Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard®
Earn up to 75,000 AAdvantage® Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $95
- Credit Needed Excellent
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every dollar spent with American Airlines
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every dollar spent with eligible telecom, office supply, and car rental merchants
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile on all other purchases
- First checked bag free
- Preferred boarding for up to 4 companions
- 25% savings on in-flight food and beverages
- Complimentary employee cards
- Annual companion certificate for $99 after spending $30,000 per year
- 5% AAdvantage® mileage bonus on account anniversary on all miles earned
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: N/A
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $95
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $39
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Save as you shop at London Designer Outlet – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Achieve home office harmony with a Feng Shui session – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Take a flawless makeup masterclass at Cosmetics à la Carte – Offer Expires on June 30, 2021 – See Details
- Learn to DJ like an expert – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Shop like a celebrity with LookStyler – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Upgrade your stay in Belfast and see the city in style – Offer Expires on March 31, 2021 – See Details
- Master gin and tonics with tips from two expert restaurateurs – Offer Expires on May 28, 2021 – See Details
- Get a taste of the pirate’s life with Miami Children’s Museum – Offer Expires on January 22, 2031 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® is a reliable co-branded business airline card for companies whose business takes them anywhere on the globe. The card earns 2 AAdvantage® miles for every dollar spent with American Airlines or at office supply stores, rental car companies, or with telecom service providers, and 1 mile for every dollar spent for every other purchase.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Operate a small to medium-sized business looking to earn big rewards for your everyday spending
- Frequently travel with American Airlines or another Oneworld carrier
- Want complimentary employee cards
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® Review
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® is a co-branded business rewards credit card geared towards the small to medium-sized company that is looking to earn some solid rewards when they travel or make everyday business purchases. The card offers a relatively low $95 annual fee and complimentary employee cards – two great features that make the travel perks even more enticing.
What are the perks, you ask? Members receive one free checked bag on all American Airlines-operated domestic flights, as well as preferred boarding and in-flight savings on any food and drinks bought using the AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard®. When meeting an annual spend, account holders also receive a companion certificate, good for one companion fare priced at $99.
How to Earn Rewards
The AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard®: earns 2X miles for eligible purchases with American, or at the office supply store, with telecom companies, or on car rentals. All other purchases earn 1 mile for every dollar spent. New account holders earn 65,000 miles when they make just $1,000 in purchases within 90 days of opening the account, plus an additional 10,000 bonus miles when an employee uses their card to make a purchase.
How to Redeem Rewards
Miles earned with the AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® are applicable towards travel with American Airlines and Oneworld partner airlines, including British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Qantas, Japan Airlines, and more. Other ways to redeem miles include hotel stays and car rentals with participating American Airlines partners, vacations and cruises booked through American Airlines, or one merchandise and gift cards from select American partners worldwide.
For more information on the American Airlines AAdvantage loyalty program, check out:
Should You Apply for the AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard®?
The AAdvantage® Aviator® is a reliable card for companies whose business takes them anywhere on the globe. American flies to nearly 100 international destinations and an equally impressive 95 domestic destinations. Businesses have access to well over 1,300 global airports in every corner of the world.
When it comes to earning AAdvantage miles, the card does a solid job. The card earns 2x miles for eligible purchases with American or with telecom, rental car, and office supply retailers. It also earns 1x miles everywhere else. Employee cards are complimentary, making it even easier to earn miles faster. New accounts also earn 65,000 when they spend $1,000 or more in the first 90 days. They’ll also get an additional 10,000 miles when an employee makes a purchase using their card
The card also offers some great perks for members, including a complimentary first checked bag on domestic American flights, in-flight savings, preferred boarding, and a companion fare when purchase requirements are met each anniversary. The fairly low $95 annual fee makes these perks even more impressive.
Overall, the AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard® is a very good business rewards card that any small-to-medium-sized business should consider. Even though the AAdvantage® program has some drawbacks (as previously mentioned), the ability to apply rewards for a variety of different redemption options, as well as the ability to book with Oneworld alliance members, means this card’s decent rewards can go a long way to saving companies money.