National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Cash® Credit Card
2% Cash Back for First 90 Days
- Regular Purchase APR 9.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR 9.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance APR 20.24% to 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Annual Fee None
- Credit Needed Excellent , Good
- Processing Network Visa
- Earn cash back on every purchase
- Intro APR for purchases of 0% for first six months after account opening
- Intro APR for balance transfers of 0% for first twelve months after account opening, transfers must be requested within 90 days of opening account
- Annual rewards bonus, based on your spending
- No annual fee, Zero Liability, and other perks
- Regular Purchase APR: 9.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer APR: 9.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Balance Transfer Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater
- Cash Advance APR: 20.24% to 22.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Cash Advance Transaction Fee: Either $10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $25
- Complimentary EZ Mini Crunchies (60g) when you spend S$120 - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- 10% off museum entry - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save up to 55% on London theater tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 10% on Tower of London access tickets - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Alamo® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save 5% with Enterprise Rent-A-Car® at participating locations - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The Paris Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% on The London Explorer Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Barcelona Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- Save an extra 5% when you purchase your Go Bangkok Pass - Offer Expires on December 31, 2020 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
At first blush, the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Cash® Credit Card is a simple, productive cash back credit card designed to reward everyday spending by proffering cash back on every eligible everyday purchase. Earn unlimited cash back while enjoying several great benefits and perks, including an introductory APR, an introductory bonus, and more.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Live and bank in Arizona
- Want to earn cash back from everyday purchases – large and small
- Will take advantage of an introductory APR period on purchases and balance transfers by making a large purchase after opening their card or by transferring a balance
- Want a credit card that offers rewards with no annual fee
- Would like to earn an annual rewards bonus based on the amount of money they’ve spent and the cash back they’ve earned
National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Cash® Credit Card Review
Few cash back credit cards are as simple and easy to use as the National Bank of Arizona (NB|AZ)’s AmaZing Cash Credit Card. Weighing in with a special annual bonus, along with lucrative introductory offers, this card will be a good fit for anyone who is looking for ways to earn cash back from everyday spending.
Comparing AmaZing Credit Cards
There are several iterations of the AmaZing Cash® Credit Card, including the Vectra Bank AmaZing Cash® Card and the California Bank & Trust AmaZing Cash Credit – but which should you choose? The answer to this boils down to personal preference, and geographic location. Each of these cards features similar same benefits and perks – an introductory APR period, unlimited cash back opportunities from all purchases, an introductory cash back bonus period – but ultimately, choosing between them will boil down to which part of the country you live in. Each of these banks serves the area in which they are based. Therefore, the California Bank & Trust AmaZing offering is best for residents of the state of California, while the Vectra Bank card is designed for Colorado residents; folks who live in Arizona will likely benefit most from the NB|AZ card offering. Living in the same geographic region as the issuing bank is important for cardholders, as it provides a physical place to go for customer service, and easier access to ATMs within that bank’s network. If you don’t live in Arizona, you might consider one of the cards above, or a different cash back credit card from a national issuer like Discover® or American Express.
How to Earn Cash Back Rewards
Earning cash back rewards from the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Cash Credit Card is as simple as swiping your plastic in-store or online. Cardholders earn rewards from every single eligible purchase they make, no matter how large or small. Whether you buy a pack of gum, or a 65-inch LED television, you’ll earn 1% cash back from each and every purchase. There is no limit to the amount of cash back rewards that you can earn, and your rewards never expire, so you can save up as much as you’d like before redeeming. Transactions like cash advances, balance transfers, and returned merchandise are not eligible for cash back rewards. Additional cash back can be earned thanks to an annual rewards bonus, which is sure to appeal to many. This bonus is based on the amount of cash back earned from non-promotional offers within the calendar year. It’s a special feature from National Bank of Arizona, rewarded in addition to the 1% cash back that the cardholder earns on every purchase. There are six tiers based on annual net spend, which determine the percentage amount of the annual bonus. Cardholders will receive a percentage of their annual cash back earnings, based on the tier they have reached with their annual net spend. Tiers receive bonuses based on the following:
Basically, someone who has an annual spend of $7,500 using their card will qualify for the Tier 2, 5% bonus. If they’ve accrued cash back at the 1% rate, they’ll receive $75 in regular cash back rewards, and an additional $3.75 (5% of $75). Similarly, a cardholder who spends $12,500 in a year would earn $125 in regular cash back rewards, and an additional annual bonus of $12.50 (10% of their cash back total, based on reaching Tier 3 with their annual spend). The lowest bonus – 5% – requires a monthly spend of at least $420 per month, which is certainly attainable, but will require the cardholder to use their card pretty much every day to achieve. The highest, Tier 6 bonus may be much more difficult to qualify for, especially if you haven’t budgeted for multiple large credit card purchases. If you aren’t planning to spend a lot of money regularly, you might consider a different cash back credit card with a higher reward yield for everyday spending, like the Discover it® Cash Back card, which rewards spending in rotating categories each quarter with up to 5% back. This annual cash back rewards bonus is designed as an incentive for cardholders to spend more money. The more money a cardholder spends using their AmaZing Cash card, the larger their annual bonus will be.
