National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card
Earn 30,000 Bonus Points
- Regular Purchase APR 13.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 13.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 19.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Intro Purchase APR 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Processing Network Visa
- No annual fee
- Earn 30,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days
- Earn 3X points on cellular services, internet services, office supplies, cable TV and telecommunication
- Earn 2X points for travel-related expenses, including airlines and vehicle rentals
- Earn 1X points on all other purchases
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Intro Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 6 months from account opening date
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 19.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $29
- Over Limit Penalty Fee: Up to $29
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Stay 3, Pay 2 - Offer Expires on December 22, 2021 - See Details
- Save 10% on Select Regularly Priced Jewelry - Offer Expires on February 03, 2022 - See Details
- Save $25 in the US with 1-800-GOT-JUNK? - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card is a quality rewards card that earns big points in the categories companies rely on most. The card also features a modest interest-free period and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Use their credit cards to spend heavily on company infrastructure or technology
- Plan to use the card to book domestic travel for employees
- Anticipate spending at least $3,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
- Don’t want to pay an annual fee
National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card Review
The National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card lets companies earn up to 3X points in critical business categories and 2X points on travel purchases. The card also enjoys 0% intro APR for the first six months, a competitive, fixed-rate APR after that, and no annual fee. The card, like other National Bank of Arizona products, is only available to companies based in the Grand Canyon State. For those in nearby states, consider options from California Bank & Trust or Zions Bank.
Receive 30,000 Bonus Points
The National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card comes with a decent signup bonus. New accounts earn 30,000 bonus AmaZing points after spending just $3,000 within the first 90 days. This reward is worth $300. The reward is the same as comes with the AmaZing Rate® and AmaZing Cash® Cards. The only difference is that the points here apply to the Amazing Rewards Program. The other two cards offer rewards as statement credits or cash back, respectively. As an additional bonus, that $3,000 in sending within the first 90 days also earns additional points. That initial spending can ultimately equate to up to 39,000 points. That’s $390 worth of value.
How to Earn Points
The National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card earns 3X points on purchases in the following categories:
- Cellular telephone services (MCC 4814)
- Internet service providers (MCC 4816)
- Satellite and cable TV services (MCC 4899)
- Office supplies (MCCs 5943 and 5111)
- Other telecommunications services and equipment (MCC 4812)
The 3X points the NB|AZ Card earns in business expenses are the main selling point. Service providers and office supplies are the types of things almost every business requires. This category lets companies of any size earn impressive rewards on their bills, utilities, and more. The MCC number next to each group above refers to the merchant code each spend must fall within. For those having issues locating these codes, check out our handy guide to Finding MCCs and Maximizing Rewards. NB|AZ Amazing Rewards Cardholders also earn 2X points on the following travel purchases:
- Direct purchases with airlines (MCCs 3000 through 3299)
- Vehicle rentals (MCCs 3300 through 3499)
These double points categories offer the most value for companies often sends employees on work trips. These rewards can benefit companies that book the travel centrally, as well as companies that plan to issue additional employee cards. All other purchases with the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card earn 1X points. There is no limit to the total amount of points a company can receive. Points never expire as long as the account is open and in good standing.
How to Redeem Points with the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card
AmaZing Points are the currency of the AmaZing Rewards® Program. That program is the rewards program of the Zions Bancorp family of banks – of which NB|AZ is part. Other banks in this family include Nevada State Bank, California Bank & Trust, Vectra Bank, and Zions Bank. Points have a value of one cent per point. This is the rate at which points redeem for statement credits. Statement credit redemptions don’t apply to current balances. These balances still require full payment. Other cash back options include direct deposits into existing NB|AZ checking or savings accounts. Other redemption options include the usual fare. Companies can redeem points for hotel bookings, airfare, and other travel awards. They can also use points for merchandise from leading brands or gift cards. When redeeming points for rewards other than cash back, however, it’s essential to understand that point valuations can fluctuate wildly. These changes are due to the current cash equivalent value that comes with award options, such as flights.
No Interest for the First Six Months
The National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card comes with no interest for the first six months on purchases and balance transfers. This intro APR period is the same found on other NB | AZ AmaZing Business Cards. Six months of 0% intro APR won’t match rival rewards cards like the AMEX Blue Business Cash Card, which offers 12 months on both purchases and balance transfers, but it’s enough for most companies. The six-month period offers companies that plan to invest in themselves to spend on technology or infrastructure, then pay that balance off over the next half-year. Even better, spending heavily on the 3X point categories, such as office supplies or telecommunications services, can build up a company while also earning the 30,000 bonus points. Plus, that 3X spending means companies will receive an additional 9,000 points. Of course, never undertake plans like these without the resources to repay the initial spending. Once the 0% intro APR period finishes, the NB | AZ Card will begin accruing interest immediately. It’s here that budgeting plays a crucial role. Using available credit card limits in conjunction with existing resources is a recipe for business success.
Competitive Fixed Rate APR
Fortunately, the regular APR with the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card is highly competitive. What’s more, that rate is fixed. Companies enjoy the same great rate, regardless of their credit score – a huge plus. The Blue Business Cash Card from American Express has a similar APR on the low end, but that card is variable. This means only businesses with near-perfect credit scores can expect that rate. For these remainder, the APR can vary significantly – even as high as 20% or more. With the NB | AZ Card, however, that isn’t an issue. This fixed-rate APR makes the card a reliable option for companies that plan to carry a balance.
Should You Apply for the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card?
Overall, the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® for Business Card offers extraordinary value for Arizona companies of small-to-medium size. The 3X points the card earns on office supplies and utilities give it the everyday value companies need. The 2X points on travel, on the other hand, boost the travel pretentions of the card. Those travel perks, however, are limited by the 2% foreign transaction fee that comes with the card. Fortunately, that rate is 1/3 less than the average foreign transaction charge of 3% with many other cards. That said, there are plenty of no foreign transaction fee cards for companies available. Ultimately, the NB|AZ AmaZing Rewards Card compares favorably with similar cards, such as the Fifth Third Business Rewards Card and the AMEX Blue Business Card. Both those cards, however, come with longer introductory 0% APR periods. The NB|AZ Card comes with a fixed interest rate, though, while the other two have a variable APR. This combination of substantial rewards, no annual fee, and a competitive, fixed APR make the NB|AZ AmaZing Rewards® for Business a quality offer all Arizona companies should carefully consider.