| Last updated on February 8th, 2024
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card
- 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card offers college students unlimited cash back for no annual fee. The card from Capital One earns a flat rate of 1.5% back on all purchases and features no foreign transaction fees.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- Early Spend Bonus: Earn $50 when you spend $100 in the first three months
- Earn 10% cash back on purchases made through Uber & Uber Eats, plus complimentary Uber One membership statement credits through 11/14/2024
- Enjoy peace of mind with $0 Fraud Liability so that you wo't be responsible for unauthorized charges
- Enjoy no annual fee, foreign transaction fees, or hidden fees
- Lock your card in the Capital One Mobile app if it's misplaced, lost or stolen
- Earn up to $500 a year by referring friends and family when they're approved for a Capital One credit card
- Earn 8% cash back on entertainment purchases when you book through the Capital One Entertainment portal
- Build your credit with responsible card use
- Whether you're at a 4-year university, community college or other higher education institution, this card might be an option for you
- Regular Purchase APR: 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 19.99% - 29.99% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of each transferred balance that posts to your account at a promotional APR that we may offer you.; None after that
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: 3% of the amount of the cash advance, but not less than $3
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $40
- You are a student
- You want a versatile cash back credit card with no annual fee and no foreign transaction fees
- You want to build credit while earning unlimited rewards
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card Review
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card is a cash back credit card that offers an accelerated rewards rate versus the competition. The card provides 1.5% cash back on all purchases, plus no annual fee, foreign transaction fees, or balance transfer fees.
Earn Unlimited Rewards
The student version of the Quicksilver® Rewards Card is like the regular version in that it offers cardholders an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all eligible purchases. That accelerated earning rate is greater than the cash back rewards on offer from Chase (the Freedom Student Card earns 1% back on all purchases) and equal to the 1.5% back with the Bank of America® Unlimited Cash Rewards Credit Card for Students.
How to Redeem Cash Back
Like other cash back cards from the issuer, Capital One Quicksilver Rewards do not expire for the life of the account and are redeemable for various options. Potential award options include cash back as a statement credit, gift cards from hundreds of leading retailers, or making purchases with either PayPal Pay with Points or when shopping on Amazon.
Designed for Students
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card is designed with college students in mind. Capital One defines a student as “anyone currently enrolled or admitted and planning to enroll in the next three months, at an accredited university, community college or other higher education institution.” This broad definition opens the availability of the card to newly graduated high school seniors, as well as those new to credit but starting their graduate studies.
Once a student with the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card graduates, they keep their card *and rewards) and enjoy the benefits of the regular version of the Quicksilver Card.
No Hidden Fees
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card also enjoys no additional fees. Like its sister card, the Capital One® SavorOne® Rewards for Students Card, Quicksilver Student cardholders enjoy no annual fee, no foreign transaction fees, and no fee for conducting a balance transfer.
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card include:
- Extended warranty protection on eligible items that are purchased with the credit card
- Travel accident insurance for a covered loss at no extra charge when students use their credit card to purchase their fare
- 24/7 travel assistance services
- Complimentary concierge service through Capital One
- Access to Capita One Shopping online deals portal
Should You Apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card?
The Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card is one of three student credit cards from Capital One and offers the most versatility of the bunch. Instead of enhanced cash back categories, the card earns an unlimited 1.5% back on all purchases – a significant increase from the 1% back that the Journey® Student Credit Card from Capital One® provides. That cash back potential is also greater than the Chase Freedom Student Card.
Like the SavorOne Student Card, the Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card offers impressive cash back on purchases – letting students of any age gain experience with revolving credit – and rewarding them simultaneously. This, in turn, provides the perfect gateway towards gaining experience with credit cards – and getting the most back in return.
The Chase Freedom® Student Credit Card is another great student credit card to consider, as it offers cash back, a good grades discount, and no annual fee. Other options for better credit include the Citi Custom Cash℠ Card and the Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer.
Browse Other Credit Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.