Last updated on February 27th, 2023
Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
- 31.74% variable based on the Prime Rate Regular Purchase APR
- 31.74% variable based on the Prime Rate Balance Transfer APR
- 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate Cash Advance APR
At a Glance
The Overstock™ Mastercard® earns you big rewards at Overstock.com – without the annual fee. The card from Citi Retail Services provides up to 5% back in rewards, special financing on select purchases, and a complimentary Club O Rewards membership.
- Best Benefits
- Rates & Fees
- Why Should You Apply?
- Earn 5% back in Club O rewards on overstock purchases
- Earn % back in Club O rewards on apparel & department store purchases
- Earn 2% back in Club O rewards on gas and 1% back on all other purchases
- Complimentary Club O membership (a $19.95/year value)
- Special Financing on eligible Overstock.com purchases
- Regular Purchase APR: 31.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 31.74% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each balance transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 29.99% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Penalty APR: Up to 29.99% variable based on your creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $41
- You frequently shop at Overstock.com or at apparel stores
- You want special financing on a big project
- You prefer a store-branded credit card vs. a cash back credit card
Overstock™ Mastercard® Review
How to Earn Club O Rewards
As mentioned, the Overstock Mastercard earns up to 5% back on purchases. That top tier of rewards comes from purchases made at Overstock.com. Overstock is an online retailer that sells a wide selection of items, mostly centered around furniture, décor, bedding, and other home furnishings.
The Overstock credit card also earns rewards on purchases outside of Overstock. You’ll earn 3% back on eligible purchases at department stores and apparel stores, 2% back on eligible purchases at gas stations, and 1% back on all other eligible purchases with the Overstock Mastercard from Citi.
Please note that gas station purchases made at superstores, supermarkets, or warehouse clubs will not earn 2% back in rewards. Instead, gas purchases at these locations earn 1% back.
How to Redeem Rewards
Redeeming rewards with Club O rewards is simple. Points apply to purchases at Overstock.com. Club O rewards may be combined with other discounts, coupons, and credits without restrictions. Points have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash back as statement credits or cash deposits.
Club O Rewards only expire 90 days after your membership lapses, so as long as your Overstock Mastercard is open and active, you have nothing to worry about!
Complimentary Overstock Club O Membership (a $19.95 value)
Cardholders are automatically enrolled in Overstock.com’s Club O Rewards. Overstock’s Club O Rewards Program provides plenty of perks for members but comes with a $19.95 annual fee. Fortunately, that fee is waived for Overstock™ Mastercard® cardmembers. Here’s what you can expect from Club O Rewards:
|You will earn 5 points (5%) for every $1 on every Overstock purchase.||Get free returns for in-store credit on all eligible products.||Club O members earn double rewards for writing reviews up to 4,000 points ($40 value).||Access to prioritized Customer Care phone support, so you can get the help you need when you need it.|
|We’ll match select competitor’s prices on the same product.||Refer a friend and you both receive 1,000 points ($10) when they sign-up!||Earn up to 40% in extra rewards on purchases from the Extra Rewards Store|
Like other good retail cards, the Overstock Mastercard provides special financing for purchases made at Overstock.com. This special financing of up to 60 months on qualifying purchases can save you considerably when financing a major home project. If you take advantage of one of the following financing promotions, you will pay no interest should you repay the total amount within the promotional period:
- 6 months of 0% financing on orders $199 or more
- 12 months of 0% financing on orders $499 or more
- 18 months of 0% financing on orders $1,499 or more
- 24 months of 0% financing on orders $1,999 or more
The credit card also provides special long-term financing for eligible purchases at Overstock. This long-term financing features a great, low, fixed-rate, helping cushion the blow of costly home remodels or designs. Here are the promotional financing periods:
- 36 months of financing on purchases of $1,299 or more at 9.99% APR
- 48 months of financing on purchases of $1,699 or more at 9.99% APR
- 60 months of financing on purchases of $1,999 or more at 9.99% APR
Citi Credit Card Comparison
Here is how the Overstock Mastercard compares with two other popular Citi credit card offers:
Citi® Double Cash Card
Citi Custom Cash℠ Card
|Unlimited 2% on all purchases, with unlimited 1% cash back when you buy, plus 1% as you pay for those purchases||5% back on top eligible spend category each month (up to $500, 1% after that), and 1% on all else||5% at Overstock, 3% at apparel & department stores, 2% on gas, & 1% on all else|
|0% intro APR for 18 months on transfers||0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and transfers||Special financing on eligible Overstock.com purchases|
|No annual fee||No annual fee||No annual fee|
Other Card Features
Other notable features of the Overstock Mastercard from Citi Ratal Services include near-Global acceptance in more than 200 countries worldwide, digital wallet compatibility with Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay, and EMV chip technology.
The credit card also enjoys Mastercard Platinum features and protections, including:
|Zero Liability Protection||Mastercard Global Services||ID Theft Protection|
Should You Apply for the Overstock™ Mastercard®?
Co-branded credit cards can be something of a mixed bag, so the Overstock Mastercard is pleasantly surprising. The card’s rewards are generous, as are the unique categories – especially department stores and apparel. Add a free Club O membership, and you have a handy card that perfectly suits the home décor fanatic.
The biggest competition to the card is likely the U.S. Bank Shopper Cash Rewards™ Visa Signature® Card. That card earns 6% cash back at two retailers of the cardholder’s choice, with brands including Apple, Kohl’s, Target, Amazon, and more.