Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on September 13th, 2021
Zions Bank AmaZing Low Rate Credit Card
Enjoy a Low Rate and No Annual Fee
- Regular Purchase APR 9.24% to 15.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 9.24% to 15.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 20.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Access to Zions AmaZing Deals app
- No balance transfer fee from exisiting Zions accounts
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.24% to 15.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 9.24% to 15.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 20.24% to 22.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
At a Glance
The AmaZing Low Rate Credit Card from Zions Bank is a balance transfer and low APR card that benefits from 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers, no annual fee, and access to the AmaZing Deals coupon program.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Live in Utah, Idaho, or Utah
- Plan to use the card locally at participating AmaZing Deals retailers
- Plan to carry a balance or make a significant purchase in the near future
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Zions Bank AmaZing Low Rate Card Review
Zions Bank is a bank that serves those who live in Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming. The bank has a long and distinguished history in the region, tracing its roots back to the 1870s. Today, the bank offers financial services and products through its 120+ branches and its credit card products, including the AmaZing Low Rate Card.
A Low Rate Everyday
The AmaZing Low Rate Card offers a very competitive interest rate for those with exceptional credit that is around 11%, well below the current average for a low rate card in the U.S. For those with good credit, the APR won’t be as low, they can still anticipate a rate that likely is far lower than anything they can expect from larger lenders.
0% Intro APR
The low APRs of the Zions, AmaZing Low Rate Card, enjoy a further boost thanks to two 0% introductory APR offers for new accounts: 0% intro APR for the first six months on purchases, and 0% for the 12 months on balance transfers. Even better, for existing Zions customers, there is no balance transfer fee when transferring existing balances from Zions’ cards to the AmaZing Rate Card – the fee is 3% of the transaction for all other accounts (minimum of $10).
A Good Option for Carrying a Balance
This combination of a great, low APR, and a respectable introductory 0% APR period makes this card comfortable conducting both balance transfers and financing a larger purchase. While carrying a balance isn’t ideal, it is a reality many people face daily. A low rate card, such as the Zions AmaZing Rate Card isn’t a tool for bonuses, but rather an everyday tool that can help keep cardholder finances in check and make life more manageable.
All Zions Visa Cardholders have access to Zions AmaZing Deals. This service provides members with access to up to 50% cash back savings at over 1,500 participating retailers throughout Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho. All cardholders need to do is download the Zions mobile app, log in to their account, and show the coupon at the participating merchant or retailer. While the cash back perk of AmaZing Deals won’t replace the money an individual would receive from a cash back card, this is a nice little feature that adds significant value to the Low Rate Card.
Should You Apply for the Zions Bank AmaZing Rate Credit Card?
Overall, the Zions AmaZing Low Rate Card is a low APR and balance transfer credit card that benefits from a decent introductory APR period and a low rate every day after that. The typical APR is considerably below the national average for a low APR card, and the normal rate for those who squeak by through the application process will still get an APR that is below the national average for lowest rates on average credit cards – not bad.
The addition of AmaZing Deals brings an element of cash back to the card, which is a boost that isn’t available form other comparable cards. Combined with 0% intro APR on purchases for six months and the same 0% on balance transfers (for 12 months), and Zions Bank has the recipe for an excellent balance transfer card that can also serve as an everyday spender (at select retailers that is).