| Last updated on October 19th, 2023
OFFER NOT AVAILABLE
Please note that this credit card offer is currently unavailable. To view more credit card options like this one, please click the link below.
At a Glance
The National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® Credit Card is a basic card that rewards everyday spending. A useful financial tool for those who wish to finance a large purchase or transfer a balance, it features an introductory APR along with a special introductory bonus reward, an annual rewards bonus, and no annual fee.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Live in Arizona
- Want a simple, easy-to-use rewards card
- Would like to earn rewards on every eligible purchase Will take advantage of an introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers
- Want a rewards credit card that does not charge an annual fee
- Would like to earn an annual rewards bonus based on their annual net spend and the amount of points they’ve accrued in that time
National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® Credit Card Review
The National Bank of Arizona (NB|AZ)’s AmaZing Rewards® Credit Card offers a great opportunity for anyone wishing to earn unlimited rewards from every purchase, large and small.
How to Earn Rewards from the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® Credit Card
Earning points with the NB|AZ AmaZing Rewards® Credit Card is simple. You can use the card for everyday purchases, and each time you swipe your card you’ll receive 1X point per $1 spent. Cardholders can earn unlimited points no matter what they purchase. All eligible spending accrues rewards points, whether you buy a couch with your card or a pack of gum. In addition to unlimited rewards, points earned will never expire as long as the account is in good standing. However, transactions like cash advances, balance transfers, and returned merchandise are not eligible for rewards points. An annual rewards bonus will sweeten the deal for cardholders who use this card often. At the end of each calendar year, the issuer will calculate the total points a cardholder has earned from non-promotional offers and will issue a points bonus. This bonus offer has six total tiers, broken down based on the user’s net spending. Each cardholder will receive a bonus percentage of the total rewards points they accrued based on how much they spent that year.
Basically, if a cardholder spends $5,000 in a year (which qualifies for Tier 2), they would receive 5,000 points at the 1X rewards rate, plus an additional 250 points at the 5% bonus rate (5% of 5,000 points). If they spent $12,500, they’d receive 12,500 points plus an additional 1,250 bonus (10% under Tier 3). The lowest bonus – Tier 2, or 5% of your total points – requires a monthly spend of approximately $420 each month – easily attainable if you plan to use your card every day. Just buying groceries each week can put your spending close to the threshold to achieve the 5% bonus; however, higher tiers may be more elusive. Unless you’re planning to regularly make large purchases using your card, you might be better off considering a different cash back credit card that offers a higher reward yield for everday spending. The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card is a great alternative, as it rewards with up to 3X points per $1 spent on everyday spending categories. While a fixed 1% cash back rate may not be the most impressive reward structure, the annual bonus that NB|AZ offers is certainly appealing – if you’re willing and able to spend the money necessary to achieve it. This bonus is comparable to several of the Discover it® offerings, which match the cash back earned by the cardholder at the end of their first year. An annual rewards points bonus is designed to be an incentive for cardholders to spend more money using their NB|AZ card. The more money you spend, the higher your bonus will be.
How to Redeem Rewards from the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® Credit Card
Points are valued at 1 cent per point. In other words, to redeem $1 in cash back, cardholders must accrue 100 points. If you do not spend a lot of money with this card, odds are you will not get much value from it. A minimum of 2,500 points is required (the equivalent of a $25 reward) to redeem points. Although rewards do not expire if the cardholder’s account is in good standing, purchases must be redeemed within 90 days of purchase date. This is important to note, because it means that if you do not pay attention to your rewards total and the expiration dates associated with them once points are redeemed, you may forfeit rewards. Once ready to redeem earned points, cardholders can log into their online account, visit branch in person, or call the customer care line at 1-800-497-8168. Points can be redeemed for great rewards, including:
- Cash back, applied as a statement credit or deposited directly into a NB|AZ checking or savings account
- Gift Cards to hundreds of retailers
- Merchandise from popular brands
- Travel credits and discounts
It’s important to note that point valuations for redemption options other than cash back can fluctuate. These shifts are due to the ever-changing cash equivalent value that accompanies award options like flights.
Introductory Offers and Rates
New cardholders will enjoy the introductory incentives that the National Bank of Arizona offers with its AmaZing Rewards Credit Card option:
- For purchases, there is an introductory APR of 0% for the first six months after opening an account. Anyone who is planning to use their new card to make a large purchase right away will be able to take advantage of this offer to pay down their balance interest-free for the first six billing cycles. In order to maximize savings, it will behoove you to plan ahead if you’re planning to finance a new LED television or a new laptop using your credit card – budgeting so that the balance is paid in full before the introductory APR period has ended can help you save big.
