeted towards, it’s a great option to consider.