Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on July 21st, 2022
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
- Regular Purchase APR 17.99% - 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 17.99% - 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
Credit NeededBestCards.com uses a variation of FICO Score 8, which is one of many different types of credit scores. A financial institution may use a different score when deciding whether to approve you for a credit card.Fair
- Processing Network Mastercard
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- Exclusively for students
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Regular Purchase APR: 17.99% - 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 17.99% - 27.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you.; None after that
- Cash Advance APR: 27.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
Browse these credit card deals and thousands of other offers by becoming a Bestcards Member.Join today!
At a Glance
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card offers college students unlimited cash back for no annual fee. The card from Capital One earns a flat rate of 1.5% back on all purchases and features no foreign transaction fees.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are students
- Want a versatile cash back credit card with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- Want to build credit while earning unlimited rewards
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card is a cash back credit card that offers an accelerated rewards rate versus the competition. The card provides 1.5% cash back on all purchases, plus no annual fee, foreign transaction fees, or balance transfer fees.
Earn Unlimited Rewards
The student version of the Quicksilver® Rewards Card is like the regular version in that it offers cardholders an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all eligible purchases. That accelerated earning rate is greater than the cash back rewards on offer from Chase (the Freedom Student Card earns 1% back on all purchases) and equal to the 1.5% back with the Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students.
How to Redeem Cash Back
Like other cash back cards from the issuer, Capital One Quicksilver Rewards do not expire for the life of the account and are redeemable for various options. Potential award options include cash back as a statement credit, gift cards from hundreds of leading retailers, or making purchases with either PayPal Pay with Points or when shopping on Amazon.
Designed for Students
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card is designed with college students in mind. Capital One defines a student as “anyone currently enrolled or admitted and planning to enroll in the next three months, at an accredited university, community college or other higher education institution.” This broad definition opens the availability of the card to newly graduated high school seniors, as well as those new to credit but starting their graduate studies.
Once a student with the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card graduates, they keep their card *and rewards) and enjoy the benefits of the regular version of the Quicksilver Card.
No Hidden Fees
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card also enjoys no additional fees. Like its sister card, the Capital One® SavorOne® Rewards for Students Card, Quicksilver Student cardholders enjoy no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, and no fee for conducting a balance transfer.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card include:
- Extended warranty protection on eligible items that are purchased with the credit card
- Travel accident insurance for a covered loss at no extra charge when students use their credit card to purchase their fare
- 24/7 travel assistance services
- Complimentary concierge service through Capital One
- Access to Capita One Shopping online deals portal
Should You Apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card?
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card is one of three student credit cards from Capital One and offers the most versatility of the bunch. Instead of enhanced cash back categories, the card earns an unlimited 1.5% back on all purchases – a significant increase from the 1% back that the Journey® Student Credit Card from Capital One® provides. That cash back potential is also greater than the Chase Freedom Student Card.
Like the SavorOne Student Card, the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card offers impressive cash back on purchases – letting students of any age gain experience with revolving credit – and rewarding them simultaneously. This, in turn, provides the perfect gateway towards gaining experience with credit cards – and getting the most back in return.
The Chase Freedom® Student Credit Card is another great student credit card to consider, as it offers cash back, a good grades discount, and no annual fee. Other options for better credit include the Citi Custom Cash℠ Card and the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer.
The information related to Citi Custom Cash Card and Citi Double Cash Card has been collected by BestCards.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer or provider of this product or service.