Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on February 1st, 2021
REI Co-op Mastercard®
REI Gift Card Upon Approval and First Purchase
- Regular Purchase APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Good
- Processing Network Mastercard
- REI will make a donation to the National Forest Foundation every time you make a purchase with your card
- Receove a REI gift card upon approval and first purchase
- Get 5% back at REI and 1% back on everyday purchases
- Enjoy No Annual Fee and Mastercard Global Services
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.99% to 23.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 25.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $5 or 4% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine – Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 – See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses – Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 – See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist’s star-studded fashion collection – Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 – See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras’ ghats, Sarnath, and more – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- Get a glimpse into India’s history through the Gujarati thali – Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 – See Details
- View All Deals –
At a Glance
The REI Co-op Mastercard is the perfect retail card for shoppers who want to give back to outdoor nonprofits and get some rewards as well. REI is a leading name in the outdoor clothing, apparel, and lifestyle sphere, making this the ideal card for anyone that loves the great outdoors. Upon approval and first purchase with the REI Co-op Mastercard, cardholders will also receive an REI gift card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Frequently shop with REI
- Use mobile wallet apps like Apple Pay, Google Pay, or more
- Want a $100 REI gift card after making the first purchase
- Don’t like annual fees or foreign transaction fees
REI Co-Op World Elite Mastercard Review
If you love the great outdoors, the REI Co-op Mastercard can help you turn rewards into new gear. The card, a co-branded card from U.S. Bank and outdoor-giant REI, earns solid rewards with every purchase. Cardholders earn 5% back on purchases made directly with REI, 2% back on all purchases made through mobile wallets, and 1% back on everything else.
While the ability to earn 5% back on REI is great, it is also fairly straight forward that a co-branded rewards card earns a solid cash back rate at the store that issues it, the ability to earn 2% back on mobile wallet purchases is a very nice feature. “Mobile wallets” refer to digital payment platforms, such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Amazon Pay, meaning virtually any purchase where you pay for goods and services with your phone or mobile device, you’ll earn 2% – not bad! As the REI Mastercard is associated with REI Co-Op, cardholders who are also Co-Op earn the 5%, 2%, and 1% back rewards on top of the 10% they already earn through their REI member’s dividend.
The REI Co-Op works to support projects to help restore trails, natural habitats, and other outdoor preserves, and with each purchase with the REI World Elite Mastercard, REI will donate to these projects. The ability to save nature while saving money makes this a very enticing credit card offer for the outdoors person looking for their next card.
As this is a travel card, cardholders can also expect to pay no foreign transaction fees, as well as World Elite Mastercard designed for those with wanderlust. Cardholders receive a $10 Lyft credit every month when they take five Lyft rides in a month, receive Mastercard’s Hotel Stay Guarantee, and Lowest Hotel Rate Guarantee, receive free breakfast at over 2,000 hotels and have access to an exclusive 24/7 travel and lifestyle hotline.
REI Co-op Mastercard cardholders also have access to Mastercard Trip Cancellation Protection, MasterRental® Car Rental Collision Damage Waiver Insurance for rental car bookings, and more – all for no annual fee.
Should You Apply for the REI Co-Op World Elite Mastercard?
The REI Co-op Mastercard is a robust cash back travel reward card for those who love the outdoors and want to earn rewards while they explore. The ability to earn 5% back on REI purchases, 2% back on mobile wallet purchases, and 1% back on everything else make this a card that is strong on rewards – all while doing its part to help the environment. For every purchase made with the card, REI will donate to nature projects, ensuring members still have ab beautiful outdoors to explore.
Cardholders also earn an additional 10% yearly as an REI Co-Op member – which provides an additional 50% reduction in adventure travel costs when suing it to book travel – and the impressive perks that comes with a World Elite Mastercard. The addition of cellphone protection, no annual fee, and no foreign transaction fees make this an excellent option for those who want to protect the great outdoors while earning rewards to free REI merchandise.