Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on December 31st, 2020
- Get paid faster with Netspend Direct Deposit
- No late fees or interest charges
- Can be used anywhere MasterCard Debit cards are accepted
- Choose from several card designs
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3.5% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Take a hike with an award-winning landscape photographer - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Immerse yourself in the world of Italian food and wine - Offer Expires on January 24, 2031 - See Details
- Exclusive tableware and home d?cor items from porcelain - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Go on a guided truffle-hunting expedition in the Motovun Forest - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a journey through the city of the Iron Throne - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Discover Agra beyond the Taj Mahal on a virtual tour - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Play the Hidden Network of Private Courses - Offer Expires on December 31, 2022 - See Details
- Marvel at a celebrity stylist's star-studded fashion collection - Offer Expires on June 01, 2021 - See Details
- Embark on a virtual trip to the Banaras' ghats, Sarnath, and more - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- Get a glimpse into India's history through the Gujarati thali - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Netspend Prepaid Mastercard Prepaid Card can be a useful alternative to a traditional Mastercard credit card by giving you more control over your spending and doing away with the fear of having your credit score negatively impacted.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Are looking for a prepaid card that offers cash back rewards
- Don’t want a card that reports to the major credit bureaus
- Want a convenient payment method that won’t impact their credit score
- Are looking for a card in which you can automatically deposit your paycheck, government benefits, or tax refund
Netspend Prepaid Mastercard Review
Like other prepaid cards, the Netspend Prepaid Mastercard offers many of the perks of a debit card, plus the added protection and security you’d expect from a credit card.
Netspend Prepaid Visa Card Benefits:
- No activation fees
- No credit checks
- No minimum balance required
- No overdraft fees
- No monthly fee
- Free direct deposit and bill pay
- Customize your card
Netspend provides a bunch of perks that simply don’t come with other prepaid options, like gift cards. The Netspend Prepaid Mastercard can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted worldwide.
A Prepaid Card with Rewards
The Netspend Prepaid Mastercard comes with the option of an opt-in rewards program – Payback Rewards. This program allows you to earn cash back on select purchases, with the rewards being applied to the account balance – no gift card can offer that.
Get Paid Two Days Faster
Netspend Prepaid Mastercard holders can have access to their direct deposits up to two days earlier than usual. Banks wait to make deposit funds available once the amount settles int eh account. With the Netspend, however, the deposit enters your account once payment instruction is received, meaning you have access to your hard-earned money when you want it, not when the bank decides to allow.
Should You Apply for the Netspend Prepaid Mastercard?
Prepaid cards are an excellent option for those who want the benefits of a credit card but without the restraints of a credit card or typical checking account. Since prepaid cards don’t require a credit check, they are a great option for anyone with poor or bad credit, or just don’t want the hassle of a traditional card.
The Netspend® Prepaid MasterCard® is perfect in this role, as it provides ease of access, the option of getting paid two days earlier, and no monthly fees. The addition of rewards on eligible purchases makes this a prepaid card with a difference – and one that you should carefully considerin lieu of a credit or debit card.