Blue Cash Everyday® Card
0% Intro APR for 15 Months
- 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%)
- 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores
- 1% cash back on other purchases
- Car rental loss and damage insurance
- Global Assist Hotline
- Complimentary Shoprunner membership
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Spend $1,000 or more, get $200 back - Offer Expires on November 30, 2020 - See Details
- Spend $50 or more, get $10 back - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Spend $35 +, get $7 back. Up to 2 times (total of $14). - Offer Expires on November 15, 2020 - See Details
- Spend $9.99 or more, get $9.99 back - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card gives you the ability to earn cash back on purchases in a handful of common categories, including 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 in annual purchases (then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores, and 1% on all other purchases. Though the categories with higher cash back rewards percentages are limited, they are ones in which many cardholders are likely to be spending money on anyway, hence the viability of this card when you factor in that it also has no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are interested in earning 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 in annual purchases (then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores, and 1% on all other purchases
- Want a one-time $200 statement credit after making just $1,000 in purchases within the first three months of the account opening
- Do not want to pay an annual fee
Blue Cash Everyday® Card Review
Whether grocery shopping or filling up the tank, the Blue Cash Everyday® Card is a solid option for earning cash back on everyday purchases.
Groceries and Gas: Earn Cash Back
The cash back earned is received in the form of Rewards Dollars, which are redeemable for statement credits, gift cards, and merchandise from top retailers. Before you know it, that 3% at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 in annual purchases (then 1%), 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores, and 1% on all other purchases will add up to some choice rewards. You can even speed up this process by adding additional cards for family members and other trusted individuals, whose purchases will earn rewards just like yours.
The other notable benefit offered by the Blue Cash Everyday® Card is a one-time $200 statement credit that can be earned after making just $1,000 in purchases within the first three months of the account opening. It’s also worth noting that the card does not have an annual fee and features a 0% introductory APR on all purchases for the first 15 months. After this period the APR on purchases will vary, based upon creditworthiness and the Prime Rate, but for those with excellent credit, the typical APR is good compared to other similar cashback rewards credit cards.
American Express Consumer Protections
American Express offers cardholders a myriad of protections for issues, including both travel benefits (such as vehicle rental loss and damage insurance) and Purchase Protection if an eligible purchase is stolen or accidentally damaged, such as a dropped smartphone.
Shopping and Entertainment
For those who love shopping and entertainment, the American Express Blue Cash Everyday® Card offers free 2-day shipping through ShopRunner on all eligible purchases at an ever-growing network of over 100 online retailers. Additionally, American Express card members can use Entertainment Access®, which provides exclusive access to ticket pre-sales for the hottest concert tours and events in your area, as well as tickets to Broadway shows and sporting events.
Should You Apply for the Blue Cash EveryDay Card?
If your goal is to earn cash back and save money for purchasing everyday items like groceries and gasoline, the Blue Cash card from American Express may be a great fit for your financial goals. No annual fee sweetens the deal, and the generous introductory purchase APR makes using this card to purchase a big ticket item a breeze; it’s not often that you’ll find a card with 15 months of 0% interest and no annual subscription. For those looking to save ample by taking advantage of cash back earning, the Blue Cash Every Day card from American Express is certainly an eye-catching offer.