Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 5th, 2022
Frontier Airlines World Mastercard®
- Regular Purchase APR 16.74%, 20.74% or 25.74%, based on your creditworthiness
- Balance Transfer APR 16.74%, 20.74% or 25.74%, based on your creditworthiness
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $89
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days
- 5X miles for every dollar spent at flyfrontier.com
- 3X miles for every dollar spent at restaurants
- 1X miles for every dollar you spend on all other purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.74%, 20.74% or 25.74%, based on your creditworthiness
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 45 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.74%, 20.74% or 25.74%, based on your creditworthiness
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $89
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Minimum Deposit Required: N/A
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® is a co-branded airline reward credit card from Frontier Airlines and Barclays US. Cardholders earn 5X Frontier miles when booking through flyfrontier.com, 3X miles when dining out, and 1X miles everywhere else Mastercard is accepted. New cardholders can also earn 50,000 bonus miles when they make over $500 in purchases within the first 90 of their account – good for up to 2 round-trip flights with Frontier.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently fly with Frontier Airlines and want to earn and redeem miles to book an award ticket
- Are looking for an impressive introductory mile offer
- Want no foreign transaction fees
- Like to pool miles with friends and family to reach bigger rewards faster
Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® Review
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® offers cardholders a great way to earn some serious miles when they fly with Frontier. Members earn a whopping 5X miles for every dollar spent when they book their flights through flyfrontier.com, an impressive 3X miles for every dollar spent when using their card when dining out, and 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other purchases. Every dollar spent with the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® also earns cardholders 1 qualifying mile – good for upgrading their frequent flyer status with Frontier.
Cardholders also enjoy Zone 2 priority boarding on Frontier Airlines flights, no foreign transaction fees when using the card abroad, and no blackout dates when booking award travel with Frontier. Even better, using the card to make a purchase just once every six months is enough to keep miles from expiring.
New cardholders earn 50,000 bonus miles when they use their Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® to make $500 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening. This introductory offer is a great deal, as Frontier miles can be turned into a round-trip flight for as little as 20,000 miles!
Spend with Partners
Beyond booking flights with Frontier, miles earned are applicable towards stays with select hotel partners (including Marriott Bonvoy, Radisson, Wyndham, and more), when renting card with Avis, Hertz, Budget, and other leading companies, or for other goods and services from Frontier partners.
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® has an annual fee of $79, which shouldn’t put anyone off from applying. Sure it isn’t free (and there are plenty of other great no annual fee airline rewards cards available), but the quality of the mile-earning potential available, the introductory bonus offer, and the addition of priority boarding when flying Frontier more than make up for paying the annual fee.8
Other Card Features
Other features which make the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® a good choice are its no foreign transaction fees, free monthly Fico credit score, the ability to pool miles with friends and family, and the possibility of a statement credit for applicable fees when cardholders use their Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® to pay surcharges, taxes, or fees when booking their reward travel.
Should You Apply for the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard®?
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® is a very good card for those who often fly with the US budget airline Frontier. Frontier flies across the US, but it’s main hubs are in Denver, Las Vegas, Chicago, Orlando, Los Angeles, Portland, and Minneapolis. This means that this card will likely appeal to people across the US – and it is easy to see why.
The introductory offers with Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® are great: new members earn 50,000 miles when making just $500 in purchases in the first 90 days – good for up to 2 round-trip flights right off the bat! New cardholders also receive 0% APR for 15 months on any balance transfers made with their card in the first 45 days of opening an account.
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® has an annual fee of $89, but given what it offers cardholders, this isn’t a lot to ask. If, however, you are a stickler for wanting to avoid annual fees, you will likely find a comparable card from another US carrier – but without no annual fee – elsewhere. Overall, however, this is a solid rewards card that is a great way to earn miles towards vacations, business travel, or tons more great rewards.