Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 27th, 2022
Texas Exes Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card
Texas Exes Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card
$200 Online Cash Rewards Bonus Offer
- Regular Purchase APR 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 19.99% to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice, like online shopping
- Earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months
- Regular Purchase APR: 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 60 days of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on creditworthiness and Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 19.99% to 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the U.S. dollar amount of each transaction
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Texas Exes Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card is a co-branded cash back credit card that lets Longhorn alumni show their pride anywhere Visa is accepted. The card, from Bank of America, features up to 3% cash back on the category of your choosing, plus 2% back on wholesale clubs and groceries, and more – all for no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Want the ability to choose their bonus cash back categories
- Spend heavily on groceries
- Already bank with Bank of America
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
Texas Exes Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
The Texas Exes Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card is a no annual fee credit card from Bank of America that allows University of Texas alumni to show their Texas Longhorns pride with every purchase.
How to Earn Cash Back Rewards
The Texas Exes Card acts in much the same way as the non-co-branded Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card. Like the version for Texas alumni, that card earns cash back on a variety of bonus categories – including 3% back on the cardholder’s preferred top spending category.
Here’s the Customized Cash Rewards cash back breakdown:
Cardholders earn 3% cash back on their chosen category, with the option to select a new category for future purchases once a month. Those 3% back categories are:
- Online shopping
- Drug stores
- Home improvement
Cardholders also earn 2% back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs and 1% cash back on all other purchases. Cash back rewards in the 3% and 2% categories are limited to $2,500 per quarter, though reaching this threshold would require significant spending. In this regards the card is somewhat of a competitor for the impressive Chase Freedom Unlimited (or even the Freedom Flex). The Citi Rewards+® Card is another popular gas rewards credit card, though it does not offer
the flexibility of the Customized Cash.
Cash Rewards Welcome Bonus
New Texas Exes Cardholders also receive the same online cash rewards welcome bonus as the basic Bank of America Customized Cash Card. New accounts can earn a $200 online cash rewards bonus after making at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening.
Earn Even More with Bank of America Preferred Rewards
Bank of America’s credit cards are ideal for anyone who already banks with the brand. Bank of America’s Preferred Rewards offers current customers the opportunity to maximize their cash back with up to 75% more cash back on purchases.
Preferred Rewards members can earn between 25% and 75% more rewards on purchases, depending on their tier. This means that Texas Exes Cardholders could earn up to 3.5% back on their customized cash bonus categories!
Eligibility for a Preferred Rewards membership is divided into three tiers. Note that the level you qualify for depends on your combined Bank of America and Merrill investment account balances, which can change over time.
How to Redeem Cash Back
Redeeming cash back with theTexas Exes Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card is straightforward. Cardholders can apply their rewards towards statement credits, deposits into their Bank of America savings or checking account, or credits towards an eligible Merrill investment account.
Other Features of the Texas Exes Customized Cash Rewards Card
Other notable features of the card include:
- Travel Cancellation/Interruption Insurance
- Zero Fraud Liability
- Extended Protection/Extended Warranty
- Complimentary FICO score access each month
- EMV chip and contactless payment technology
- Mobile wallet compatibility with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and more
- No annual fee
Should You Apply for the Texas Exes Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card from Bank of America?
The Texas Exes Customized Cash Rewards Credit Card provides all the substance of the basic Customized Cash Rewards from Bank of America, but with a Texas-sized style addition. The card provides lifelong Longhorns with up to 3% back – and a stylish rawhide design that will turn heads.
While the card is useful for anyone looking to show their Texas pride, Bank of America Preferred Rewards customers will get the most value from the card thanks to up to 75% more rewards with every purchase. Even the basic tier offers 25% more, meaning cardholders can earn 1.25% to 1.75% on all purchases with the card outside of bonus categories – that’s more cash back than most flat-rate cash back cards.