How to Redeem Cash Back from the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Cash® Credit Card
To redeem cash back rewards, cardholders can log in to their online account (login portals are located at the top right of each page of the issuing bank’s website),by visiting a branch in-person and making a request with a teller, or by calling the customer care line at 1-800-497-8168. To redeem their cash back rewards, a cardholder must have accrued a minimum total of $25 each time they request a redemption, which can be applied against their current balance as a statement credit. Each cash back reward is a value of 1 cent, so in order to earn $1 in rewards, cardholders must spend $100.
Introductory Rates & Offers
As an added incentive for new cardholders, the National Bank of Arizona has included three lucrative introductory offers with the AmaZing Cash Credit Card:
- For purchases, cardholders will enjoy a 0% introductory APR for the first six months their account is open. This is useful for folks who know their budget and are planning to make a large purchase right away, so that they can pay it down over 6 months without having to worry about interest charges. In order to take full advantage of this, it helps to plan ahead; make sure that you’ll be able to pay off most, if not all, of your purchase so that you can maximize your savings from the introductory APR period. The BestCards team recommends paying off the purchase in full before the six months are up – it demonstrates financial responsibility and saves a bundle of cash.
- For balance transfers that are requested within 90 days of opening an account, an introductory APR of 0% is available for the first twelve months. Folks who have existing debt from previous credit card accounts will find this useful if they want to pay down their current balance without accruing any additional interest. It’s a good opportunity to eliminate any outstanding charges from other accounts.
- For the first 90 days after opening an account, cardholders can earn double cash back from their purchases. Each time they swipe their card during this time, 2% cash back rewards will be added to their account – which is an opportunity that can be combined with the introductory purchase APR period to maximize both savings and rewards, since a large purchase with a cash back rate of 2% means double the cash back that can be earned once the introductory bonus period has ended.
Once the introductory APR period has ended, cardholders who carry a balance will be subject to a competitively low standard APR for both purchases and balance transfers. This interest rate is moderate when compared to many other cash back cards, and while it’s not unreasonably high, if you wish to avoid any interest charges, it’s recommended to pay your balance in full each billing cycle.
The National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Cash Credit Card is accompanied by a suite of sweet perks, protections, and benefits. In addition to what the issuing bank offers, there are a variety of great Visa® benefits, including:
- Purchase Alerts
- Automatic upgrade to Signature status (a minimum requirement of $50,000+ annual income and excellent credit is required for the upgrade)
- Visa Concierge Service (only available to Signature cardholders)
- Emergency card replacement and emergency cash disbursement
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Auto Rental Insurance
- Visa Zero Liability
- MyPHOTOcard® – design your own credit card, using a picture that expresses your unique personality. Choose a picture of your dog or cat, your favorite superhero or animated character, or even a photo of yourself. It’s free to personalize your card the first time – each additional card or design is $4.95.
Should You Apply for the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Cash® Credit Card from National Bank of Arizona?
Folks who are looking for a cash back credit card should certainly consider the AmaZing Cash® Credit Card from the National Bank of Arizona if they are in the market for a simplified way to earn cash back rewards. However, since there are a variety of cash back card offers on the market, choosing the right fit for your financial goals can be tricky. Another factor to consider when deciding on a cash back credit card is the length of the introductory APR. Folks who want to make a large purchase while avoiding expensive interest charges will want to take advantage of a longer introductory APR period; some cards, like the Chase Freedom Unlimited, offer 0% interest no purchases for a whopping fifteen months – which is plenty of time to pay down the balance of a big-ticket item before it begins to accrue interest fees. This introductory period for purchases is more than double that of the NB|AZ AmaZing Cash Credit Card. The cash back opportunities themselves are also worth comparing – the SunTrust Cash Rewards Credit Card offers up to 5% in cash back with a focus on gas and grocery purchases for the most rewards, while the AmaZing Cash Credit Card from NB|AZ only offers a standard 1% outside of its introductory bonus period. Larger issuers also offer lucrative cash back cards that have competitive earnings – the American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card, for example, boasts rewards of up to 6% back. Overall, the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Cash Credit Card is a solid choice, especially for someone who is new to the world of earning cash back rewards and wants a simplified card that rewards everyday spending with a little extra at the end of each year. Whether it’s “Amazing” or simply “good” will depend on your financial goals, and how you plan to use it.