Susan G. Komen® Cash Rewards Visa®
$200 Cash Rewards Bonus + Up to 3% Cash Back
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- Susan G. Komen receives $3 every year an account is open and 0.08% of each transaction
- Introductory 0% purchase APR for your first 15 months
- Introductory 0% APR on balance transfers made within 60 days
- 3% cash back on the category of your choice
- 2% back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs
- 1% back on all other purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 15 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 15 months on transfers made within 60 days of account opening
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 16.99% to 26.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
- Spoil your pup with a FREE upgrade to BarkBox. - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on all Afternoon Tea orders - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 10% on The Berlin Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa® Credit Card is a cash back credit card from Bank of America that takes the fight to breast cancer with every purchase. The card earns 3% cash back on a category of your choosing, 2% back on grocery store and wholesale clubs, and 1% back on every other purchase.
Bank of America allows cardholders to change their 3% cash back category each month, with options including gas, dining, travel, and more. Bank of America also donates to Susan G. Komen with every purchase, with more than $9.5 million donated so far. The card also features no annual fee and 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 15 months.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Know someone who is battling breast cancer or lost a loved one to the disease
- Want to earn excellent cash back rewards while helping fight metastatic breast cancer at the same time
- Like the freedom of choosing what they earn 3% cash back on each month
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
- Have credit scores that are excellent
- Want a pink ribbon credit card to show their support
Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa® Credit Card Review
The Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa® Credit Card is the ideal cash rewards credit card for those who want to fight the good fight against breast cancer in all its forms, while also earning significant cash back every day.
The Susan G. Komen Foundation
Recent studies indicate that there are over 250,000 new cases of breast cancer each year in the United States, with over 42,000 Americans dying from the illness each year. Breast cancer, such as metastatic breast cancer, isn’t a condition that affects women only – over 2,500 men are diagnosed with breast cancer each year – with over 500 deaths annually.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure (or Susan G. Komen as it is more commonly known) is the largest breast cancer charity organization in the nation, with major events such as the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk, plus partnerships with leading companies and organizations, including World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), Major League Baseball (MLB), and more. The charity believes that progress in the mission to end breast cancer is vital – that’s why it takes a leading role in communities and investing in projects to prioritize breast health and awareness.
Help Fight Cancer with Every Purchase
The Bank of America Susan G. Komen Credit Card isn’t just great for earning 3% cash back on your chosen category – it’s also great in that it helps combat breast cancer with every swipe! The nonprofit receives $3 and 0.08% on all retail purchases made (less any returns), plus an additional $3 for every renewal of the card, provided the cardholder is in good standing. That means you help fight breast cancer with every purchase, as well as when you decide to keep your card every year.
To date, Bank of America has donated more than $9.5 million to Susan G. Komen, meaning this is a credit card that has a real impact in the fight against metastatic breast cancer in all its forms. For example, in 2007 alone the foundation donated more than $2 million to the American Association for Cancer Research.
How to Earn Cash Back
The Susan G. Komen Visa is a versatile cash back rewards card from Bank of America. The card earns 3% back in the category of your choosing. These categories include dining, gas or fuel purchases, drug stores and pharmacies, online shopping, travel, or home improvement and furnishings purchases.
Bank of America allows you to change your category each month either online or through their mobile app (available everywhere), meaning you can maximize your earning by planning your purchases ahead of time. When you first get your card, be aware that gas purchases are the default 3% cash back option, so it might require changing to fit your needs.
The Susan G. Komen® Visa Card also earns 2% back at both grocery stores and wholesale clubs. 2% back on both of these categories is a great perk, as many rewards credit cards that allow you to earn rewards at grocery stores frequently place text into the terms and conditions stating wholesale clubs don’t count for grocery purchases. The Susan G. Komen Card, however, provides no reason for cardholders to worry about problems like these.
The 3% and 2% cash back categories are capped to the first $2,500 in combined spending each quarter, with every other purchase after that threshold is passed earning 1% back. While the cash back caps may upset some, if you don’t plan to spend more than $10,000 per year on groceries and gas, you likely won’t have to worry too much.
All other eligible purchases earn a flat rate of 1% cash back. There are no caps to the total amount of cash back you can earn.
How to Redeem Rewards
Bank of America’s Rewards program makes it easy to earn – and even easier to redeem – cash back. Susan G. Komen Visa Cardholders can redeem their cash back for statement credits, direct deposits into eligible Bank of America checking or savings accounts, or towards eligible Merrill Lynch or Merrill Edge investment accounts. While there is no amount required to receive rewards with the Rewards program, Merrill Lynch or Merrill Edge deposits require a minimum of $25 before redeeming.
Susan G. Komen Card Sign-Up Bonus
New accounts with the Susan G. Komen Credit Card from Bank of America receive a sign-up bonus of $200 in online cash rewards when they make at least $1,000 in purchases with their card within the first 90 days of account opening.
Other Perks and Features
Beyond the admirable charitable donations of the card, the impressive cash back with every purchase, the Visa Signature perks, and the nice sign-up bonus, the card also features no annual fee, a special 0% intro APR for the first 15 months on purchases, plus 0% intro APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within the first 60 days of opening an account.
Should You Apply for the Susan G. Komen Cash Rewards Visa® Card?
Susan G. Komen is the largest breast cancer charitable organization in America, and the Susan G. Komen® Visa is a great way to support the fight while earning great rewards at the same time.
3% cash back in the category of your choosing, plus 2% back on grocery stores and wholesale stores is enough of a reason to get the Susan G. Komen® Cash Rewards Visa® card on its own, but the additional $3 plus 0.08% of all retail purchases for breast cancer research puts it over the edge.
If you want to fight the good fight, but still need to keep track of your bottom line at the same time, the Susan G. Komen® Visa Card is a great option to consider. No annual fee, plus a decent sign-up bonus – and 0% intro APR for the first 15 months are all excellent features, but the ability to do good with every purchase is the real selling point here – and one both the card and Bank of America do, admirably.