Advertiser Disclosure – BestCards is an independent, Florida-based credit card comparison platform. Many of the card offers that appear on this site are from companies from which BestCards receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). BestCards does not include all card companies or all card offers available in the marketplace.
Editorial Disclosure – The opinions expressed on BestCards’ reviews, blogs, and all other content on or relating to the website are solely those of the content’s author. They are not reflective of any card issuer or financial institution and have not been reviewed or approved by these entities unless otherwise noted. Further, BestCards lists credit card offers that are updated daily with information believed to be accurate to the best of our knowledge.
Last updated on April 5th, 2021
- 2% cash back on all eligible purchases on up to $50,000 per calendar year
- Cash back is automatically applied as statement balance
- Expanded Buying Power - spend above your credit limit
- No annual fee
- Intro Purchase APR: 0% for 12 months from account opening date
- Regular Purchase APR: 13.24% to 19.24% variable based on creditworthiness and the Prime Rate
- Penalty APR: 29.24% variable based on the Prime Rate
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of the transaction amount in U.S. dollars
- Late Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- Return Payment Penalty Fee: Up to $39
- 33% off a monthly subscription - Offer Expires on December 31, 2021 - See Details
- 50% off for up to 12 months - Offer Expires on January 03, 2022 - See Details
- Spend $125 or more, get $25 back. Up to 2 times (total of $50). - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $25 or more, get $5 back - Offer Expires on May 07, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on June 20, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $150 or more, get $30 back - Offer Expires on April 29, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $50 or more, get $10 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $250 or more, get $50 back - Offer Expires on April 30, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $75 or more, get $15 back - Offer Expires on May 09, 2021 - See Details
- Spend $100 or more, get $25 back - Offer Expires on May 01, 2021 - See Details
- View All Deals -
At a Glance
The Blue Business Cash™ Card is a no-annual-fee business credit card from American Express and earns a flat 2% cash back on all purchases which are automatically applied as a statement credit. It is best suited as a supplementary business card to use when an expenditure won’t earn rewards with another card.
Ideal for Those Who:
- Need a card that can handle large, unexpected purchases regardless of the credit card limit
- Want cash back earnings automatically applied towards your credit card balance
- Want complimentary employee cards with cash back earning potential
- Frequently work with vendors that don’t accept credit cards
- Want rewards points on everyday business purchases on the card
Blue Business Cash™ Card Review
The American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card is a straightforward cash back business credit card that earns 2% back on all purchases (up to $50,000 per year). After reaching $50,000 in purchases, cash back is reduced to 1% on all purchases (1x points per dollar), but all cash back earnings are applied automatically as a statement credit.
The card has no annual fee, 0% APR for purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months, and What the Blue Business Cash™ Card lacks in the way of free accounts and memberships that the American Express premium business cards offer, it makes up for in ease of use. Businesses with yearly expenditures over $50,000 have far more lucrative business card options than this one and should look elsewhere.
Who Can Benefit from the Blue Cash for Business Card?
Designed with small business owners in mind, the strongest feature of the Blue Business Cash™ Card is the expanded buying power. This Amex feature allows for purchases beyond the set credit limit – and without any fees. How does this work? Call a customer representative or check the ‘Spending Ability’ button on your account to request temporary approval to make purchases above your credit limit.
Even better, you’ll still earn 2% cash back on those purchases as well. This perk is particularly handy for new businesses that are notorious for having a number of large upfront costs (renting office space, outfitting offices with furniture and tech, installing software, etc.). Paired with the zero-interest introductory offers, this card is well equipped to handle to accommodate unexpected business expenditures quite well.
Business Management Tools
This card also comes with several handy account and spending management tools – a necessity for business owners who will need to monitor the spending on complimentary employee cards. Spend Manager and QuickBooks access will allow you to keep track of receipts and transcripts across all company cards, making end-of-year expenses reviewing a breeze.
Vendor Pay from Bill.com will enable businesses to use their Blue Business Cash™ Card to pay vendors that typically require checks or other non-electronic forms of payment. Not only does it simplify paying for the services and goods that keep your business running but it ensures that you never miss out on an opportunity to earn that 2% cash back.
Should You Apply for the Blue Business Cash™ Card?
Overall, the Blue Business Cash™ Card isn’t strong enough to be a business’ primary credit card but would make a great in-between business card. Use it to supplement cash back rewards for purchases that don’t fall into other rewards categories (i.e. dining or office supplies).
Business owners who don’t want to deal with multiple point redemption options will find this card easy to use – as the automatic statement credit allows the earning and redemption of rewards without a second thought.
As a cash back business credit option, the Blue Business Cash™ Card is standard to other business credit cards that offer a flat cash back rate on earnings and have no annual fee. As such, the one major downfall of this Amex business card is the lack of a signup bonus (which many of the other cards do offer). In direct comparison to those like the Ink Business Unlimited℠, the Blue Business Cash™ Card does little to incentivize choosing this card over the other nearly identical options.
The Blue Business Cash card is a fine option if you are already ingrained within the American Express Universe, but otherwise, might as well pursue a business credit card that offers some sort of sign up bonus, like the Blue Business Plus Credit Card, which earns 2X Membership Rewards Points per dollar spent.