Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
The Ohio State Voice Credit Card
The Ohio State Voice Credit Card
Show Your Buckeyes Pride
- Regular Purchase APR 14.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 14.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 26.99% to 31.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- No annual fee
- Select from one of 10 categories to earn 3X points for the first $2,000 in quarterly spending
- Earn 1X on all other eligible purchases
- 0% intro balance APR for 12 months after account opening
- Regular Purchase APR: 14.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months
- Balance Transfer APR: 14.99% to 28.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the transfer amount or $10, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 26.99% to 31.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either 3% of the advance amount or $10, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Ohio State Voice Credit Card is one of three Voice Credit Cards issued by The Huntington National Bank, an Ohio-based lender. On the first $2,000 spent in a category of the cardholder’s choosing, the card earns 3X points. On balance transfers performed within the first 90 days, the card also offers a 0% intro APR for a year, no balance transfer fees, and no foreign transaction fees.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want the freedom to change their reward category every quarter
- Plan to carry a balance and have excellent credit
- Are an Ohio State University fanatic or alumnus
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee or foreign transaction fees.
The Ohio State Voice Credit Card® Review
The Ohio State Voice Credit Card® from Huntington National Bank lets Buckeyes fanatics show their school pride while earning impressive rewards in the category of their choosing.
How to Earn Rewards
The Ohio State Voice Card offers similar rewards to another Huntington National Bank credit card: the Huntington Bank Voice Rewards Card. Like its unbranded sibling, the Ohio State Buckeyes version of the voice credit card earns up to 3X points on eligible purchases.
Buckeye cardholders earn 3X points per $1 spent on purchases in one of ten chosen categories. The 3X points per dollar spent apply to the first $2,000 (or 6,000 points) in purchases per quarter. After exceeding the $2,00 per quarter threshold, cardholders will earn 1X points, which is also the base earning rate on the card.
The ten quarterly categories cardholders can select from include:
- Gas stations
- Travel and entertainment
- Discount and warehouse stores
- Grocery stores
- Utilities and office supply stores
- Electronics stores
- Department, apparel, and sporting goods stores
- Auto parts stores
- Home improvement stores
The Ohio State Rewards Voice Card lets cardholders change their bonus categories every quarter. Think you’ll spend more on travel come the holiday season? Choose travel and entertainment as your 3X category. Or, perhaps you want to make some much-needed home repairs in the summer? In that case, maybe choosing home improvement stores is the right option.
Of course, you could always just set and forget your bonus category. Still, the fact you can adjust your rewards to fit your expected spending habits is a nice perk that other issuers should consider.
How to Redeem Rewards
Points earned with the card are applicable towards rewards in the Voice Rewards Program, with a variety of redemption options from which to choose. These redemption options include gift cards, cash back, travel, and merchandise. Points don’t expire as long as the account is in good standing.
0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers
The Ohio State University version of the Voice Rewards also features the same 0% intro APR on balance transfers. New accounts enjoy 0% APR for the first 12 billing cycles following account opening on any balance transfer made within the first 90 days following account opening.
After that, the regular APR varies depending on the applicant’s creditworthiness. Rates vary between approximately 13% at the low end (for excellent credit) and around 26% for those with average credit scores.
Choose a Lower Rate
One of the unique features of Huntington National Bank Voice credit cards is selecting either rewards or a lower interest rate. Opting for rewards yields the usual 3X points, as highlighted above. However, selecting low APR provides a lower purchase APR every day – but without the rewards. Check out our comprehensive Huntington Bank Voice Low Rate review for more information on that card.
Fair Play Banking
Another unique feature that sets Huntington apart from some banks is its “Fair Play Banking” philosophy. This Fair Play Banking process removes many of the frustrating features of other credit cards, including hidden fees and confusing redemption options. For example, cardholders can opt for automatic monthly redemptions or redeem their rewards manually.
Huntington National Bank’s Fair Play Banking also provides “Late Fee Grace.” This popular feature provides an additional day on the grace period to make a payment and avoid late fees. Cardholders also enjoy no penalty fee pricing, meaning their APR will never rise – even if they miss a payment.
Other Card Features
Other noteworthy features of the Ohio State Voice Credit Card include:
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Complimentary authorized user cards upon request
- EMV chip and contactless payment technology
- FICO Score access every month
- Mastercard ID Theft Protection
- Zero Liability Protection
Should You Apply for the Ohio State Voice Credit Card from Huntington National Bank?
Overall, the Ohio State Voice Rewards Credit Card is a versatile rewards card that provides Buckeyes alumni (or students, for that matter) with the rewards they want and none of the hidden fees they hate. The choice of ten categories to earn triple points in is a very nice feature, as is the ability to change categories every quarter if desired.
More pleasant perks include the great low APR on purchases and balance transfers, which make the card ideal for carrying a balance and financing larger purchases over time. The 0% intro APR period for the first year on balance transfers is another great feature.