Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express
Earn 2X Membership Rewards® Points on Purchases
- Earn 2X Membership Rewards® points on everyday business purchases such as office supplies or client dinners
- 2X applies to the first $50,000 in purchases each year, 1 point per dollar thereafter
- No annual fee, and no annual fee for additional employee cards
- Seamlessly transfer your transaction data from your American Express statement directly to your QuickBooks account
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months from date of account opening,
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
The Blue Business Plus℠ Credit Card from American Express is a business rewards credit card that streamlines the Membership Rewards® points earning process by offering 2X points on business purchases with no category restrictions, up to $50,000 annually. You can also spend above your credit limit with this card, so long as you remember to pay off those purchases above your credit limit in full that same month.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Run a business and are likely to have $50,000 in expenses in the next year, maximizing your 2X Membership Rewards® points earning potential
- Want the flexibility of being able to spend above your credit limit should company emergencies arise
- Do not want to incur annual fees for your card or employee cards
Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express Review
Ambitious entrepreneurs looking for a means of getting their credit score to the next level may be able to find success with the Blue Business℠ Plus Credit Card from American Express. Aside from earning 2X Membership Rewards® on all purchases up to $50,000 each year with no category restrictions, this card also gives users the ability to buy above their credit limit and tackle business expenses that may unexpectedly arise. While not unlimited, this increased spending limit does adjust automatically via factors such as the use of the credit card, payment history, credit record, and more factors.
Taking the guesswork out of expense management, the Blue Business Plus℠ Credit Card from American Express comes with a host of features to help you track and organize your finances. The Spend Manager℠ feature, for example, allows you to add receipts and notes to transactions via desktop or mobile device, so you’ll know exactly how much was spent on taking which clients out to lunch. Cardholders can also grant access and management privileges to an Account Manager for their card of their choosing, get account alerts should the irregular activity be noticed, and transfer their transaction data into their QuickBooks account.
Should You Apply for the Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express?
The Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express allows companies to streamline their finances and take advantage of additional employee cards at no extra cost. While the 2X points are limited to $50,000 per year, this won’t be an issue for small to medium-sized companies. And, since this is who the card is targeted towards, it’s a great option to consider.