Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on May 5th, 2021
U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card
0% Intro APR for the First 18 Months
- Regular Purchase APR 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 18 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Additional employee cards at no extra cost
- 0% Intro APR for the first 18 months on purchases and balance transfers
- 100% domestic servicing center provides 24/7 dedicated service
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 18 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 18 months on transfers made within 30 days from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 11.99% to 20.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: 29.99%
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. Dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: $35
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: $39
At a Glance
The U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card is a basic, no-frills business card that offers 0% introductory APR for the first year, and an excellent purchase APR well below what’s available from competitor cards for those with excellent credit scores. While the card itself offers no rewards, members can enroll in Visa® SavingsEdge®, which allows companies to save up to 15% off qualifying business purchases made using the card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are a business owner looking for a hassle-free card with a great APR
- Aren’t worried about earning rewards or cash-back on purchases
- Want a card with no annual fee
The U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card Review
When it comes to a solid business rewards credit card, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Such is the case with the U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card. This card isn’t going to attract people with dazzling sign up bonuses or crazy rewards – but for those who know what they are looking for in a business credit card, this one is sure to be the belle of the ball.
The U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card is certainly a no-frills, straightforward business card, but that’s not to say it isn’t an attractive choice. To begin with, for those companies with excellent credit, they will enjoy purchase and balance transfer APRs well-below those of other comparable cards. On average, those with exceptional credit can expect an APR nearly 3% lower than can be found elsewhere. The exceptional APR of the Business Platinum Card is even more enticing when you realize that this low rate applies after an initial 20 months of 0% introductory APR.
That’s not to say that the U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card doesn’t have any other party tricks in store. As this is a Visa business card, companies can enroll in Visa® SavingsEdge®, which allows companies to save up to 15% off qualifying business purchases made using the card.
Businesses also benefit from a host of other Visa services, including an Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver should an employee pay for a rental car with the U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card, waive the coverage offered at the rental counter, and get into an accident. Additionally, Visa offers travel and emergency assistance services worldwide, zero-cost liability insurance for any unauthorized or fraudulent purchases made with the card, and purchase security to cover any damaged or stolen items purchased with the card.
Another nice feature of the U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card is the availability of extra employee cards at no additional cost. These are good savings over other cards, which may charge a fee for additional cards. Visa® also provides payment controls that allow companies to closely monitor how employees use their cards, including customization of how much each cardholder is authorized to spend.
Should You Apply for the U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card?
The U.S. Bank Business Platinum Card may lack thrills, but it offers robust purchasing power for companies that prefer performance over perks. The card’s attractive APR is bolstered by an introductory 0% APR for the first 20 months. The savings are further increased with access to Visa SavingsEdge, which allows companies to receive an additional 15% discount on qualifying business purchases – all for no annual fee.