- A similar offer is available for balance transfers, so long as they are requested within 90 days of opening an account. Cardholders will not be subjected to interest charges for the first twelve months after balance is transferred. This is particularly useful for anyone who has existing debt from an existing credit card that they’d like to pay down without accruing additional interest. It’s a wonderful opportunity to eliminate any outstanding charges from other accounts while saving money thanks to a 0% APR.
- Cardholders can earn double rewards points for the first 90 days that their account is open. Each time they use their card for a purchase during the first three billing cycles, they’ll get 2X points per $1 spent instead of 1X points. This is an opportunity that can be combined with the introductory purchase APR to allow the cardholder to maximize both savings and rewards, since a large purchase that earns 2X points means that they’ll earn even more cash back once this offer has expired.
Cardholders who carry a balance once the introductory APR period has ended will content with a moderate, competitive interest rate for both purchases and balance transfers. It’s relatively low when compared to other rewards cards’ APRs. Although it’s not an unreasonable interest rate, it’s recommended to pay your balance in full each billing cycle to avoid accruing extra charges. There is no annual fee associated with this card. This means that cardholders can enjoy their perks without having to worry about any of the additional fees that are sometimes associated with other rewards cards.
The NB|AZ’s AmaZing Rewards Credit Card is accompanied by a suite of great cardholder benefits and protections, including some of Visa®’s most popular security features. These include:
- Purchase Alerts
- Automatic upgrade to Signature status (A minimum annual income of $50,000+, along with a credit score in the “excellent” range – 740 and above – is required to qualify for Signature status)
- Visa Concierge service (only available with Signature status)
- Emergency Card replacement and emergency cash disbursement
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Auto Rental Insurance
- Visa Zero Liability
- myPHOTOcard® (Pick the design you’d like to use for your credit card or design your own using a picture that shows your personality. Cardholders can choose anything they’d like – their favorite animation character or superhero, a photo of their dog or their cat, or even a picture of themselves. Customizing and personalizing your credit card is free the first time. Each additional card or design will cost $4.95.)
Comparing AmaZing Credit Cards
Several banks issue cards that fall under the AmaZing Credit Card moniker, including Vectra Bank, Zions Bank and California Bank and Trust. There are several versions of the AmaZing Rewards® Card from issuers in multiple states, and they all feature the same benefits and bonuses – so how do you choose the best fit for you? The final decision comes to personal preference – and your geographic location. The National Bank of Arizona serves residents in its namesake state, while California Bank and Trust has branches across California. Similarly, Zions Bank serves Utah, while Vectra Bank is based in Colorado. Physical access to the issuing bank can be critical for cardholders, so living in the same geographic region as the issuing bank is important. If you look at the offers from your local branches and aren’t satisfied, you can always apply for a credit card from a national issuer, like American Express or Discover.
Should You Apply for the National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® Credit Card from National Bank of Arizona?
The National Bank of Arizona AmaZing Rewards® Credit Card is a solid, and convenient, personal rewards card. Designed to reward everyday spending, it allows cardholders to earn unlimited rewards without having to worry about what spending category they make purchases in. It also brings several incentives to the table, including an introductory APR period, a special introductory bonus, and an annual rewards bonus. Rewards points earned with this card are valued at approximately $0.01, which is competitive – but for folks who are looking for a more diverse or a more lucrative rewards program, they might find better value with other types of rewards credit cards. Some cards focus on specific types of rewards. The IHG® Rewards Club Traveler Credit Card features a much higher points-earning rate on IHG spending, and it rewards groceries and gas with twice as many points as the NB|AZ AmaZing Rewards card.
Other cards, like the Chase Sapphire Preferred®, offer a higher earning rate along with much higher introductory bonuses – but also charge an annual fee. Another example of a card feature that might outpace the AmaZing Rewards options is the introductory APR period that is offered by some of its competitors. The Chase Freedom® Credit Card and the Discover it® Miles offer introductory APRs periods that are more than twice as long as that offered by NB|AZ and the other AmaZing issuers. A longer introductory APR is useful for those who plan to carry a balance when they first open a card. Comparing the rewards a card offers to its annual fee is another good metric for deciding which card is a good fit for your wallet. Ultimately, deciding what card is best for you will depend on your financial goals, your budget, and the sort of rewards that appeal most to you. It pays to consider how often you’ll use a card, whether the rewards you can earn will offset an annual fee (if there is one) and which type of rewards – points, cash back, travel – you want to capitalize on.
Browse Other NB|AZ Card Offers:
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards.com's reviews, articles, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author(s). These opinions do not reflect those of any card issuer or financial institution, and editorial content on our site has not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless noted otherwise. Further, BestCards.com lists credit card offers that are frequently updated with information believed to be accurate to the best of our team's knowledge. However, please review the information provided directly by the credit card issuer or related financial institution for full details.