Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 13th, 2021
Zions Bank AmaZing Cash Credit Card
Earn 2% Back for the First 90 Days
- Regular Purchase APR 11.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 20.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers
- 2% cash back fro the first 90 days; 1% cash back on all purchases after that
- Customize your card with your own image or photo with myPHOTOcard®
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.24% to 18.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 20.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
At a Glance
Zions Bank is a leading bank in the Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho area, and its AmaZing Cash Card is designed with those residents in mind. The card earns 2% cash back on all purchases for the first 90 days after opening an account, followed by an unlimited 1% back after that. This 1% cash back is boosted by a cash back bonus of up to 25% every year.
Other features of the card include 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 12 months and 0% intro APR on purchases for the first six months – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Want an everyday card that enjoys a low rate but still earns rewards
Zions Bank Amazing Cash Credit Card Review
The Zions Bank AmaZing Cash Card is a cash back credit card that benefits from 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers and a competitive regular interest rate after that but struggles due to its low cash back rewards.
2% Cash Back for a Limited Time
The Zions AmaZing Cash Card earns a respectable 2% back on all purchases. This rate would make the AmaZing Cash a decent option to consider – if not for the caveat that this earning rate is only for the first 90 days.
After the 2% period ends, the card earns 1% back on every dollar spent on purchases, with no limit on the total amount holders can earn. One-percent back isn’t great, but at least it applies towards every purchase and not for “eligible purchases” – a dubious restriction some issuers hide behind.
Of course, cards like the Chase Freedom Unlimited, or the Citi Double Cash Card also charge no annual fee but earn 1.5% and 2% back, respectively. This makes the rewards on offer from Zions challenging to justify getting the card.
Annual Cash Back Bonus
While the cash back earning potential of the AmaZing Cash Card amazing, this failing is mitigated by Zion offering the chance at up to 25% more cash back through their annual cash back bonus
The bonus directly relates to the amount of money back a cardholder earns in the calendar year, and not the total amount they spend on purchases with the card. This reward is broken into tiers.
Realistically, the 25% bonus is out of reach for all but the most diligent of spenders. Forty-thousand dollars in cash back requires a considerable expenditure that makes it a pipedream. The lower-range reward of 5%, however, is a realistic target and provides a healthy boost to the cash back pretentions of the card.
AmaZing Deals Access
Like other Zions Bank credit cards, AmaZing Cash Cardholders can further boost the cash back they earn through the AmaZing Deals app. The app allows Zions cardholders to show their phone at over 1,500 participating retailers to receive some money back when shopping.
0% Intro APR
The AmaZing Cash Card from Zions Bank benefits significantly from a competitive APR on purchases and balance transfers than other comparable cards from issuers like Citi, Discover, or Chase. New cardholders also enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases for 6 months and balance transfers for the first 12 months.
Should You Apply for the Zions Bank AmaZing Cash Card?
When it comes to cash back credit cards, the Zions Bank AmaZing Cash Card is fighting an uphill battle. The marketplace is littered with excellent cash back cards, including the AMEX Cash Magnet, Citi Double Cash, Chase Freedom, and Freedom Unlimited, and dozens of others.
The Zions Cash Back Credit Card earns 2% back of the first 90 days and unlimited 1% back after that. All of the previously noted cards offer more money back with every purchase, with the same lack of an annual fee. Zions tries to make up this difference through the AmaZing Deals app, which offers additional rewards with participating retailers and annual cash back bonus.
Both of these bonuses have their own frustrations, however. The AmaZing Deals app only works with select retailers in Wyoming, Idaho, and Utah, which is fine, as Zions Bank services these areas. Unfortunately, using your card outside of this geographic area offers very limited cash back potential – far less than is found with other comparable cards. The annual bonus also suffers from an exceedingly high cash back requirement for top-end bonuses, making it inaccessible for almost every cardholder, bar maybe one or two.
Overall, the AmaZing Cash Card is a decent option for those who live in the Zions Bank area who plan to use the card exclusively in the region. For those who plan to venture further afield, either for routine business or pleasure travel, there may be better options elsewhere.