Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on December 22nd, 2020
Zions Bank AmaZing Rewards for Business Credit Card
Earn Up to 3X Points on Purchases
- Regular Purchase APR 14.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 19.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Earn up to 3X points on purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 19.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: Up to $29
At a Glance
The Zions Bank AmaZing Rewards for Business Card allows cardholders to earn up to 3X points on purchases in select categories. The card also benefits from 0% intro APR on both purchases and balance transfers, with a fixed-rate APR after that – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are based in Wyoming, Idaho, or Utah
- Plan to pay off existing business card balances
- Prefer a fixed interest rate to the uncertainty of a variable rate
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Zions Bank AmaZing Rewards for Business Credit Card Review
The Zions Bank AmaZing Rewards for Business Card is a business rewards credit card that benefits from no annual fees and 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers.
How to Earn Points
The Zions AmaZing Rewards for Business Card bears a similar name to the personal version of the card, but how the two earn rewards are very different. Where the personal card earns double points for the first 90 days and single points after that, the business version of the card earns up to 3X points every day.
Cardholders earn triple points on purchases in the following categories:
- Mobile and landline phone services
- Internet, satellite, and cable TV
- Office supplies
Cardholders also earn 2X points on travel purchases made with airlines and car rental companies and a single point on every other purchase.
How to Redeem Points
AmaZing points have a value of one cent per point according to Zions, as this is the rate points are exchangeable for statement credits or towards deposits into existing Zions savings and checking accounts. Redeeming points for statement credits come with the caveat that doesn’t count towards existing balances, meaning the current balance must still be paid without reward points.
Other options for redeeming points include the usual fare from a rewards portal, including travel (hotels, flights, car rentals, etc.) merchandise from leading retailers, and gift cards.
There is no limit to the number of points that can be earned, though redemptions must start from 2,500 points. Like other reward programs, points can be used to pay for awards in full, or as partial payment with the rest paid in cash. Points don’t expire if the account is open and active.
0% Intro APR
The AmaZing Rewards Business Card offers 0% intro APR on both purchases and balance transfers. The intro APR on purchases is for six months, which provides businesses the space they need to finance larger purchases over the first half-year of their new account. This wiggle room is an excellent opportunity for companies to spend on their infrastructure, making much-needed updates to help their business grow.
The 12-month 0% APR on balance transfers is equally attractive, allowing companies to pay down any existing balances, with the knowledge that the fixed-rate APR after the year is up is competitive enough not to warrant worry. Zions Bank also allows customers with existing Zion credit card balances to pay no balance transfer fee when transferring those debts to their new Zions Card account.
Competitive Fixed Rate APR
The AmaZing Rewards Business Card offers a reliable, fixed-rate APR once the initial 0% periods finish. The rate, fixed at 10.66% + Prime, isn’t as low as that found with the Zion’s Low Rate Card, but as that card doesn’t offer rewards of any kind, it is a fair trade-off. The interest rate with the card is competitive, however, making it a robust option for businesses that want to earn rewards but not be punished for carrying a balance.
Should You Apply for the Zions Bank AmaZing Rewards Business Card?
Overall, the Zions Bank AmaZing Rewards for Business Credit Card is a rewards credit card offers real value for companies in Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming. Triple points on purchases in categories for utilities and everyday bills is a very good value, as is double points on select business travel expenses.
The card compares favorably with cards such as the BBVA Business Rewards Visa and the Fifth Third Business Rewards Card, with the caveat that both of these cards come with a longer introductory APR period These cards, however, feature a variable interest rate, whereas the Zions Card has a fixed rate, evening the odds and removing worries that come from a variable rate.