Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard®
Earn Up to 75,000 Award Miles
- Regular Purchase APR 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee $89
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- 2X miles on direct Miles & More purchases
- 1X miles on all other purchases
- Receive 2 complimentary Lufthansa Business Lounge Vouches every account anniversary
- Receive 1 Companion Ticket annually
- Receive up to 15% off Hotels & Cars by Points
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 45 days of account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 15.99% to 24.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Annual Fee: $89
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $37
At a Glance
The Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard® from Barclays is a very good airline rewards card that has the European traveler in mind. The card is co-branded with Lufthansa’s Miles & More® frequent flyer program – the largest In Europe, with over 28 million members. Rewards earned with the Miles & More® program apply to numerous airlines, including Lufthansa, Croatia Airlines, Brussels Airlines, and Swiss International Air Lines.
The Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard® earn 2 miles for every dollar spent when booking flights through Miles & More® and 1 mile per dollar spent for all other purchases. New members can also take advantage of an impressive introductory offer of up to 75,000 bonus miles when they pay the $89 annual fee and make qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of opening their account.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently travel to Europe
- Want an airline rewards card that offers impressive perks
- Love free access passes to European airport lounges
- Don’t want to pay foreign transaction fees
Miles &More® World Elite Mastercard® Review
The Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard® from Barclays US is a co-branded airline reward card geared towards the frequent European traveler. Miles & More® – the product of Lufthansa – is the most extensive collective frequent flyer program in Europe, with over 28 million members.
How to Earn
With the Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard®, cardholders earn double miles (2 miles for every dollar spent) when booking flights with Miles & More® carriers and single miles (1 mile for every dollar spent) for all other purchases. Additionally, new members can earn as many as 50,000 miles when meeting purchase requirements and paying the $89 annual fee in the first 90 days of opening their account. The purchase requirements for this deal are 20,000 miles when a first purchase is made, and the annual fee is paid, and an additional 30,000 miles when at least $5,000 in purchases are made on the card within the first 90 days of opening an account.
How to Redeem
Miles earned with the Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard® can help travelers quickly achieve higher Miles & More® status. Each calendar year, members can convert 5,000 to 25,000 miles to status miles at a 5:1 ratio that means 25,000 flight miles can become 5,000 status miles. Beyond status miles, members can also convert their miles into reward fares and upgrades with Miles & More® partner airlines, including Lufthansa, SWISS, Brussels Air, and more.
Miles & More® is a great rewards program, as it offers the chance to earn miles with many of Europe’s biggest carriers, including Lufthansa – the program’s creator. As such, the Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard® can help world travelers reach higher Miles & More® and Star Alliance frequent flyer tiers through its solid introductory offers and ability to earn miles through a vast array of methods,
Should You Apply for the Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard®?
The Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard® also benefits from no foreign transaction fees, making it the perfect tool should work, or pleasure takes you across the Atlantic, and 2 complimentary lounge passes each year, providing access to Lufthansa’s luxurious Business Lounge. If that’s not enough to tempt you, members also receive an extra 15% off of rental cars and hotel stays when they sue their Miles & More® World Elite Mastercard® to book with Points.