Frontier Airlines World Mastercard®
Earn 40,000 Bonus Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $79
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after spending $500 on purchases in the first 90 days
- 5X miles for every dollar spent at flyfrontier.com
- 3X miles for every dollar spent at restaurants
- 1X miles for every dollar you spend on all other purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 45 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99%, 19.99% or 24.99%% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $79
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Minimum Deposit Required: N/A
At a Glance
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® is a co-branded airline reward credit card from Frontier Airlines and Barclays US. Cardholders can earn 5x Frontier miles when booking through flyfrontier.com, 3x miles when dining out, and 1x miles everywhere else. New cardholders can also earn 40,000 bonus miles when they make over $500 in purchases within the first 90 of their account – good for up to 2 round-trip flights with Frontier.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently fly with Frontier Airlines
- Are looking for an impressive introductory mile offer
- Want no foreign transaction fees
- Like to pool miles with friends and family to reach bigger rewards faster
Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® Review
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® offers cardholders a great way to earn some serious miles when they fly with Frontier. Members earn a whopping 5 miles for every dollar spent when they book their flights through flyfrontier.com, an impressive 3 miles for every dollar spent when using their card when dining out, and 1 mile for every dollar spent on all other purchases. Every dollar spent with the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® also earns cardholders 1 qualifying mile – good for upgrading their frequent flyer status with Frontier.
New cardholders earn 40,000 bonus miles when they sue their Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® to make $500 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of opening their account. This introductory offer is a great deal, as Frontier miles can be turned into a round-trip flight for as little as 20,000 miles!
Beyond booking flights with Frontier, miles earned are applicable towards stays with select hotel partners (including Marriott Bonvoy, Radisson, Wyndham, and more), when renting card with Avis, Hertz, Budget, and other leading companies, or for other goods and services from Frontier partners.
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® has an annual fee of $79, which shouldn’t put anyone off from applying. Sure it isn’t free (and there are plenty of other great no annual fee airline rewards cards available), but the quality of the mile-earning potential available, the introductory bonus offer, and the addition of priority boarding when flying Frontier more than make up for the yearly outlay.
Other features which make the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® a good choice are its no foreign transaction fees, free monthly Fico credit score, the ability to pool miles with friends and family, and the possibility of a statement credit for applicable fees when cardholders use their Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® to pay surcharges, taxes, or fees when booking their reward travel.
Should You Apply for the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard®?
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® is a very good card for those who often fly with the US budget airline Frontier. Frontier flies across the US, but it’s main hubs are in Denver, Las Vegas, Chicago, Orlando, Los Angeles, Portland, and Minneapolis. This means that this card will likely appeal to people across the US – and it is easy to see why.
The introductory offers with Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® are great: new members earn 40,000 miles when making just $500 in purchases in the first 90 days – good for up to 2 round-trip flights right off the bat! New cardholders also receive 0% APR for 15 months on any balance transfers made with their card in the first 45 days of opening an account.
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® has an annual fee of $79, but given what it offers cardholders, this isn’t a lot to ask. If, however, you are a stickler for wanting to avoid annual fees, you will likely find a comparable card from another US carrier – but without no annual fee – elsewhere. Overall, however, this is a solid rewards card that is a great way to earn miles towards vacations, business travel, or tons more great rewards.